🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Mass killings

Right now we live in a nightmarish society..........

That stupid statement right there renders the rest of your post moot.

You live in the greatest society ever. A mere 3900 hundred years ago there was no electricity. IO want people to sit and ponder for a moment a world with no electricity. No lights at night, living in darkness, no coolers, no grocery stores with refrigerators, no electronic device at all, no communications, no modern medical devices, Just gibe it some thought.

And that just the technical side. Then there is the social side. Living under Kings, no rights, no travel.........

The OP says, "Right now we live in a nightmarish society". What a pathetic punkass bitch. Just shut the fuck up and get a job you loser.

So the armed civilians do everything they can to make it easy for mass killers to get guns, then walk away when there is a killing. Classy.

And you're another fucking idiot.

The question at hand is: Why does a person want to kill another person. THAT is the problem. The tool of choice is neither here nor there. Moron.

You are as idiot and stupid like your cult leader Trump. Are you saying that these massacres are acceptable? Are you saying that these massacres should go on?

I listened to him bullshit this morning blaming mental illness and video violence. What a pile of cow dung. But he signed a bill allowing mentally retard people can buy guns. Against Obama’s policy. See link.

Trump and people like you are part of the problems. Totally totally hypocrite.

Trump signs bill revoking Obama-era gun checks for mental illness

Trump Signs Bill Revoking Obama-Era Gun Checks for People With Mental Illnesses
The new law nullifies an Obama-backed rule that added people with mental illnesses to the national background check database.
President Donald Trump quietly signed a bill into law Tuesday rolling back an Obama-era regulation that made it harder for people with mental illnesses to purchase a gun.

The rule, which was finalized in December, added people receiving Social Security checks for mental illnesses and people deemed unfit to handle their own financial affairs to the national background check database.
^^^^

Classic example of intolerance and someone who is likely to commit a mass shooting.

Again, did this shooter NOT get treatment because he had no means to pay for it?

Did he need it? Do muslim terrorists need it as well?
I can't say.

All I can say is that banning a certain class of weapons will not change anything.

Sure it will. It will change the tactics and effectiveness of these type of attacks.
Really? How so?

A firearm is a firearm. They all shoot the same speed.

Quit lying to yourself.

Then there's no reason to make military spec weaponry available to the public. I mean if they're all the same, you won't miss them.
Umm. Mil-Spec is ALREADY NOT AVAILABLE.

See, you don't know what the fuck you are talking about. It's pointless talking to you.

Again, did this shooter NOT get treatment because he had no means to pay for it?

I can't say.

All I can say is that banning a certain class of weapons will not change anything.

Sure it will. It will change the tactics and effectiveness of these type of attacks.
Really? How so?

Quit lying to yourself.

Then there's no reason to make military spec weaponry available to the public. I mean if they're all the same, you won't miss them.
What weapons that are military spec are in the hands of the civilian population?

I can't say.

Really? How so?

Quit lying to yourself.

What weapons that are military spec are in the hands of the civilian population?
We have touched on the real problem.

These people are not educated.

Oklahoma City was pretty effective.

As well as a one off.

You argued for changing tactics.

And? How did you then make the jump to OKC?

Your statements. You said banning certain weapons would change tactics (I'm asking if that is a positive thing) and said it would be less effective (I showed where it wouldn't).

Then I said OKC was a one off. It certainly hasn't been repeated. Has it? Not to mention, there's nothing stopping anyone from doing it at anytime. Oh, wait there is. We banned the sale of large quantities of fertilizer to the general public.

You can consider it all day.
And he would be right, because I have had the same training. 21 feet is the closing distance outside of which I can draw and fire.

I didn't say he was wrong. I said he can consider it all day.
So, then, what was your point?

The 21 feet rule is for people who might run at you. Gun or no gun.

So, no. It's not because more people have guns.

:dunno:

I never argued it was. You can arm yourself for all I care.
My mistake. I thought you were the one who said this:

"The only reason you feel the need to be armed is because there's so many guns out there."

It was another poster.

Fair enough. No problem. I've done it myself.

With that being said. What do you believe would be helpful?
For starters stop focusing so much on the type of gun used and focus on why so many late teens to early 20s people feel the need to do this. The gun control part is important but it’s only a part we need to realize this is a complex problem with no simple ten second soundbite solutions.

The type is absolutely relevant. It seems to be the "tool" of choice. Why is that? Because that is what it's designed for.

These "kids" do it because the equipment needed is readily available. It's not just kids. The Vegas shooter was no kid. No doubt why his attack was more devastating.
So you think if you just ban semi automatic rifles that will stop it? It’s that type of oversimplified thinking that solves nothing and is a great example of that ten second soundbite thinking. We have had guns in the country for a long time and they could be purchased more easily back in the 60s and 70s than they can today now granted those back then could not do the damage the ones today can even so mass shootings were rare and school shootings unheard of. So clearly something has changed between then and now and until that is addressed nothing is going to be solved.
So you think if you just ban semi automatic rifles that will stop it?
Derp...
It will certainly stop attacks with semi automatic rifles of the type banned. The type most effective and chosen by the shooters.
This tells me that you have no idea what the fuck you are talking about.

The AR platform is one of MANY. You've just found your boogyman from your masters and their list of talking points, and you're running with it.

Where did I mention the AR platform in what you responded to? I said "of the type banned".

As well as a one off.

Your statements. You said banning certain weapons would change tactics (I'm asking if that is a positive thing) and said it would be less effective (I showed where it wouldn't).

Then I said OKC was a one off. It certainly hasn't been repeated. Has it? Not to mention, there's nothing stopping anyone from doing it at anytime. Oh, wait there is. We banned the sale of large quantities of fertilizer to the general public.
:laugh:

No we didn't ban anything of significance. I could hit the local box stores and have a pretty powerful IED in less than 24 hours.

You're not informed. Stop.

I can't say.

Really? How so?

Quit lying to yourself.

There is one reason. The 2nd Amendment. Argue you believe it outdated but until you change it, it is what it is.

It is no coincidence that virtually all these killings have been carried out with the same, poser military-type person and weapon. The psychological profile is crystal clear. There is no need for AR 15s. As every trigger happy bozo is quick to point out, they fire the same ammunition as many other rifles, so what is so special about them? They look like an M16, of course, because they essentially are. So, if you want to look all prep and fierce, a wooden stock just won't do. Gotta have that bad ass military look.
Of course it is tied to mental problems, but in the meantime it is only realistic to admit the connection between this particular firearm and the sickness.
And when that AR15 is gone, we will have no more mass shootings, right?

Maybe yes maybe no...... but it’s a start. If these massacres doesn’t stop. People are fed up .......... people with decent reasoning, people will do it for you.

Walmart is now suggesting that No more guns sales at their stores.
Or all these pussy Republicans will be voted out of the office.

Something has to be done.

For starters stop focusing so much on the type of gun used and focus on why so many late teens to early 20s people feel the need to do this. The gun control part is important but it’s only a part we need to realize this is a complex problem with no simple ten second soundbite solutions.

The type is absolutely relevant. It seems to be the "tool" of choice. Why is that? Because that is what it's designed for.

These "kids" do it because the equipment needed is readily available. It's not just kids. The Vegas shooter was no kid. No doubt why his attack was more devastating.
So you think if you just ban semi automatic rifles that will stop it? It’s that type of oversimplified thinking that solves nothing and is a great example of that ten second soundbite thinking. We have had guns in the country for a long time and they could be purchased more easily back in the 60s and 70s than they can today now granted those back then could not do the damage the ones today can even so mass shootings were rare and school shootings unheard of. So clearly something has changed between then and now and until that is addressed nothing is going to be solved.
So you think if you just ban semi automatic rifles that will stop it?
Derp...
It will certainly stop attacks with semi automatic rifles of the type banned. The type most effective and chosen by the shooters.
This tells me that you have no idea what the fuck you are talking about.

The AR platform is one of MANY. You've just found your boogyman from your masters and their list of talking points, and you're running with it.

Where did I mention the AR platform in what you responded to? I said "of the type banned".
And only the type banned. The problem is that to actually be effective, you have to ban all other types.

Which is why we believe that your real objective is complete ban and confiscation. It is the only logical conclusion.

As well as a one off.

No. It is not difficult to get enough fertilizer. We did that to feel safe.

It is no coincidence that virtually all these killings have been carried out with the same, poser military-type person and weapon. The psychological profile is crystal clear. There is no need for AR 15s. As every trigger happy bozo is quick to point out, they fire the same ammunition as many other rifles, so what is so special about them? They look like an M16, of course, because they essentially are. So, if you want to look all prep and fierce, a wooden stock just won't do. Gotta have that bad ass military look.
Of course it is tied to mental problems, but in the meantime it is only realistic to admit the connection between this particular firearm and the sickness.
And when that AR15 is gone, we will have no more mass shootings, right?

Maybe yes maybe no...... but it’s a start. If these massacres doesn’t stop. People are fed up .......... people with decent reasoning, people will do it for you.

Walmart is now suggesting that No more guns sales at their stores.
Or all these pussy Republicans will be voted out of the office.

Something has to be done.

People will get fed up. Absolutely they will. I'd think people would prefer better mental health coverage than to finally get people fed up.

That is some backwards assed logic there.

What you call PC, I call civility. It's being respectful of others feelings about their beliefs and ideas. Calling people wetbacks, fags, thugs, etc....especially for the purpose of illiciting a response is not a belief or an idea. It's malignant behavior. Uncivil behavior.
You see, that is where you are exactly backward.

You see, if someone says, "That wetback...".

What is more tolerant. Telling them they cannot use that language, or just pointing out that they're comment is wrong and hurtful, yet not hating the person and just moving on with the conversation?

Tolerant means you disagree with the person's words, actions, or beliefs. It does not mean you shut them down for using language or words you disagree with.

No one should be tolerant of uncivil behavior.
It's repugnant and offensive. Especially when done deliberately. It's the very definition of incivility.

in·ci·vil·i·ty
/ˌinsəˈvilədē/
Learn to pronounce
noun
  1. rude or unsociable speech or behavior.
    "absenteeism and incivility were not tolerated"
    synonyms: rudeness, discourtesy, discourteousness, impoliteness, lack of politeness; More
    • an impolite or offensive comment.
      plural noun: incivilities
Earlier you were suggesting tha we teach our children how that type of behavior should be acceptable.
I teach them the opposite. It's never acceptable behavior. It's uncouth behavior. Maludjusted behavior.
Shall I put you down on the FBI list of possible mass shooters then?

Why would you do that?
That is what the Democrats are saying to do, isn't it?

If we see red flags on social media, we should report it so that people don't go on killing sprees. Being intolerant is a red flag.

If we see red flags on social media, we should report it so that people don't go on killing sprees. Being intolerant is a red flag.

WTF are you talking about? No.

You should call the FBI because I called you out for advocating being rude?

That's just dopey logic.

You see, that is where you are exactly backward.

You see, if someone says, "That wetback...".

What is more tolerant. Telling them they cannot use that language, or just pointing out that they're comment is wrong and hurtful, yet not hating the person and just moving on with the conversation?

Tolerant means you disagree with the person's words, actions, or beliefs. It does not mean you shut them down for using language or words you disagree with.

It's repugnant and offensive. Especially when done deliberately. It's the very definition of incivility.

in·ci·vil·i·ty
/ˌinsəˈvilədē/
Learn to pronounce
noun
    synonyms: rudeness, discourtesy, discourteousness, impoliteness, lack of politeness; More
Earlier you were suggesting tha we teach our children how that type of behavior should be acceptable.
I teach them the opposite. It's never acceptable behavior. It's uncouth behavior. Maludjusted behavior.
Shall I put you down on the FBI list of possible mass shooters then?

Why would you do that?

WTF are you talking about? No.

You should call the FBI because I called you out for advocating being rude?

That's just dopey logic.
I'm beginning to think you don't understand what the word "tolerance" means.

in·ci·vil·i·ty
/ˌinsəˈvilədē/
Learn to pronounce
noun
And, an armed society makes a polite society.

Obviously not.

The only reason you feel the need to be armed is because there's so many guns out there.
Obviously not? Wow, really?

It is the very bottom line of why these shootings happen. The person who flips out does so because they have an agenda against people they simply cannot tolerate.

I rarely go about armed, though I have a CC permit. When I do go armed, I have specific reasons and they have little to do with people. Well, with most people.

Maybe you should learn that yours is not the only opinion in the world. You should learn that people can and do disagree with you. Mostly, you should learn that you don't have to actually do anything other than making an argument for your opinion and then let it go. You'll live longer and the world will be a little bit safer.

Yes obviously not. We live in an armed society and you are advocating expressly for people to be impolite.
Incorrect. I am arguing for the exact opposite.

If you find someone whom you disagree with, you have two choices. You can tolerate what they say (Which means you disagree with them but won't kill them for it) or you can be intolerant.

My choice is a peaceful one. You choice, not so much.

LOL... so now "intolerant" to you means wanting to kill someone?

Another derranged lunatic.

EBISPk_XkAA44QV.jpg

TRUMP ENCOURAGED THE VERY BEHAVIOR HE CONDEMNED

Donald Trump’s Speech After Mass Shootings Was Empty And Disingenuous

Trump encourages and incites violent extremist domestic terrorists - then he tries to deny it.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back