Macy’s Closing 68 Stores, cutting 10,000 Jobs. Thanks Trump

I wouldn't say this is the result of a Trump POTUS, though I would like to...this is the result of the proliferation of online shopping. Also, Macy's sort of sucks bawlz.

Many times online is a deal.

Well yes, it is in most cases.

Several years ago a hardware store in our area closed down. It was a mom and pop operation. The owner blamed the opening of a Home Depot for the problem. He said he lost half of his customers because he had no way to compete with price and selection.

I was discussing the problem with one of the workers at a place I deliver to who lives in my area. He was totally upset. So I asked him where he went when he needed hardware or tools? He said Home Depot. I replied "well there you go!"

If we always head for the cheapest price, then these places have no choice but to close down. It's like when we choose foreign made products over our own.

I know Candy posted this to be sarcastic, but there is a point here: sometimes we can't depend on our politicians to solve a problem we created. We consumers created the problem--only we consumers can solve it.

Not Trumps fault, ours. I don't use do it your self check out lines because then the store can hire one less person. I buy as much as I can off line, (sorry India) I favor business that have there tech support in this country(and tell them so.) we are global but try to buy America first.

I guess if he’s getting credit for everything good that happens in our economy, he should logically get blame for everything bad. Right?

cnn.com
Macy's announced this a year ago, so say thanks to Obumma

Doany of those jobs pay leadt 30 bucks per hour plus full benefits? If not, you jerks should not consider them jobs. Of course in your assinine myopiuc loser world no worker is worth that.

Doany of those jobs pay leadt 30 bucks per hour plus full benefits? If not, you jerks should not consider them jobs. Of course in your assinine myopiuc loser world no worker is worth that.

If they couldn't make it on what they were paying, HTF do you expect them to make it paying higher wages?

So there are casualties of Obama's rein Trump, as President-ELECT, can't save...

...and snowflakes want to blame Trump.

Priceless :p

Middle class spending is down. Corporate profits are up.
Democrats will be gone soon....

Which will be the death of the middle class.

If you like how GW fucked you, you're going to LOVE Trump.

GW didn't fuck me--Obama did. And now it's your turn to get fucked. We'll just sit back and laugh.

What we're going to see under a Tump admin is retailer after retailer shutting down stores, laying off staff, and he isn't going to have a damn thing to say about it while he's staring at his "Made in China" ties and "Made in Bangladesh" shirts.

Forum List

Back