Michelle Obama speaks of emotional toll...

SassyIrishLass

Diamond Member
Mar 31, 2009
Her toll pales in comparison to what America has suffered under this criminal regime

Michelle Obama speaks of emotional toll of being first black first lady

a09bc_worlds-smallest-violin.jpeg

Michelle Obama gave a candid view Saturday of the challenges and emotional toll of being the country’s first black first lady.

Obama, speaking to graduates at Tuskegee University in Alabama, described insensitive media questions and derogatory remarks from political pundits that she said have kept her up at night.

“You might remember the on-stage celebratory fist bump between me and my husband after a primary win that was referred to as a ‘terrorist fist jab,’ ” she said.

“And over the years, folks have used plenty of interesting words to describe me. One said I exhibited ‘a little bit of uppity-ism.’ Another noted that I was one of my husband’s ‘cronies of color.’ Cable news once charmingly referred to me as ‘Obama’s Baby Mama.’ ”

Obama said she was subjected to a different set of expectations on the campaign trail in 2008 compared with other candidates’ wives.

“ ‘What kind of First Lady would I be? What kinds of issues would I take on?’ … The truth is, those same questions would have been posed to any candidate’s spouse,” she said.

Michelle Obama speaks of emotional toll of being first black first lady TheHill

What a frikken whiner

She should go do a Michal Jackson. skin bleaching, so we don't have to listen to her anymore

Both Obama's are just nasty people going around stirring up shit.

In front of this audience (all "black"), this was hardly the speech to be giving. Focusing on a few minor irritations rather than on the miracle of becoming First Lady for no other reason than her husband was "black," clean, and spoke without a "Negro" patois.

Talk about an ingrate.

Except when she talks about anything else then the OP makes sure to bring it back to her race....because she's sooooo tired of it dontchaknow

Her toll pales in comparison to what America has suffered under this criminal regime

Michelle Obama speaks of emotional toll of being first black first lady

a09bc_worlds-smallest-violin.jpeg

Michelle Obama gave a candid view Saturday of the challenges and emotional toll of being the country’s first black first lady.

Obama, speaking to graduates at Tuskegee University in Alabama, described insensitive media questions and derogatory remarks from political pundits that she said have kept her up at night.

“You might remember the on-stage celebratory fist bump between me and my husband after a primary win that was referred to as a ‘terrorist fist jab,’ ” she said.

“And over the years, folks have used plenty of interesting words to describe me. One said I exhibited ‘a little bit of uppity-ism.’ Another noted that I was one of my husband’s ‘cronies of color.’ Cable news once charmingly referred to me as ‘Obama’s Baby Mama.’ ”

Obama said she was subjected to a different set of expectations on the campaign trail in 2008 compared with other candidates’ wives.

“ ‘What kind of First Lady would I be? What kinds of issues would I take on?’ … The truth is, those same questions would have been posed to any candidate’s spouse,” she said.

Michelle Obama speaks of emotional toll of being first black first lady TheHill

No mention of being a tranny? She must not get out much.

I doubt we can underestimate the emotional and mental toll being president and first lady carries with it. And being the first blacks have got to be a lot worse.

Just as we see here every day, if they don't mention something, the assholes berate them. If they do mention something, they're all over that as well.

Then there are the constant lies from from the rabid whiners on the right and there have been some real doozies.

The right hates children and they hate vets. The fact that FLOTUS has made those two groups her focus has don't very little to endear her to the nutters.

Cut the poor lady some slack. Those D.C. to Aspen shuttles on our taxpayer funded C-20s (Gulfstream III) to hang out with her billionaire groupies are quite taxing. (Pun intended).
dt.common.streams.StreamServer.cls

Can you just imagine the embarrassment of having to rely on a publicly owned Gulfstream versus owning your own which you so richly deserve? That level of shame in front of your limousine liberal groupies leaves scars that no level of therapy can erase.

Add to that the 89th Airlift Wing will not be at her beck and call in a couple of years. That she can keep a stiff upper lip in spite of losing this perk speaks volumes.
First Family Vacations - Judicial Watch

Last edited:
The rest of the article paints the picture of someone not whining, why was it not quoted?

In the end, she said, she realized all the negativity was just “noise.

Obama encouraged the graduates of Tuskegee, a historically black university, to overcome adversity and discrimination by staying “true to the most real, most sincere, most authentic parts of yourselves.”

People “will make assumptions about who they think you are based on their limited notion of the world,” she said. “My husband and I know how frustrating that experience can be. We’ve both felt the sting of those daily slights throughout our entire lives. … And all of that is going to be a heavy burden to carry.”

“But,” she said, “those feelings are not an excuse to just throw up our hands and give up. They are not an excuse to lose hope. To succumb to feelings of despair and anger only means that in the end, we lose.”

Context is everything.

Wow Obama is the first guy to travel by plane on the tax payers dime. No wonder he gets critisized...no one has ever had a private plane before!!

Can you imagine how shaken up the poor thing would be if she saw her husband lampooned and demonized, called a war criminal and every insult conceivable by the media the way Bush was? Or being attacked for being a woman in the wrong party like Palin? Had her motherhood questioned and insulted non stop?

Liberals are spineless cowards. They LOVE to dish it out but cry over paper cuts.

What have you suffered, personally?

first.., :up_yours: ... every GOD loving Christian Conservative have suffered under this regime, they have imported millions of illegals who have stolen jobs from teens trying to get those summer jobs, plus, they favor muslimes over Christians.

i could list many more, but you being a brain dead liberscum would not comprehend the truth and FACTS !! :up:

:up_yours: .... :asshole: ....+...... :fu:

The rest of the article paints the picture of someone not whining, why was it not quoted?

In the end, she said, she realized all the negativity was just “noise.

Obama encouraged the graduates of Tuskegee, a historically black university, to overcome adversity and discrimination by staying “true to the most real, most sincere, most authentic parts of yourselves.”

People “will make assumptions about who they think you are based on their limited notion of the world,” she said. “My husband and I know how frustrating that experience can be. We’ve both felt the sting of those daily slights throughout our entire lives. … And all of that is going to be a heavy burden to carry.”

“But,” she said, “those feelings are not an excuse to just throw up our hands and give up. They are not an excuse to lose hope. To succumb to feelings of despair and anger only means that in the end, we lose.”

Context is everything.
Maybe because nobody but a stupid liberal would buy her crybaby routine. You think the obamas have suffered in this country? They've lived a charmed life by most people on Earth's standards. Including US standards.

Forum List

Back