šŸŒŸ Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! šŸŒŸ

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs šŸŽ

Minneapolis Police Chief Says Chauvin Violated Dept. Policies

If he was my son, he'd go to college and not be a petty criminal drug addict.
Is that a cops' job to play God ?

Maybe surgeons should think that way......only important people are
really worth saving.

Floyd's death was totally HIS choice. He didn't get arrested for walking to church.
Floyd's death was totally HIS choice. He didn't get arrested for walking to church.
What was he arrested for?

Passing a counterfeit 20 dollar bill and resisting arrest.

Yep. I suspect Chauvin is going down.
And he should.
I don't care what Floyd did or what he was on.

All the ones defending Chauvin --what if it had been your son ?

I would say: I wish my son had steered clear of trouble with the law and had he done so, he wouldn't have died during that interaction with law enforcement.
I would say: I wish my son had steered clear of trouble with the law and had he done so, he wouldn't have died during that interaction with law enforcement.
What did Floyd do to put himself in contact with the police?
The officer responded to a call made by a store merchant someone had attempted to pass a counterfeit $20.00 bill and Floyd was the ID suspect of the offense
Was Floyd compliant?
The officer responded to a call made by a store merchant someone had attempted to pass a counterfeit $20.00 bill and Floyd was the ID suspect of the offense
Was Floyd compliant?
Floyd knowingly passed a counterfeit bill? How can someone be arrested until that has been determined? Who has testified that Floyd knowingly passed that counterfeit bill?
Do you scrutinize every bill that comes into your possession?

That would have been up to a jury.

Includes video.

The actual trainer of Chauvin said the opposite...that he, himself, had used that same technique, to the point he also kept it on while waiting for paramedics..........and he is a prosecution witness......you can see how bad a day the prosecution had here......

Andrew Branca calls it the terrible, horrible, no good, very bad day for the prosecution as three of their own witnesses destroy their case against Chauvin...

Today was a terrible, horrible no good, very bad day for the prosecution, to a degree that I havenā€™t seen since the trial of George Zimmerman.
------

Basing your narrative of guilt on only half the context is a dangerous ploy because we, thank God, enjoy an adversarial legal system, and that means the defense gets to pop right up and expose the jury to the other half of the context, the half consistent with a narrative of innocenceā€”and, in this case, they get to do so with your own witness.

And thatā€™s precisely what happened with Mercil, and in a big, big way.

Nelson began by asking questions related to Mercilā€™s time as a street cop, with a particular emphasis on the tendency of suspects being subject to arrest to come up with all kinds of nonsense about why they shouldnā€™t be arrested that day.

Dangerous job, being a police officer? Yes. Are people generally unhappy about being arrested? Very rarely are they happy, Mercil answered. Do suspects frequently engage in a wide variety of behaviors to avoid arrest, including fighting, arguing, making excuses? Yes, they do, answered Mercil.

Indeed, when asked if he himself had ever disbelieved a suspectā€™s claim of a medical emergency as an apparent effort to avoid arrest, Mercil answered that he personally had done so.

All of this, of course, undercuts the part of the prosecution narrative that is relying on Floydā€™s purported pleas and excuses about claustrophobia and anxiety and crying out for mama. Perhaps all of that is realā€”but a reasonable officer must also consider that maybe much of it is simply an effort to avoid arrest.

Nelson also once again put the use of pressure and body weight techniques in a favorable light. The state wants to present Chauvinā€™s knee in a negative light, as deadly mechanical asphyxiation, or as a ā€œblood chokeā€ as attested to by MMA Williams.

In fact, however, the use of pressure and body weight to restrain a suspect was adopted by the MPD because it was a lesser intensity of force than the prior practice of using strikesā€”either barehanded, or with batons, or even with weighted glovesā€”to compel compliance. Mercil concurred.

The take home message for the jury is that Chauvinā€™s knee, far from being a public execution in a public street, was a lesser force than would otherwise have been required.

Whereas Schleiter wants to pretend that all of Chauvinā€™s use of force and other decisions should have been based solely on the needs and desires of Floyd, Nelson once again had the stateā€™s witness concede that under the MPD critical decision-making model the officer must consider a wide breadth of factors beyond just the suspect, including the officer himself, his partners, any bystandersā€”especially angry or threatening bystanders.

Schleiter had described use of force in a very static and binary wayā€”once a suspect stops resisting, the officer should immediately stop his use of force, period. But Nelson got Mercil to agree that if that suspect had been forcibly resisting the officer only moments before, that would be a factor weighing in favor of continuing to apply force even after apparent resistance had ceased.
-----

When asked explicitly if any of the video of the event showed Chauvin placing Floyd in a ā€œchoke holdā€ (in this context meaning a respiratory choke but the term has been used with careless disregard for accuracy) Mercil was obliged to answer that it did not.

When asked if a carotid choke, or what MPD would refer to as an ā€œunconscious neck restraintā€ required both of the carotid arteries to be compressed, Mercil answered that it did. So much for MMA expert Williamsā€™ testimony to the contrary.

Further, when asked how quickly unconsciousness occurred when a carotid choke was placed, Mercil answered ā€œless than 10 seconds.ā€ Clearly, then Floyd was not being subject to a carotid choke for the large majority of the 9 minutes or so Chauvin had his knee in place, and likely never during that period.

When asked if Mercil trained officers that a suspect who had become unconscious could regain consciousness, get back into the fight, and perhaps even be more aggressive than previously, Mercil responded that he did.

This, of course, is a rationale for Chauvin maintain his knee across Floydā€™s back even after Floyd lost consciousness.

As noted above, Nelson also explored with Mercil whether there were circumstances in which it would be appropriate for an officer to maintain a neck restraint for a substantial period of time, and Mercil conceded that there were.

Sometimes to maintain the neck restraint for however long it took EMS to arrive, asked Nelson? Mercil answered that he, personally, had maintained restraint on suspects for the duration required for EMS to arrive.

The other two witnesses of the day were also a mess for the prosecution as well.......

Andrew Branca, the go to guy for trial coverage........

We already pointed out the prosecution has no credible witnesses. If you suddenly believe bureaucrats covering their own asses then babbling all that other conspiratard crap is just silly.
Who is "we," boy? Got a mouse in your pocket?

Everybody who matters and can be objective. You don't know anybody like that and lack the capacity and wouldn't be any good at it.

And he should.

Was Floyd compliant?
Was Floyd compliant?
Floyd knowingly passed a counterfeit bill? How can someone be arrested until that has been determined? Who has testified that Floyd knowingly passed that counterfeit bill?
Do you scrutinize every bill that comes into your possession?
Stupid re-read what I wrote
Was Floyd compliant when he was being questioned by the officers?

Includes video.

The actual trainer of Chauvin said the opposite...that he, himself, had used that same technique, to the point he also kept it on while waiting for paramedics..........and he is a prosecution witness......you can see how bad a day the prosecution had here......

Andrew Branca calls it the terrible, horrible, no good, very bad day for the prosecution as three of their own witnesses destroy their case against Chauvin...

Today was a terrible, horrible no good, very bad day for the prosecution, to a degree that I havenā€™t seen since the trial of George Zimmerman.
------

Basing your narrative of guilt on only half the context is a dangerous ploy because we, thank God, enjoy an adversarial legal system, and that means the defense gets to pop right up and expose the jury to the other half of the context, the half consistent with a narrative of innocenceā€”and, in this case, they get to do so with your own witness.

And thatā€™s precisely what happened with Mercil, and in a big, big way.

Nelson began by asking questions related to Mercilā€™s time as a street cop, with a particular emphasis on the tendency of suspects being subject to arrest to come up with all kinds of nonsense about why they shouldnā€™t be arrested that day.

Dangerous job, being a police officer? Yes. Are people generally unhappy about being arrested? Very rarely are they happy, Mercil answered. Do suspects frequently engage in a wide variety of behaviors to avoid arrest, including fighting, arguing, making excuses? Yes, they do, answered Mercil.

Indeed, when asked if he himself had ever disbelieved a suspectā€™s claim of a medical emergency as an apparent effort to avoid arrest, Mercil answered that he personally had done so.

All of this, of course, undercuts the part of the prosecution narrative that is relying on Floydā€™s purported pleas and excuses about claustrophobia and anxiety and crying out for mama. Perhaps all of that is realā€”but a reasonable officer must also consider that maybe much of it is simply an effort to avoid arrest.

Nelson also once again put the use of pressure and body weight techniques in a favorable light. The state wants to present Chauvinā€™s knee in a negative light, as deadly mechanical asphyxiation, or as a ā€œblood chokeā€ as attested to by MMA Williams.

In fact, however, the use of pressure and body weight to restrain a suspect was adopted by the MPD because it was a lesser intensity of force than the prior practice of using strikesā€”either barehanded, or with batons, or even with weighted glovesā€”to compel compliance. Mercil concurred.

The take home message for the jury is that Chauvinā€™s knee, far from being a public execution in a public street, was a lesser force than would otherwise have been required.

Whereas Schleiter wants to pretend that all of Chauvinā€™s use of force and other decisions should have been based solely on the needs and desires of Floyd, Nelson once again had the stateā€™s witness concede that under the MPD critical decision-making model the officer must consider a wide breadth of factors beyond just the suspect, including the officer himself, his partners, any bystandersā€”especially angry or threatening bystanders.

Schleiter had described use of force in a very static and binary wayā€”once a suspect stops resisting, the officer should immediately stop his use of force, period. But Nelson got Mercil to agree that if that suspect had been forcibly resisting the officer only moments before, that would be a factor weighing in favor of continuing to apply force even after apparent resistance had ceased.
-----

When asked explicitly if any of the video of the event showed Chauvin placing Floyd in a ā€œchoke holdā€ (in this context meaning a respiratory choke but the term has been used with careless disregard for accuracy) Mercil was obliged to answer that it did not.

When asked if a carotid choke, or what MPD would refer to as an ā€œunconscious neck restraintā€ required both of the carotid arteries to be compressed, Mercil answered that it did. So much for MMA expert Williamsā€™ testimony to the contrary.

Further, when asked how quickly unconsciousness occurred when a carotid choke was placed, Mercil answered ā€œless than 10 seconds.ā€ Clearly, then Floyd was not being subject to a carotid choke for the large majority of the 9 minutes or so Chauvin had his knee in place, and likely never during that period.

When asked if Mercil trained officers that a suspect who had become unconscious could regain consciousness, get back into the fight, and perhaps even be more aggressive than previously, Mercil responded that he did.

This, of course, is a rationale for Chauvin maintain his knee across Floydā€™s back even after Floyd lost consciousness.

As noted above, Nelson also explored with Mercil whether there were circumstances in which it would be appropriate for an officer to maintain a neck restraint for a substantial period of time, and Mercil conceded that there were.

Sometimes to maintain the neck restraint for however long it took EMS to arrive, asked Nelson? Mercil answered that he, personally, had maintained restraint on suspects for the duration required for EMS to arrive.

The other two witnesses of the day were also a mess for the prosecution as well.......

Andrew Branca, the go to guy for trial coverage........

That, and the fact that his knee was on Floyd the ODing gangster thug resisting arrest's shoulder blade, not his neck, which of course the usual left wing liars continue to lie about despite 30 minutes of footage from multiple views.

And he should.

Passing counterfeit money and drug possession.
Passing counterfeit money and drug possession.
So Chauvin was able to determine that Floyd knowingly passed a counterfeit bill? What drugs were seized at the scene? Is arrest even the departmentā€™s policy when suspected counterfeit bills are transacted, a misdemeanor? Who has testified that Floyd knowingly passed a counterfeit bill?

Thatā€™s a lot of questions for your degree of certainty.
No one could determine anything since Floyd was not being compliant
No one could determine anything since Floyd was not being compliant
Compliant with what?
So the determination could not be made then to arrest him for anything?

Is arrest even the proper departmental protocol for such a call? According to the chief, it was not.
again was he being compliant?

And he should.

Was Floyd compliant?
Most of the time three cops around here might have knocked the sh#t out of him with their sticks, put cuffs on and threw him the car, not executed him on the side of the street with film at 6 to the whole world. There usually isn't a street-side death penalty if somebody gives you a phony $20.
He was not being compliant
So? I have had people and even soldiers that did not immediately comply throughout my life, but I didn't kill any for noncompliance.
Well fuck you here's a cookie sport

Most of the time three cops around here might have knocked the sh#t out of him with their sticks, put cuffs on and threw him the car, not executed him on the side of the street with film at 6 to the whole world. There usually isn't a street-side death penalty if somebody gives you a phony $20.
Not a bad idea.
Public executions on PPV.

My son isn't a thug drug addict.

007.gif

And he should.

Was Floyd compliant?
So? I have had people and even soldiers that did not immediately comply throughout my life, but I didn't kill any for noncompliance.
Look sport, you do realize Chauvin is in all this mess because he did not do like me and the vast majority of American. Even the cops are giving evidence, Chauvin went beyond what is acceptable. He is screwed by his actions. Non-compiance is not a justification for being held down by the neck until you are dead. Now the jury will decide if it fits the definition of murder and have the judge jail him for a long time. Pretty obvious, this will not end well for him.
One thing for certain, You will never fuck me, no matter what kind of homosexual rage the Chauvin trial puts you in. You need to get hold of your feelings and need to remember some of us are licensed to and do carry concealed, in a stand you ground state, before you attempt something rash.

Last edited:
George Floyd's last 15 minutes starts at 15:00.

Including the 10 minutes they finally spend doing CPR too late.

And he should.

Was Floyd compliant?
Look sport, you do realize Chauvin is in all this mess because he did not do like me and the vast majority of American. Even the cops are giving evidence, Chauvin went beyond what is acceptable. He is screwed by his actions. Non-compiance is not a justification for being held down by the neck until you are dead. Now the jury will decide if it fits the definition of murder and have the judge jail him for a long time. Pretty obvious, this will not end well for him.
One thing for certain, You will never fuck me, no matter what kind of homosexual rage the Chauvin trial puts you in. You need to get hold of your feelings and need to remember some of us are licensed to and do carry concealed, in a stand you ground state, before you attempt something rash.
Sport I've had a few that were not compliant and had to wrestle them to the ground and apply the pressure points to make them compliant.
One guy comes to mind it was a simple shoplifting investigation
The suspect in question went in a local department store took some merchandise and later that evening brought it back for a refund. The store manager called the department and I responded to the call. I started questioning the guy which he started getting defensive, a couple of questions later he bolted had to chase the guy down a stun gun did not make him compliant brut force and dragging his 350-pound ass out of the woods is what it took. Yes he was a big as Floyd was

Forum List

Back