Minimum wage is already “livable”

I didn't say they have no value. I said they are low value. If that wasn't true they would get paid more. The work they do is not complicated. It's easy to find replacements. Supply and demand. It's all economics.
They are high value, but easily replaceable

That is why they are easy to exploit

I think your economic policy would be a disaster for our economy, no offense.

I'm certain not following mine is the disaster, and it shows now. It's why the Gop can't beat out total left wing nutjobs in elections, and have parades when they do win by a couple of points as if it were a landslide.

They are high value, but easily replaceable
That's not how high value works my guy. That's clown logic.

The fact that they're easily replaced is exactly what makes them low value. Supply and demand. You seem to not understand basic economics.

Helping to facilitate the sale of valuable goods does not make somebody a valuable employee. True value speaks for itself. The value of your skill is determined by the free market.
Here's services included and up to date then.. Notice how recent the jump to people getting paid $15/hr has truly been.
221012-27046.png

I didn't say they have no value. I said they are low value. If that wasn't true they would get paid more. The work they do is not complicated. It's easy to find replacements. Supply and demand. It's all economics.
Rubbish.

... and this is just the tip of the wage fixing iceberg; it goes on in trucking, meat packing, software programming, construction, etc. etc. Right wingers whine about unions, but obviously don't have a problem with rigged markets for labor. skilled or unskilled.

The$324 million is just a wrist slap for these tech companies, not even enough to make them stop.

There is no 'free market' for labor; that's a giant lie.

Who thinks minimum wage workers have increased their productivity at the average rate
of the US economy?

Who thinks managers got smarter and worth more? Quit outsourcing high productivity jobs and quit complaining about low productivity service jobs not working cheap enough for idiots to make high profits on.

Guys as much as I hate raising the minimum wage you seem to forget right now we have massive inflation. Gas up 50% under Biden, eggs up 29%. Dairy up 34%. So the cost to live has gone up to buy the essentials. And if a company is raising their prices due to inflation and not paying more to their workers then that means they are pocketing more cash on the backs of their lowest workers. If that worker could make 20 burgers an hour at 2 dollars a burger in 2019 that means they bring in 40 dollars an hour. If that same worker now makes 20 burgers an hour at 4 dollars a burger they are bringing in 80 dollars but still being paid 7.25 an hour. So their employer is making out like a bandit.

If inflation stays as it is I would recommend raising the MW.

Forum List

Back