Malaysian airliner missing with 239 people on board

The missing plane is most likely in a situation like this.

l_75648_df81c3e6.jpg

Who was saying they thought the plane may have been diverted and then landed to be used for other purposes? This thread has become so long i can't recall. Maybe [MENTION=30538]Grampa Murked U[/MENTION]?

Here is a report released today which state US investigators have started to believe that possibility.

U.S. investigators suspect that Malaysia Airlines 3786.KU -4.08% Flight 370 stayed in the air for about four hours past the time it reached its last confirmed location, according to two people familiar with the details, raising the possibility that the plane could have flown on for hundreds of additional miles under conditions that remain murky.

U.S. counterterrorism officials are pursuing the possibility that a pilot or someone else on board the plane may have diverted it toward an undisclosed location after intentionally turning off the jetliner's transponders to avoid radar detection, according to one person tracking the probe.

But the huge uncertainty about where the plane was headed, and why it apparently continued flying so long without working transponders, has raised theories among investigators that the aircraft may have been commandeered for a reason that appears unclear to U.S. authorities. Some of those theories have been laid out to national security officials and senior personnel from various U.S. agencies, according to one person familiar with the matter.

At one briefing, according to this person, officials were told investigators are actively pursuing the notion that the plane was diverted "with the intention of using it later for another purpose."

U.S. Investigators Suspect Missing Malaysia Airplane Flew On for Hours - WSJ.com

Last edited:
That sample size of one is notably larger than the sample size of any of the conspiracy theorists.

And speaking of moving goalposts, you might want to set your goalposts down for the first time by defining for us what criteria you used to conclude "too many" callers were getting rings back.

Haha, I explicitly stated that what I posted was conspiracy, not fact nor proof, nor even that I believed it. You are the fool wanting me to prove that what I already stated as a conspiracy is some how factual in my mind. Do you really want to travel that path? Had I claimed it to be something other than a conspiracy, you might have a point. I didn't do that. Your attempt to steer it in that direction isn't wise. Which would explain why I called you a fool.

dont worry alan calls anyone who bests him a fool...or anyone who remembers his past deeds etc and so forth....

CaféAuLait;8766040 said:
Who was saying they thought the plane may have been diverted and then landed to be used for other purposes? This thread has become so long i can't recall. Maybe [MENTION=30538]Grampa Murked U[/MENTION]?

Here is a report released today which state US investigators have started to believe that possibility.

U.S. investigators suspect that Malaysia Airlines 3786.KU -4.08% Flight 370 stayed in the air for about four hours past the time it reached its last confirmed location, according to two people familiar with the details, raising the possibility that the plane could have flown on for hundreds of additional miles under conditions that remain murky.

U.S. counterterrorism officials are pursuing the possibility that a pilot or someone else on board the plane may have diverted it toward an undisclosed location after intentionally turning off the jetliner's transponders to avoid radar detection, according to one person tracking the probe.

But the huge uncertainty about where the plane was headed, and why it apparently continued flying so long without working transponders, has raised theories among investigators that the aircraft may have been commandeered for a reason that appears unclear to U.S. authorities. Some of those theories have been laid out to national security officials and senior personnel from various U.S. agencies, according to one person familiar with the matter.

At one briefing, according to this person, officials were told investigators are actively pursuing the notion that the plane was diverted "with the intention of using it later for another purpose."

U.S. Investigators Suspect Missing Malaysia Airplane Flew On for Hours - WSJ.com

Malaysian authorities just said the Rolls Royce story of 4 hours is not correct and that the satellite images were released by mistake.

WTF?

-Geaux

good gosh.....cbs is working capt scully to death on this issue...he is taking about a night landing on the ocean

The keystone cops must be running the show over there. What a 3-ring circus

-Geaux

CaféAuLait;8766040 said:

Was missing jet HIJACKED? US officials fear MH370 was captured and flown to mystery location after debris seen at sea is ruled out and new data reveals it was airborne FOUR HOURS after vanishing
US investigators examining whether flight was taken to another location
Officials suspect data from engines suggests plane flew total of five hours
Counter-terrorism officials concerned pilot or someone else turned off transponders
Four more hours of flight time would allow the plane to fly 2,200 nautical miles
That would put Pakistan and the Arabian Sea within reach
Malaysia Airlines previously said the Rolls-Royce Trent engines stopped transmitting monitoring signals when contact with the plane was lost
On Wednesday the Chinese government satellite imagery was released which showed the 'suspected crash site' of Malaysian Airlines Flight 370
Blurry images appeared to show three large pieces of debris - the largest of which is 78-feet by 72-feet
Vietnamese and Malaysian aviation chiefs ruled this out and said no plane debris was found at spot shown by China's satellite images

Hijacked and hidden? US counter-terror officials fear plane could have been captured after debris spotted by Chinese is ruled out and new data reveals it was airborne FOUR hours after vanishing | Mail Online

CaféAuLait;8766040 said:
the possibility that a pilot or someone else on board the plane may have diverted it toward an undisclosed location after intentionally turning off the jetliner's transponders to avoid radar detection, according to one person tracking the probe.

Turning off the transponder would simply have removed the ID tag on the radar op's screen but not removed the aircraft from radar.
To do that, the aircraft would have to drop to very low level and that would have shown up and made alarm bells ring.

there is a guy who made this report

he was working an oil rig off the coast of one of the two Vietnams

---------------------
Gentlemen. I believe I saw the Malaysian Airlines flight come down. The timing is right.

I tried to contact Malaysian and Vietnamese officials days ago. But I do not know if the message has been received.

I am on the oil ring Songa-Mercur off the coast of Vung Tau.

‘The surface location of the observation is

Lat 08 deg 22′ 30.20″ N
Long 108 deg 42 ‘ 22.26″ E

I observed (the plane?) burning at high altitude at a compass bearing of 265 to 275. It is very difficult to judge the distance but I would say 50 to 70 kms along the compass bearing 260-277.

While I observed (the plane) it appeared to be in one piece.

The sea surface current at our location is 2-2.3 knots in the direction of 225-230.

The wind direction has been E-ENE averaging 15-20 knots.

From when I first saw the burning (plane?) until the flames went out (at high altitude) was 10-15 seconds. There was no lateral movement so it was either coming toward our position, stationary (falling) or going away. The general position of the observation was perpendicular / south west of the normal flight paths.

(We see the con trails every day) and at a lower altitude than the normal flight paths or on the compass bearing 265 to 275 intersecting the normal flight paths at normal altitude but further away.

Good Luck

https://twitter.com/BobWoodruff/status/443713159732289536

Aha, all is revealed;

How safe are Boeing 777 planes following the disappearance of Malaysia Airlines flight MH370? | News.com.au

It has emerged that last September, authorities issued a global warning regarding the structural integrity of 777 aircraft following reports of cracks and corrosion appearing in the fuselage skin, resulting in a “weak spot”.

The US Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) reported that a 40 centimetre-crack was found underneath the satellite antennae on one of the planes, which could cause “rapid decompression and a loss of structural integrity of the aeroplane.”

They have had problems since the very first one. This is not news.

I think you're confusing the 777 with the 787. The 787 has had so many problems that it's called "The Flying Work Order".
:eek:

Sent from my NWO shill phone using TapYourLine II.
]]

Nope, it was the 777.

US regulators warned of problems on Boeing 777s

I remember it well. That was in my extreme fear of flying days, and someone else booked the flights. I had no choice but to take the domestic flights they booked for me.

Terrorists are patient, think about the time span between the first bombing of the world trade center and 911.

That would make sense if it was a US airplane. But who did the Malaysians piss off?!?!?!

I never said the future intent was against Malaysians. :D Perhaps a Malaysian airplane was an easier target to acquire.

Ding ding ding! But remember there have been terrorist attacks all over the world.

Terrorists are patient, think about the time span between the first bombing of the world trade center and 911.

Hehe, here is alan1's conspiracy number one.

All communication from the plane ended, transponders, emergency locator beacon, radio. While it is slightly possible that that could happen by accident, it is highly unlikely for all systems (and backup systems) to fail simultaneously. That would indicate that there was intent. If it was intentional, that would indicate hijacking.
Oh, and like I said, terrorists are patient. If the intent was to hijack a plane for future terrorist activity, then the terrorists would remain quiet about it.

So, continuing with the conspiracy theory, it was a hijacking for future use of the plane. Perhaps that future use is to put a dirty nuke in it then fly to and crash it into a large metro area. This is certainly not beyond the realm of a terrorist action. Again, terrorists are patient, it could be 3 days or a year before they use the plane.

Then we have the passengers. Terrorists wouldn't be concerned about the passengers. If they took control of the cockpit, they could easily depressurize the planes cabin. Those oxygen masks that drop would only supply oxygen for an hour at best. Stay in the air longer than that, and all the passengers are either dead or passed out by the time they land at their destination. They don't have to deal with fighting passengers after landing, just deal with removing the dead bodies.

Cell phones of the passengers were still ringing after the plane vanished. Some cell phone service will still present a "false" ring for a phone not on the grid, but many would go straight to voice-mail if the phone isn't connected. Too many cell phones rang, indicating that said phones were not damaged in an explosion or at the bottom of the ocean. It would take a while for terrorists to shut off all the cell phones.

Over 8 countries, over 40 ships, over 30 planes couldn't put Humpty Dumpty back together again, or find wreckage debris. Yes, I know the search area is large, but how often has five days passed with no sign of debris or wreckage from a plane crash? Rare indeed.

I posit that the plane was successfully hijacked, landed somewhere, the passengers killed and that it will reappear at some point in the future as a terrorist weapon. That's my conspiracy.

They keep expanding the search area. It would seem that they could calculate approximately how far the plane could have traveled in all directions in the time it had before it went missing and exhaust searches in that area before they go out farther. Perhaps they have done that, but it seems the early part of the disappearance was more a question of 'which way did they go' rather than, 'where did they come to rest.' I think it is clear at this point that the plane did come to rest somewhere, somehow. I also can't accept that there would be no floating debris in the ocean or that satellite technology couldn't locate it, particularly since aircraft are equipped with flotation devices. I have trouble even believing that satellite technology can't find a downed aircraft on land. Hell, they can read your house number from a satellite. But they can't find a plane on the ground? Go figure!

Everything within a six-seven hour flight time (fuel available on the plane) is a massive area to search. New York to San Francisco is under seven hours of flight time, imagine trying to to search for a plane leaving New York for seven hours of flight time in all directions. Granted, they do know the first hour of the flight direction, but the remaining possibilities are still huge.

But was the plane in the air long enough to have gone that far? That is my point. How long the plane traveled is still up for grabs. It seems they started too big if they originally thought it had not gone far.

Malaysia Airlines flight: new theory emerges on how long plane kept flying | World news | theguardian.com

sometimes you stand so close to a problem you'll never see the answer. if they share info and stand back and look at the big picture the damned thing might well be right there in front of em. just sayin'

Forum List

Back