Massive Twister Hitting OKC

tumblr_m0u2zqyX381r4sy9x.jpg

inhofe-leadin-winter2006-we.gif

Hopefully this will be a wakeup call for OK.

Not much question these sorts of things are the Wrath of God.
Pat Robinson, Swaggart et al are real clear how that works.

Last edited:
They have just confirmed children in both schools. Messages sent to parents prior to tornado stating schools would keep children due to the situation.

Damn.

Reporter in tears as they are trying to pull third graders from the crushed building of one school. He was so upset they had to ask him to calm down so they could understand his report.

Last edited:
They are pulling 3rd graders out of the Plaza Towers Elem. School right now according to the local news there.

CaféAuLait;7262311 said:
They have just confirmed children in both schools. Messages sent to parents prior to tornado stating schools would keep children due to the situation.

Damn.

Wow! Here in Midwest City, I got a call from the school and was informed that I could pick up my kids before 1pm due to the weather... 1st time that's ever happened.

Hey all...Im new here. Just cant believe the destruction of this tornado. I have a good friend who lives in Chekotah, OK....about 100 miles due east of OK City.

Unbelievable how wide and how slow that tornado was.

CaféAuLait;7262311 said:

Damn.

Wow! Here in Midwest City, I got a call from the school and was informed that I could pick up my kids before 1pm due to the weather... 1st time that's ever happened.

When I lived in Kansas they always kept the kids too. My sons school was actually built like a bunker in the side of a hill, the rest of the schools in that area were not. So if he had been in one of those I probably would have picked him up. But if he was in the bunker school I would have let him stay.

Hopefully you all remain safe.

CaféAuLait;7262321 said:
They are pulling 3rd graders out of the Plaza Towers Elem. School right now according to the local news there.

Did you hear the male reporter when he was reporting on it, he was in tears and obviously overwhelmed.

I did, heart wrenching. I just can't imagine being a parent with kids in those schools right now.

CaféAuLait;7262321 said:

Did you hear the male reporter when he was reporting on it, he was in tears and obviously overwhelmed.

I did, heart wrenching. I just can't imagine being a parent with kids in those schools right now.

My gosh...what a nightmare for a parent. You have to leave your kid there at that point and hope that the school is taking the proper precautions. I would be going nuts as a parent. Single parent of 3 daughters here.

I've been glued to the tv set. Two schools were destroyed--one Briarcrest Elementary and another with the name "Towers" in it, pretty bad. A lot of children were in sheltered areas of the school, some may not have been safe. I hope that's not the case, no communications, no way to get ambulances in some places in Moore's neighborhoods. Some areas have no towers for communications, so people are helping neighbors when they can, if there's anything left of the homes whatever. Some areas a 2 mile swath of populated neighborhoods are destroyed. Mile wide in most places. Red car on top of one of the schools, they're trying to locate children in one of the schools now. A lot of stuff is torn up, gone, or on fire. They've interviewed 2 men who are crying.

Watching footage of a school - completely wrecked.

Damn Republicans had better not refuse aid again. Or hold the elderly and young children hostage to give up FOOD so Okalhoma can get help.

I just hate it! Everytime they get hit there it scares me to death, I have family in OK City and in Edmond. I always grit my teeth until I hear from them .
My prayers for your family, depotoo. There are storms all over the place. But the storm is missing more homes than it's hitting, even with some areas redded out to the red dirt. Had family in Edmond 15 or 20 years ago... they survived a terrible storm, no damage to their home, 3 houses over, gone. It's the nature of the beast.

They are showing a whole bunch of neighborhoods completely gone, just a few little sticks left and nothing but the cement foundation.
This a awful.
I hope and pray that everyone is alright.
I have a whole bunch of family in Tulsa and Oklahoma City.

Forum List

Back