🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Minority kids are stupid

My grandkids have career fairs in their elementary school. K-5 meeting with colleges and military recruiters. Just far away from my days of school.

There are 8th graders writing programs for games and other cool stuff. Building bridges with popsicle sticks that can with can handle 150 lbs psi of pressure.

That's what I've heard, anyway.

Just got back from a program in the kindergarten class my older daughter teaches at a Charter school. A class in which they know cursive, can read books, and can do third grade math by the time the year is over. In kindergarten.

Anyway, they recited all the states and the state capitols, both as a group and individually; they answered questions on American history and geography; they recited the first part of the Gettysburg Address. And they did one mean bunny hop a couple of times in between.

This class is about 80% black or brown.

This class isn't about your skin color or how much money your parents have. It's about maintaining standards and expectations, giving kids pride in their own achievements, and holding them accountable for their actions.

I'll bet we all know this. Some just refuse to admit it.
The disparities in IQ most prominently come to actualization in the late teens to early 20s. Not quite as readily observable 5-7 year olds; all things considered. Glad you had a good time though.
IQ tests only measure a person's ability to take IQ tests.....

But I thought teachers and educators and their anti-Christ teachers unions were all members of the evil liberal elite,hell bent on destroying our country and turning our frogs gay?

and yes....minority kids are stupid -- that is why even when they graduate from Harvard or Columbia -- we still question it and call them stupid anyway...

Just got back from a program in the kindergarten class my older daughter teaches at a Charter school. A class in which they know cursive, can read books, and can do third grade math by the time the year is over. In kindergarten.

Anyway, they recited all the states and the state capitols, both as a group and individually; they answered questions on American history and geography; they recited the first part of the Gettysburg Address. And they did one mean bunny hop a couple of times in between.

This class isn't about your skin color or how much money your parents have. It's about maintaining standards and expectations, giving kids pride in their own achievements, and holding them accountable for their actions.

The disparities in IQ most prominently come to actualization in the late teens to early 20s. Not quite as readily observable 5-7 year olds; all things considered. Glad you had a good time though.
You can cry about the testing all you want. The fact remains that IQ is the single best predictor for the potential of personal success.

IQ, explained in 9 charts

Collective IQ is also a great predictor of a society’s success as well; as we discussed here...
Threshold 97- Why Negro Nations Cannot Duplicate Western Civilization

Collective IQ is also a great predictor of a society’s success as well; as we discussed here...
IQ tests are an arbitrary means to establish intelligence -- all it does is measure one's ability to take an IQ test -- and it still doesn't make racists like you reach the conclusion that Asians and Ashkenazi Jews are the superior race -- if we want to use the IQ test as the rationale...

It will be like someone who mastered the art of hitting a golf ball really far -- deciding to use that as the determining factor in how elite of an athlete a person is....pretty convenient for those who excel at hitting golf balls...

IQ tests are an arbitrary means to establish intelligence -- all it does is measure one's ability to take an IQ test -- and it still doesn't make racists like you reach the conclusion that Asians and Ashkenazi Jews are the superior race -- if we want to use the IQ test as the rationale...

It will be like someone who mastered the art of hitting a golf ball really far -- deciding to use that as the determining factor in how elite of an athlete a person is....pretty convenient for those who excel at hitting golf balls...
You’re free to delude yourself in whatever manner you feel comfortable. Reality will persist, oblivious to your feelings on the matter...

When it comes to education, it appears that one end of the spectrum would like to see Bible study interspersed between Sean Hannity podcasts, and the other end would like to see sensitivity training interspersed between microaggression awareness meetings.

For our kid's sake, and for our country's sake, I'm so happy schools like my daughter's exist.

Good for you! If ignorance is bliss, you should be very happy!
If y'all hadn't hollered at him so much about it, Mac might have listened to what all the teachers here are saying to him. I think Mac's reaction to the "95th percentile in the state" is a perfect example of why education in this country has gotten so screwed up. There is absolutely nothing wrong with the motivational style of teaching that Mac's daughter is using, and the children are obviously comfortable with it and excelling with it. But he is not able to hear that what they are insisting these kids learn for the sake of achieving those high scores is not based in solid pedagogy. It's all about the numbers, man. And non-educators sitting on school boards all over the country are making the same mistake.

It never ends.

...says the person with a room temperature IQ!

Here is the problem....If i scored higher than you on the IQ test (which is pretty obvious to me that I did) -- it still won't disavow you of your delusional prejudices -- so who cares....

But luckily for you, Trump having the IQ of a moderately functioning bar stool didn't stop him from achieving things in life.

That's sad and awful.
When did this weird paranoia about intelligence and education begin?

It really is okay to be intelligent and educated. Really.

I can't believe I just said that.

So in your estimation, being "intelligent and educated" means spewing back, literally, a bunch of random sounds and words for which you have no idea the meaning. And could not explain to anyone if your life depended on it.

That is no where near "learning"--it is mere rote memorization. Memorization has limited used when it is a building block for other knowledge, absolutely: IOW, multiplication tables. The Gettysburg Address in kindergarten is a performance trick.
I'll say it again:

It's not about what they are actually learning at that age. It's about teaching them how to learn.

It's about exercising their minds from different directions. Giving them lots of positive feedback. Constantly. Showing them they can do it.

That's the point. That's what this is all about. I would think that's huge.

If that's not good enough for you, then sorry.
My nephews go to the most expensive private school in the state. Lots of pressure and homework. High expectations when you are paying $25K a year per kid. You can get into Harvard going to this school.

My brother became a VP of a fortune 500 company not because of public high school but in spite of it. He struggled his first year at MSU and I struggled my first year at EMU. I/We didn't know how to study. Not like you have to study in college. 5 classes a semester kind of studying. It wasn't easy to learn.

What is the difference between their private education and our public education? When they go to college it's going to be easier than high school was for them. But for us public school kids, it's tough figuring it all out on our own when we go to college. We were not prepared. The unkotares and sweetsue92's failed us.

And a lot of us thought we were smart because we got A's and B's in our public schools. Those A's are private school B's. And our B's are their C's.

..... You teach the way teachers have for hundreds of years. .....

You don't even realize how laughably ignorant that comment is.
You don’t realize how true it is

It’s not true. Try listening to people who know better than you do.
Stop thinking you know better than others. You really don't. That's why you are where you are in life. How's that second job working out for you?

Here is the problem....If i scored higher than you on the IQ test (which is pretty obvious to me that I did) -- it still won't disavow you of your delusional prejudices -- so who cares....

But luckily for you, Trump having the IQ of a moderately functioning bar stool didn't stop him from achieving things in life.

What does Trump have to do with you being a dumbass?

..... You teach the way teachers have for hundreds of years. .....

You don't even realize how laughably ignorant that comment is.
You don’t realize how true it is

It’s not true. Try listening to people who know better than you do.
Stop thinking you know better than others. You really don't. .....?

About some things, I really do. Don’t feel threatened by it, just take the opportunity to learn.

Dont worry, they will process it LATER.
There is no guarantee of that, and you're wasting time and brain space doing things that LOOK impressive, but aren't. It's the academic equivalent of riding a unicycle. Looks impressive but is a trick. Really. It's a trick.

Probably a third of them will use it in real life.

All of them will use it with advantage to learning more easily later as they continue their education in regular schools or private schools.

No education is ever wasted if it teaches truthful things.

Listen, I'm a conservative. If conservatives ever REALLY want to take back the culture, we've got to get better at this. We've got to understand that don't make smarter conservatives by cramming their brains full of the Gettysburg address at five years old.

Really.
I guess that all depends on what you consider “smart”. Why do you think memorization exercises are negative for children?

I do agree there should be a strong focus in logic, problem solving, social and motor skills. I like the Montessori School approach to early education. My friend runs a school in my local community and they do great things.

This approach is also why we keep producing generations of mindless liberals. They memorized the Gettysburg Address in elementary school and never learned what it meant and then forgot the words as they got older. The net result is zero education.
And the biased partisan agenda exposes itself at last.

Slade3200, as we were discussing.
Yup another troll spreading nonsense. Troy can’t be taken seriously.

Stupid is not the proper word. Ignorant is more like it.

We were taught an "experimental" form of cursive that simplified some of the letters, like the capitol Q for instance. Fortunately, I missed the New Math experiments.
Back when I was in the Navy, my daughter learned cursive writing in Florida, and then we transferred to Rhode Island. The teachers informed my wife that my daughter was writing cursive incorrectly because they chose a different style. Imagine having to learn how to write cursive in a completely different style because some pinhead decided they didn't like the way a capital "f" looked in the style you were taught.
I made up my own form of cursive in high school that was intended to maximize speed and readability. But the arthritis in my hands now makes it almost illegible if I right too fast now.

That's sad and awful.
When did this weird paranoia about intelligence and education begin?

It really is okay to be intelligent and educated. Really.

I can't believe I just said that.

So in your estimation, being "intelligent and educated" means spewing back, literally, a bunch of random sounds and words for which you have no idea the meaning. And could not explain to anyone if your life depended on it.

That is no where near "learning"--it is mere rote memorization. Memorization has limited used when it is a building block for other knowledge, absolutely: IOW, multiplication tables. The Gettysburg Address in kindergarten is a performance trick.
I'll say it again:

It's not about what they are actually learning at that age. It's about teaching them how to learn.

It's about exercising their minds from different directions. Giving them lots of positive feedback. Constantly. Showing them they can do it.

That's the point. That's what this is all about. I would think that's huge.

If that's not good enough for you, then sorry.

And a lot of us thought we were smart because we got A's and B's in our public schools. Those A's are private school B's. And our B's are their C's.

That is not correct. In fact, often just the opposite is true.

I just asked Google if writing cursive helps with math ability. No, not math, but language abilities, apparently..... of course, since you are writing language, it makes perfect sense that part of the brain is being stimulated. Interesting. From wiki:

How is cursive good for the brain?
The Benefits of Cursive Go Beyond Writing. ... In fact, learning to write in cursive is shown to improve brain development in the areas of thinking, language and working memory. Cursive handwriting stimulates brain synapses and synchronicity between the left and right hemispheres, something absent from printing and typing.Apr 30, 2013

Forum List

Back