McConnell rejects Dem proposal for impeachment trial, calls it a 'fishing expedition'

Terri4Trump

Gold Member
Jun 22, 2019
California
McConnell rejects Dem proposal for impeachment trial, calls it a 'fishing expedition'
Senator Mitch McConnell speaks on the House floor ahead of impeachment hearings and votes.

ME: Mitch is learning. Never give an inch the the Democrat Devils

I loved it when the turtle said schumer wants to volunteer the senates time and efforts to redo the sloppy & rushed work of the house :)

Senator Mitch McConnell speaks on the House floor ahead of impeachment hearings and votes.

Mitch is coordinating with the Trump people and questions the need for any witnesses. Hell, why doesn't he just assemble the Senate call for the vote. Save a lot time and money. It would not be a fair trial anyway. The jury has already decided. In fact, it was decided before the day the House Judiciary Committee met to consider impeachment. Like Trump said, he could shoot someone on 5th Ave and noting would be done because he's president and immune from laws including the constitution. Don't believe it, just ask him.

Mitch is coordinating with the Trump people and questions the need for any witnesses. Hell, why doesn't he just assemble the Senate call for the vote. Save a lot time and money. It would not be a fair trial anyway. The jury has already decided. In fact, it was decided before the day the House Judiciary Committee met to consider impeachment. Like Trump said, he could shoot someone on 5th Ave and noting would be done because he's president and immune from laws including the constitution. Don't believe it, just ask him.

Article-2 is DOA, the USSC killed it when they took the Trump vs House subpoena case for Trump's tax records. Trump does in-fact have the right to appeal House subpoenas to court, and that is not "Obstruction of Congress". There is no such thing as "Obstruction of Congress". Article-1 is bullshit too.

Nancy is clinging to about 218 House members to vote for impeachment. If 3 more vote "NO" on impeachment it fails. So the writing is on the wall, the impeachment sham is a partisan ploy to damage Trump before the 2020 election, nothing more. The fantastic thing about Trump, is just like the "road runner", no matter how sinister the plot by the dems, it always backfires on them.

Last edited:

Article-2 is DOA, the USSC killed it when they took the Trump vs House subpoena case for Trump's tax records. Trump does in-fact have the right to appeal House subpoenas to court, and that is not "Obstruction of the House". There is no such thing as "Obstruction of the House". Article-1 is bullshit too.

Nancy is clinging to about 218 House members to vote for impeachment. If 3 more vote "NO" on impeachment it fails. So the writing is on the wall, the impeachment sham is a partisan ploy to damage Trump before the 2020 election, nothing more. The fantastic thing about Trump, is just like the "road runner", no matter how sinister the plot by the dems, it always backfires on them.

Yup. Every shit show they have tried has failed.

They are still batting a big fat 0.

What a pack of imbeciles.

Mitch McConnell is a pure partisan

So. After repeatedly saying that he would participate in the senate trial it seems Trump lied about that too.

• Banned

Pelosi sounded just like Hitler today during the vote.

Article-2 is DOA, the USSC killed it when they took the Trump vs House subpoena case for Trump's tax records. Trump does in-fact have the right to appeal House subpoenas to court, and that is not "Obstruction of Congress". There is no such thing as "Obstruction of Congress". Article-1 is bullshit too.

Not so.
Article 1
230 votes Yes
197 votes No.

Article 2
229 votes Yes
198 votes No.

How each member of the House of Representatives voted on impeachment

When this gets to the senate there will be due process for Trump. He will call witnesses and Schiff will have to explain his relationship with Caremillo (aka: the whistleblower) and what his actions and help was to create the complaint and why he sent him to an attorney who is anti-trump and a Coup D'eTat worshiper. This will then implode on the democrats..

When this gets to the senate there will be due process for Trump. He will call witnesses and Schiff will have to explain his relationship with Caremillo (aka: the whistleblower) and what his actions and help was to create the complaint and why he sent him to an attorney who is anti-trump and a Coup D'eTat worshiper. This will then implode on the democrats..

I still don't know if a trial is the best option over a dismissal of charges

2020 fixes all of this with a Trump return to office and Republicans winning back the House.

I still don't know if a trial is the best option over a dismissal of charges

If Trump's witnesses are grilled and exposed, and Nancy's (4) claim "executive privilege", that would be a good outcome, especially if it drags the trial on and the senators can't campaign. That would serve the democrats right for their sham impeachment.

I’m trusting Mitch will maneuver the proceedings in whatever manner will eventually make the dims come off looking the worst after their three years of continuous lies and bullshit shenanigans to undo the will of the people.

Some elections you might say have pre-consequences.

Just like that impeachment was already decided in 2017 what would you expect?

If Trump's witnesses are grilled and exposed, and Nancy's (4) claim "executive privilege", that would be a good outcome, especially if it drags the trial on and the senators can't campaign. That would serve the democrats right for their sham impeachment.

I do understand the argument. But people are sick and tired of this stuff and we risk have the same stank stick to us that is sticking to the Dems if we prolong it. Plus you never know if some negative wild card might pop up.

I do understand the argument. But people are sick and tired of this stuff and we risk have the same stank stick to us that is sticking to the Dems if we prolong it. Plus you never know if some negative wild card might pop up.

I'm not worried. The dems can have Mulvaney, Bolton, Blair and Duffey, and hear them all claim "Executive privilege" 1,000x. So what?

The GOP can call Schiff, Chalupa, Hunter Biden, Joe Biden, Brennan, Clapper, Comey, Strzok, Page, Rice, Lynch, the Ohrs, Rosenstein, Mueller, Ukrainians, Mifsud, Downer, Simpson, Powers, Kavalec, Pientka, Priestap, Baker, Comey, McCabe, Halper, Rogers, Steele, and any other relevant coup plotters or explainers. The trial could take until the election if Mitch plays it right, with the dem senators silently glued to their seats until the trial is over.
The Mitch show could be riveting as they show Operation Crossfire Hurricane as the biggest scandal in US history, as well as eliminate the viability of all the democrat presidential candidates.

Forum List

Back