Men can’t be men?

No man who understood what "being a man" really means would ever say that it is any more difficult today than it ever was, or that it is even a question of "being allowed".

The idea of "being a man" is kind of sexist in my opinion.
That’s kinda ridiculous.
Ask several men what ‘being a man’ means to them and you’ll get several different views. You comment is a tad misandrous, imho.

No man who understood what "being a man" really means would ever say that it is any more difficult today than it ever was, or that it is even a question of "being allowed".

I’ve always maintained that if you feel you have to prove you’re a man, you aren’t
Oh, I don’t know...

upload_2018-8-10_0-13-22.jpeg

Not sure it’s that they aren’t ALLOWED to do anything, but there is an awful lot of silliness re mansplaining, manspreading, toxic masculinity etc. I’m sometimes surprised men dare to open their mouths such is the pervasiveness of this nonsense.

Heh heh. Well, hey, wait a second, now. I'm the only one who used the term toxic masculinity in the thread that I know of.

I'm not so brave that I would make a claim that I couldn't support. It's a term we hear quite a bit in the halls of mainstream academia, though more often regurgitated in media.

To my credit, I didn't take the thread seriously enough to expand on it. I suppose I could expand if we really want to dig into discussing arbitrary victim status groups.

Not sure it’s that they aren’t ALLOWED to do anything, but there is an awful lot of silliness re mansplaining, manspreading, toxic masculinity etc. I’m sometimes surprised men dare to open their mouths such is the pervasiveness of this nonsense.

Heh heh. Well, hey, wait a second, now. I'm the only one who used the term toxic masculinity in the thread that I know of.

I'm not so brave that I would make a claim that I couldn't support. It's a term we hear quite a bit in the halls of mainstream academia, though more often regurgitated in media.

To my credit, I didn't take the thread seriously enough to expand on it. I suppose I could expand if we really want to dig into discussing arbitrary victim status groups.
Well ‘toxic masculinity’ is a phrase that’s only quite recently raised its head (no pun intended :eek:) here in the U.K. so it was on my mind. I’m not really that interested in delving into this subject too deeply either :p

Well ‘toxic masculinity’ is a phrase that’s only quite recently raised its head (no pun intended :eek:) here in the U.K. so it was on my mind. I’m not really that interested in delving into this subject too deeply either :p

Oh, I see. Well, over here in America, what we're seeing is a special interest political movement for institutionalized equality. Though, that aspect of it isn't really ever discussed. It's a bit tricky because certainly we want people to be treated equally and fairly, but the nature of institutionalized equality kind of works to the opposite affect given that the very nature of government is force.

And, of course, our form of government , a compound Republic, is designed to control the Majority strictly.

Everything else is just a bunch of dick waving back and forth. For the most part, anyway.

Anyway. I just ordered some hand made watch bands from a guy in the U.K. He does good work.

I keep seeing threads talking about how men are no longer allowed to be men.

What exactly does that mean? Who is not allowing you to “be a man”? And what are you not allowed to do?
They want us to sit when we Piss, and don't raise the lid.
should we be grateful women aren't really into equality and insisting on "watching us pee to see if we look like their next boyfriend?"

What exactly does that mean? Who is not allowing you to “be a man”? And what are you not allowed to do?
should we be grateful women aren't really into equality and insisting on "watching us pee to see if we look like their next boyfriend?"

You should be grateful for any woman that doesn't serve you with a restraining order.

Women are into equality. But that does not mean they will act the same as men. It never has and never will. The sooner you understand that women get to choose who they fuck, the sooner you will lose your virginity.

Be sure Grumpy sees that.

I genuinely want to hear what men think they are no longer allowed to do. And who is not allowing them.
Dare you even tell a woman she looks nice today? You’ll probably be OK, depends on the woman I guess.

:auiqs.jpg: :lalala:

Oh boy, lemme run into one of them, I'll have some fun! I'll mansplain their ass!

I genuinely want to hear what men think they are no longer allowed to do. And who is not allowing them.
Dare you even tell a woman she looks nice today? You’ll probably be OK, depends on the woman I guess.

Talk to sheilas about boy stuff. Fortunately my wife is fantastic; takes me fishing and loves the old boat I just bought as an impulse buy. She's also a gourmet cook and does all that exercise aerobics stuff........and is more handy with power tools and a paintbrush than I am. But her most endearing feature? She loves me.

:love_ya4:
Dunno how many young blokes are as lucky as me. Seems most of the sheilas my sons hang out with "want you to make me happy". When they find a lass who has the attitude that they make THEMSELVES happy then I suggest to the lads they've found a keeper!

ps. My old boat before repairs.

Spindrift.

Greg

I just say when they complain about the lid not down...."You think I'm that good a sharpshooter???"

Greg

I just say when they complain about the lid not down...."You think I'm that good a sharpshooter???"

Greg

My friend actually does that if he pees in the house.

Greg

My friend actually does that if he pees in the house.

Some blokes take pride in the strangest things. lmao

Greg

Forum List

Back