Manafort guilty.

Manafort should have used the lawyer the illiterate Al Sharpton used to have the 67 charges of tax fraud dropped. :p

And the illiterate Al Sharpton committed tax fraud again and apparently owes $4.5 million. WTF does he do to make money besides that idiotic fake news MSNBC broadcast? Illiterate Al and Jesse "I Have A Scheme" Jackson should have a school setup on how to extort money and profit in the USA from lying about racism. Whitey needs to get on this action! :p

Its certainly an indictment of Trump's judgment. As we just got to see what Trump's assessment of the 'Best People' actually means.

But then this was the same person who thought that hiring Omarosa for a high level cabinet position was a good idea. So his judgment is already woefully inept.

When you dislike someone, you'll always look for their flaws and ignore their successes. That speaks to the objectivity of the one making the argument against his character.

Interesting though, he has/had hired thousands of people in the government and his campaign. Instead we're focusing on two people. Manafort, and Omarosa. Nobody, and I mean nobody, is a perfect judge of character. No, not even Trump.

But hey, we're all too happy to look in Trump's direction when people who claimed to be loyal to him suddenly betray his good faith in them.

You're conflating the thousands of people his campaign or his administration may have hired with the people that Trump picked *personally*.

His campaign chair, his personal lawyer, his deputy campaign chair, his hand picked national security adviser......all facing charges, criminal investigations or guilty pleas.

These are the people that Trump decided were the 'best people'. Folks that he surrounded himself with. And they were criminals. Embezzlers. Tax cheats. Liars to investigators.

They are the product of Trump's judgment. And they demonstrate how incompetent the man is.

When the stupidity of giving Omarosa a high level cabinet position is the frosting on the multi-layer 'Incompetence Cake', you know you're fucking up.
And? If all you can do is call the man incompetent...it seems to me you have very little to attack on the policy front. All you can seem to do is attack his character and not his decisions on things that really affect us as a nation. The fact is, I don't really care about his competence. Only you do. I can only assume that is because of an inane fear you have of him. Or of some sort of empty hatred. I don't know, and again, I don't care.

Also, who hasn't been kindhearted enough to give someone a second chance? There are people who can look you straight in the eyes and lie to you. They can make those lies so convincing that they are believable on their face. There are people who can do good things in bad faith.

But some people, such as yourself, can mistake kindness for incompetence.

What, were you expecting the man to be a prodigious clairvoyant? Look I'm more concerned about what happened to Mollie Tibbetts than I am about this.

I'll be exiting this thread now. Believe what you like. But presuming upon someone's character like this is intellectually dishonest.

Oh, I can do far more than claim the man is incompetent. And have in many, many other threads.

But Trump's wild incompetence in picking the 'best people' is the most relevant to this thread. Convicted felon Manafort is an example of Trump's garbage judgment. As is Omarosa. As is Gates. As is Papodopolous. As is Flynn. As is Cohen....

Cohen.....who just plead guilty to his own 8 felony charges about an hour ago.

Trumps incompetence at choosing the 'best people' is simply astonishing.

Ah, so calling him incompetent is your only weapon.

Nope. Demonstrating his incompetence with by showing again (Manafort)

...and again (Flynn)

....and again (Cohen)

.....and again (Gates)

....and again (Papodopolous)

..... the criminals, liars, tax cheats, and fraudsters that Trump surrounds himself with.....is just one of my weapons.

And the one most relevant to this thread. These aren't people who were hired by the bureaucracy of his campaign, administration or businesses. These people were hand picked by Trump personally.

And demonstrations of the fetid garbage fire that is Trump's judgment.

Robert S. Mueller III is appointed to serve as Special Counsel for the United States Department of Justice.

The Special Counsel is authorized to conduct the investigation confirmed by then-FBI Director James 8. Corney in testimony before the House Permanent Select Committee on Intelligence on March 20, 2017, including:
(i) any links and/or coordination bet ween the Russian government and individuals associated with the campaign of President Donald Trump; and
(ii) any matters that arose or may arise directly from the investigation; and
(iii) any other matters within the scope of 28 C.F.R. § 600.4(a).
If the Special Counsel believes it is necessary and appropriate, the Special Counsel is authorized to prosecute federal crimes arising from the investigation of these matters.​
Sections 600.4 through 600. l 0 of Title 28 of the Code of Federal Regulations are applicable to the Special Counsel.

https://www.justice.gov/opa/press-release/file/967231/download
Ok, I get all that, so this still has nothing to do with Trump.....

This thread has to do with Paul Manafort being convicted on 8 felony counts.
but Trump is totally innocent -- this has to be made clear on every post about any campaign officials getting felony convictions

There are just so many campaign officials that have been convicted of felonies. That must be a lot of 'making clear' you have to do.
It's in my contract, be right back -- I see another Cohen post --- up up and away!!!!!!!!!!

Superman_lg.250w.tn_.jpg

Okay, that was funny!

Not a single count has anything to do with Trump.
When Trump goes down, I feel his minion supporters should be rounded up like Nazi's after WWII

How very tolerant of you.
There is a cancer on the country. We must remove the entire cancer to save the country.
Yup..and that cancer has a name..political factionalism..on both sides. The tails are wagging the dogs in this country, to the detriment of our nation. You speak of rounding up American citizens because they don't believe what you believe..that makes you contemptible. It also shows you have no faith at all in our system.

Extremists on the left and on the right...are equally corrosive to our political process. I urge people to use their brains instead of knee-jerking to whatever tribal drums are beating.
I agree with you.
What I say is tongue in cheek. It is how the Trump extremists would react if the situation was reversed. I like to yank their chain.
I agree that the real problem is extremism on both sides. The extremists on both sides are more alike than different.

When Trump goes down, I feel his minion supporters should be rounded up like Nazi's after WWII

There is a cancer on the country. We must remove the entire cancer to save the country.
sorry but you are never going to get rid of everyone who disagrees with you.

Good luck. You'll need it.
Luck will not play into it. The majority of Americans have been energized by an immoral, unethical, egocentric President and his followers.
His Presidency will go down as a success in that he was liked the Pied Piper of all that is bad in the US. He brought the rats out of their holes where they were exposed.
This will clean up our society.

Thank you for being the first one to admit that we who elected Trump are a "majority."

C'mon people....you're smarter than this.

This trial and the whole Mueller isn't about Manafort or Trump.....

It's ALL about the left's intolerance of ANY opposition. It's fascism plain & simple.

They aren't just after Manafort & Trump, they're out to stamp out any and ALL that isn't to their agendas. Tolerance won't be tolerated.
This is all about their way or nothing. This is WAY more than the superficial that's being discussed here.

C'mon people.....

None of the counts had anything to do with the original intent of the investigation.

The original intent was to investigate suspicious behaviors. And it keeps finding criminal conduct behind those suspicious behaviors.

So how much "criminal content" and "suspicious behavior" has Mueller found against Trump? It's been over two years now.

No, it hasn't, idiot.
Mueller started his investigation in May 2017, after Trump STUPIDLY fired Comey.

We saw evidence of Russia Trump collusion months and months ago....with the release of Don Jr.'s emails where he was setting up a meeting to get 'high level sources' as a part of the Russian government's effort to aid Trump's campaign.

With Trump lying about the purpose of that meeting, compelling others to lie about the purpose of that meeting, and trying to end the investigation looking into the meeting.

With Trump's own former lawyer admitting that Trump was well aware of the meeting...which occured at Trump Tower.

What information did Don Jr. receive?

Two counts on the foreign bank accounts. One of the bank fraud counts. Mistrial on the rest of the counts. This is 8 more convictions produced by the Mueller investigation, on top of the already existing guilty pleas. But, you know, it's all a witch hunt.
which of these either found guilty of or not had anything to do with russia? the witch hunt as far as i know is in connection with RUSSIA hysteria, not crimes done pre-election.

None of the counts had anything to do with the original intent of the investigation. The left has won nothing, except that a tax fraud is now behind bars.

Donald trump is still sitting in the White House, undoing everything the left has worked so hard for the last few decades. Just today, he announced that he's going to reverse all of Obama's coal-emissions restrictions.

Even though Mueller got his little conviction, the left is no closer to unseating President Trump than they were the day he was sworn in. And with the great success he's had at bringing back the economy and returning this country to the greatness it deserves, people are going to remember that when they go to the polls in November and in 2020.

We can look forward to another four years of this great President, as well as a likely Presidential pardon for Manafort.

You don't understand Mueller's process.
He has approached this investigation much like he had done with organized crime prosecutions in the past.
He starts with the outer rings of people associated with the target and squeezes them to get to the center.
Because the mob boss/capo/don has people 1-2 degrees from him do his dirty work, put illegal money and documents, and buildings, and property int THEIR names, not his.
But it all leads back to the guy running the show.
And that's YOUR criminal POTUS that you want re-elected, ya dumbass.

Donald Trump isn’t a mob boss, so good luck with that

Pardons all around. Then, onto investigating Obama and Clinton.

And our resident conservatives demonstrate their disdain for 'law and order'.....by calling for the freeing convicted criminals for serious crimes they actually committed.

Is there anything that republicans *actually* stand for at this point? They've already wiped their ass with 'family values', 'free trade', 'fiscal responsibility', and 'government transparency'. Is there anything left for this empty shell of a party?

We saw evidence of Russia Trump collusion months and months ago....with the release of Don Jr.'s emails where he was setting up a meeting to get 'high level sources' as a part of the Russian government's effort to aid Trump's campaign.

With Trump lying about the purpose of that meeting, compelling others to lie about the purpose of that meeting, and trying to end the investigation looking into the meeting.

With Trump's own former lawyer admitting that Trump was well aware of the meeting...which occured at Trump Tower.

What information did Don Jr. receive?

He won't say. He's lied about it repeatedly.
The whole family is nothing but a bunch of grifting liars.

Two counts on the foreign bank accounts. One of the bank fraud counts. Mistrial on the rest of the counts. This is 8 more convictions produced by the Mueller investigation, on top of the already existing guilty pleas. But, you know, it's all a witch hunt.
which of these either found guilty of or not had anything to do with russia? the witch hunt as far as i know is in connection with RUSSIA hysteria, not crimes done pre-election.

None of the counts had anything to do with the original intent of the investigation. The left has won nothing, except that a tax fraud is now behind bars.

Donald trump is still sitting in the White House, undoing everything the left has worked so hard for the last few decades. Just today, he announced that he's going to reverse all of Obama's coal-emissions restrictions.

Even though Mueller got his little conviction, the left is no closer to unseating President Trump than they were the day he was sworn in. And with the great success he's had at bringing back the economy and returning this country to the greatness it deserves, people are going to remember that when they go to the polls in November and in 2020.

We can look forward to another four years of this great President, as well as a likely Presidential pardon for Manafort.

He has approached this investigation much like he had done with organized crime prosecutions in the past.
He starts with the outer rings of people associated with the target and squeezes them to get to the center.
Because the mob boss/capo/don has people 1-2 degrees from him do his dirty work, put illegal money and documents, and buildings, and property int THEIR names, not his.

Are we talking about the same Robert Mueller? The same guy who let four innocent men rot or die in prison to protect a mafia source?

The REAL Robert Mueller: Docs show he let four innocent men rot or die in prison to protect a mafia source - Dave Hodges - The Common Sense Show

I agree with you.
What I say is tongue in cheek. It is how the Trump extremists would react if the situation was reversed. I like to yank their chain.
I agree that the real problem is extremism on both sides. The extremists on both sides are more alike than different.

So you really just like yanking on your chain and playing both sides of the fence.

Five counts of tax fraud. More coming in.

You forgot to mention not guilty on other counts. Biaically Mewler has spent all this tax payer money to stuff a dude in solitary for a tax fraud beef. Mewler has been embarrassed. He failed. How did he fail? Zero Russia, Zero anything having to do with Trump and for what? By the time Manifort go’s to his second trial, he will surely be convicted yet he will get no jail time. Yup, libtards shall gnash their teeth. So funny.
You have some serious reading comprehension issues..he was not found 'not guilty' on even 1 charge..it was a mistrial..and can be tried again.

Manafort found guilty of 8 counts; mistrial declared on 10 others

"Former Trump campaign chairman Paul Manafort has been found guilty of eight financial crime charges in the first trial victory for special counsel Robert Mueller's team.
A judge declared a mistrial on 10 other counts after jurors failed to reach a unanimous verdict.
The jury deliberated for four days before announcing the verdict at the federal courthouse in Alexandria, Virginia.
Prosecutors spent more than two weeks presenting their case as they sought to prove Manafort concealed millions of dollars in offshore accounts from the IRS"

Maybe if you stopped drinking before noon and stoped listening to Larry Onyou would have a clue . You don’t. He will be sentenced (most likely) on 8 out of the 18. Of those 8 Paul Manifort has had every tool Mewler had at his disposal thrown at him and what did we find? We found that Manifort lies on tax returns and loan applications. He will ride it out surving little if any jail time. Mewler was not able to link Trump to Russia which is what you lemmings have been promising us Mewler would do. So what happens? Manifort go’s to trial again, gets found guilty, pays a fine, writes a book and makes even more money. Y’all are just to stupid.
Who's Larry Onyou??? Anyway....Manafort is facing 80 years...so if the judge goes light..maybe 10---15 years? This trial was NEVER about collusion or linking Trump to Russia--which, btw, any 10 year old could do with the available evidence..most of it statements by Trump and his staff. Perhaps he gets a pardon...which every law-abiding American should be sick about..a criminal walking away---but the hard-core Trumpkins will just shout "What about Hillary"..and move on.

There was a bit more going on than lying..if you even care about the facts of this case...bank fraud...the hiding of millions of assets garnered from the Ukraine and Russia.
I wonder..if you asked Manafort right now..in his cell..if he feels he won a victory here..what do you think his answer would be?

Most likely that jail sucks, but in about three months he will be thinking “man, that sucked. Stop trying to move the goal post. This was supposed to be the trial that linked Trump to Putin. You and every other libtard have been promising us this. On top of that, over half of what was supposed to be “ mad dog” Mewlers slam dunk case got tossed, or likely will. Hung jury is still not “guilty”. Now, judging how monied folk don’t go to prison, Manifort will get sentanced and go on to his next trial where he will likely be found guilty on more counts, yet still no Russia. When he gets sentanced on his next case his swntqnce will likely be run concurrent to whatever Judge Ellis does. In the end all you rwtards got was false tax returns, and lying on a loan application. That’s it. But you stupid chimps will jump all over like you just discovered fire or something. Let’s also not forget Mewlers other huge conviction in all this, a whopping 30 days which were never served. Mmm. Yup exciting.

Donald Trump isn’t a mob boss, so good luck with that

With his repeated attacks on the Mueller investigation, his lies about meetings between his campaign and Russian operatives, and his assertion that he can pardon himself for any crime he commits...

....he's certainly not acting like an innocent man. But a very, very guilty one.

Five counts of tax fraud. More coming in.

You forgot to mention not guilty on other counts. Biaically Mewler has spent all this tax payer money to stuff a dude in solitary for a tax fraud beef. Mewler has been embarrassed. He failed. How did he fail? Zero Russia, Zero anything having to do with Trump and for what? By the time Manifort go’s to his second trial, he will surely be convicted yet he will get no jail time. Yup, libtards shall gnash their teeth. So funny.
You have some serious reading comprehension issues..he was not found 'not guilty' on even 1 charge..it was a mistrial..and can be tried again.

Manafort found guilty of 8 counts; mistrial declared on 10 others

"Former Trump campaign chairman Paul Manafort has been found guilty of eight financial crime charges in the first trial victory for special counsel Robert Mueller's team.
A judge declared a mistrial on 10 other counts after jurors failed to reach a unanimous verdict.
The jury deliberated for four days before announcing the verdict at the federal courthouse in Alexandria, Virginia.
Prosecutors spent more than two weeks presenting their case as they sought to prove Manafort concealed millions of dollars in offshore accounts from the IRS"

Maybe if you stopped drinking before noon and stoped listening to Larry Onyou would have a clue . You don’t. He will be sentenced (most likely) on 8 out of the 18. Of those 8 Paul Manifort has had every tool Mewler had at his disposal thrown at him and what did we find? We found that Manifort lies on tax returns and loan applications. He will ride it out surving little if any jail time. Mewler was not able to link Trump to Russia which is what you lemmings have been promising us Mewler would do. So what happens? Manifort go’s to trial again, gets found guilty, pays a fine, writes a book and makes even more money. Y’all are just to stupid.
Who's Larry Onyou??? Anyway....Manafort is facing 80 years...so if the judge goes light..maybe 10---15 years? This trial was NEVER about collusion or linking Trump to Russia--which, btw, any 10 year old could do with the available evidence..most of it statements by Trump and his staff. Perhaps he gets a pardon...which every law-abiding American should be sick about..a criminal walking away---but the hard-core Trumpkins will just shout "What about Hillary"..and move on.

There was a bit more going on than lying..if you even care about the facts of this case...bank fraud...the hiding of millions of assets garnered from the Ukraine and Russia.
I wonder..if you asked Manafort right now..in his cell..if he feels he won a victory here..what do you think his answer would be?

Well, what about Hillary?

Betwixt her and her legal counsel.

Forum List

Back