Man sentenced to 20 days in jail for pulling a gun on a pregnant woman smoking

:cuckoo:

So...if she decides to kill it...yay.
But if she subjects it to nicotine...even though there's no evidence that any but the most dedicated and random smoking mothers have inflicted damage upon their babies...that should be puishable by prison.

What if she just jabbed herself in the stomach?

How is it that you can reconcile the absolute freedom to butcher, torture and kill her unborn child...with the restrictions you want to place on a woman for smoking a cigarette while pregnant?

People are nuts.

It's the laws of today's society. Yeah, they are nuts, but that's the way it is. Outlaw abortion and I'll say, just put her in jail, or some sort of guarded facility, until the baby is born to protect the unborn child. Since abortion is legal, she has that choice.

Put her in jail for smoking while pregnant?

Would she be entitled to due process or a trial or will she simply be summarily imprisoned?

And what will be done with the child once born, since it can’t be given to the mother? Foster care? Adoption? Are you prepared for the expense of administering that?

This is actually a wonderful post.

In a few sentences you’ve successfully documented the authoritarianism of the right and the contempt conservatives have for the rule of law. You’ve documented how indeed conservatives care more about children before they’re born as opposed to after. You’ve demonstrated the irrational extremism of those opposed to privacy rights. And you’ve demonstrated the inconsistent, untenable position conservatives have taken with regard to privacy rights.

Well done.

No, he really hasn't. He pointed out that abortion isn't about choice after all...this thread exemplifies it. It's just about killing, and fascism, and controlling women. Proven by the pro-death cultists here who think it's okay to point a gun at a pregnant woman because she chooses to smoke.

It's the laws of today's society. Yeah, they are nuts, but that's the way it is. Outlaw abortion and I'll say, just put her in jail, or some sort of guarded facility, until the baby is born to protect the unborn child. Since abortion is legal, she has that choice.

Would she be entitled to due process or a trial or will she simply be summarily imprisoned?

And what will be done with the child once born, since it can’t be given to the mother? Foster care? Adoption? Are you prepared for the expense of administering that?

In a few sentences you’ve successfully documented the authoritarianism of the right and the contempt conservatives have for the rule of law. You’ve documented how indeed conservatives care more about children before they’re born as opposed to after. You’ve demonstrated the irrational extremism of those opposed to privacy rights. And you’ve demonstrated the inconsistent, untenable position conservatives have taken with regard to privacy rights.

Well done.

No, he really hasn't. He pointed out that abortion isn't about choice after all...this thread exemplifies it. It's just about killing, and fascism, and controlling women. Proven by the pro-death cultists here who think it's okay to point a gun at a pregnant woman because she chooses to smoke.

:dig:

"
The American fascists are most easily recognized by their deliberate perversion of truth and fact.."

Lol...

If you get pregnant and want to deliver a healthy baby, you should not be smoking. That woman is a stupid cow who doesn't deserve to be a mother. I wonder if her baby was born early, and underweight?

It's her body, she can choose what to do with it.

Yes, she can. But if she wants a healthy baby, she should stop smoking.

I myself would refrain from smoking, drinking coffee, and chocolate. However, not my place to tell her Noomi, it's not my body and isn't my concern. The liberals tell me to mind my own business on a woman and her baby.

I myself would refrain from smoking, drinking coffee, and chocolate. However, not my place to tell her Noomi, it's not my body and isn't my concern. The liberals tell me to mind my own business on a woman and her baby.

I refrained from coffee and smoking, but not chocolate. Try keeping chocolate from a pregnant woman.

I refrained from coffee and smoking, but not chocolate. Try keeping chocolate from a pregnant woman.

If you want to damage or endanger your own child, that is your business, not mine.

If you want to damage or endanger your own child, that is your business, not mine.

Chocolate is perfectly fine to eat in moderation while pregnant :lol:

I get why the guy is in jail, but I also get why he did what he did. Those who smoke while pregnant need something done to them because not only are they putting their own life in danger, they are dragging the life of an innocent child into their mess too and to me, that is wrong too!

God bless you always!!!

Holly

P.S. If you are not willing to give up the cigarettes for your kids, don't have kids period then.

Let me guess. You're pro-choice?

20 days? That nutbag should be doing 20 years.

Why? He didn't shoot her. Apparently you've never lost anyone to lung cancer, or suffered from 2nd hand smoke. If I was that guy and I had a gun, I would have been tempted to draw it on her in an attempt to scare her into quitting. Don't know if I would or not but somebody needs to do something in cases like these. Long time ago I read a sign which said "I used to see things and think "somebody ought to do something" then I realized I was somebody!"

You don't know shit about me. Again it has nothing to do with lung cancer Leftytoon. You don't pull guns on people because you don't agree with them. If you had ever actually carried a gun you or hot someone you might understand that. But 'apparently' haven't. And thank God for that.

And you've never raised special needs children, or suffered from pulmonary problems due to 2nd hand smoke. I protect the kids. In my mind the kids are number one. We are all responsible for everybody's kids. Remember, "It takes a village?" LOL, earlier in this thread I was called a conservative, now I'm called "leftytoon" You guys need to get together and compare notes. No, I don't carry a gun, I don't know if I ever will, but I do think a lot and what I said was me thinking. Just like my early posts where I questioned if my parents smoking and drinker were passed down to my kids and somehow helped to cause their special needs. Lord knows I didn't drink or smoke.

Logically I know you never point a gun at someone you don't intend to kill. I know what the man did was wrong and have said so, I do not think aiming a gun at a pregnant woman is worthy of 20 years in jail. Shooting her is worth of the death penalty. He was given 20 days. His gun rights should be taken away, at least for an extended period of time but my sympathizing with him doesn't mean that I'm a leftytoon or a conservative. It means I care about the children first, last and foremost. Always have, always will.

And yes, even if it meant 20 years in jail, if I thought aiming a gun at a pregnant woman would stop her from poisoning her child, I'd do it. Again, kids first.

Fact is though, that it is an addiction and the only thing that's going to stop her is to lock her up for the duration of her pregnancy which they have done for some heroine addicts.

Chocolate is perfectly fine to eat in moderation while pregnant :lol:

Chocolate is perfectly fine to eat in moderation at all times. :D Lately I have grown passed the Hershy bars. Now when I want chocolate, I want the good stuff. Belgium chocolate is really good. More expensive so I don't have it but maybe once a year, if that.

And sometimes a good hot chocolate drink is wonderful. The local buffet (which I hate but my kid and husband love) has a cappuccino machine that serves white chocolate caramel. Heaven.

Well done.

pointing a gun is not shooting it. Understanding his frustration is not condoning his actions.

I dare anyone here to raise 2 special needs kids and not look at a woman who is poisoning her unborn child as if she is a criminal. Hell, I never smoked and I didn't drink while pregnant, even now, I maybe have one drink a week, more like one a month, I did nothing to cause my children's autism, yet here they are. Do you have any idea of the hell I've been through. My youngest, low functioning is now being taken care of by the state. Last week he had a problem and the cops were called. They threw him to the ground and hand cuffed him. He has bruises on his head and his check. He doesn't understand. I kept him for the first 24 years of his life and it's only when I threatened suicide that I got any help at all from the state. You have NO idea what that's like. I see someone poisoning their child and I think they are selfish criminals. There's already so many problems in this society to do that to your child is wrong. I would have given anything for "normal" children, but I wasn't blessed with them. To see someone poisoning her child on purpose....it's unforgivable. I will NEVER have grandchild. I will die being terrified about what will happen to my children. I will never know my youngest son's favorite color. What his favorite food is..none of the things that all mothers know about their kids. And you think it's just dandy for some woman to poison their unborn child on purpose.

I used to have sympathy for smokers, not anymore. I've lost it all. Smoking should be outlawed. Then we'd have cause for parents who poison their children and there wouldn't be people like me, suffering pulmonary problems due to 2nd hand smoke.

It's not personal for you, it's personal for me, and on many levels.

Well done.

pointing a gun is not shooting it. Understanding his frustration is not condoning his actions.

I dare anyone here to raise 2 special needs kids and not look at a woman who is poisoning her unborn child as if she is a criminal. Hell, I never smoked and I didn't drink while pregnant, even now, I maybe have one drink a week, more like one a month, I did nothing to cause my children's autism, yet here they are. Do you have any idea of the hell I've been through. My youngest, low functioning is now being taken care of by the state. Last week he had a problem and the cops were called. They threw him to the ground and hand cuffed him. He has bruises on his head and his check. He doesn't understand. I kept him for the first 24 years of his life and it's only when I threatened suicide that I got any help at all from the state. You have NO idea what that's like. I see someone poisoning their child and I think they are selfish criminals. There's already so many problems in this society to do that to your child is wrong. I would have given anything for "normal" children, but I wasn't blessed with them. To see someone poisoning her child on purpose....it's unforgivable. I will NEVER have grandchild. I will die being terrified about what will happen to my children. I will never know my youngest son's favorite color. What his favorite food is..none of the things that all mothers know about their kids. And you think it's just dandy for some woman to poison their unborn child on purpose.

I used to have sympathy for smokers, not anymore. I've lost it all. Smoking should be outlawed. Then we'd have cause for parents who poison their children and there wouldn't be people like me, suffering pulmonary problems due to 2nd hand smoke.

Smoking had nothing to do with the state of your children and yet you still condemn smokers.

The Secondhand Smoke Myth Debunked:

Smoking had nothing to do with the state of your children and yet you still condemn smokers.

The Secondhand Smoke Myth Debunked:

I don't care what you've come up with but I grew up in a household of smokers. I now have a spot on my lung which may be cancerous. I have pulmonary problems that most smokers have yet I've never smoked. No matter what "studies" you come up with you will never convince me that 2nd hand smoke doesn't cause damage. NEVER!!!

My pulmonary doctor had a hard time when I told him I never smoked. His next question was did anyone in my family smoke. Even doctors know 2nd had smoke causes problems.

Having crazy parents is detrimental to the health of children as well.

But if we removed the children from every nutso household, we'd be a nation of institutionalized children.

I'm not naming names or anything.

At the moment her body is sustaining another life. If she doesn't want that life, she can abort, if she does, she should do everything in her power to protect that life, not poison it before it's born.

Yes, she should be taking care of herself, but it is not up to someone else, in a free society, to threaten her with a gun because she doesn't. BTW, I think we've gone a little over board as far as the not smoking, not drinking thing for pregnant women. It is not as if they are treating the unborn fetus so badly it can be compared in any way to abortion. Maybe people who were born 40 or more years ago don't realize or remember, but many women before that time smoked and drank throughout their pregnancies: I don't mean alocoholic type drinking, but social drinking. My mother drank coffee and smoked throughout her pregnancies. She probably had an alcoholic drink a few times too; my parents only drank for specific occasions. It was not realized in those days the type of harm smoking and caffiene could do to the fetus, and babies were smaller, for one thing. But we all turned out pretty well, so smoking while pregnant is not in the same ballpark as abortion, though, I agree it isn't good and I wouldn't do it. But you don't threaten someone with a gun because they are doing it.

Yes many women did smoke back then and the babies had problems. My mom was 4 lbs when she was born. She still has respiratory problems.

You all didn't turn out OK.

after she refused to stop smoking. Talk about a self righteous cuntbag nicotine nazi. I'm sure the bullet would be healthier than the cigarette? I guess this is bound to happen when it is government policy to shame and disgrace people from conducting legal activities.

Armed man gets 20 days for threatening pregnant smoker | Crime | The Bellingham Herald

Seems to me that the problem is that someone with that kind of mental problem ever had access to a gun in the first place. And he should have been charged with assault with a deadly, which carries considerable more time than 20 days.

As far as shaming and disgracing people from engaging in a legal activity, smoking is one of the primary causes of illness and death in this nation. It may be legal, but it is damned stupid, and expecially stupid when you are also exposing an unborn child to the effects of nicotine.

Forum List

Back