Mom Buys Daughter Cocaine For 18th Birthday

MathewSmith

May 24, 2015
A mother who bought £300 worth of cocaine as a birthday present for her daughter’s 18th has been spared jail.
The 37-year-old – who is also a grandmother – admitted that she was planning to take the cocaine with her college student daughter on a night of wild celebrations in London.

Mother bought 12 packets of cocaine for her daughter’s 18th

The level this once great country has become. And these people walk among us! Disgusting, pathetic excuse of a mother. I just imagine what the kids she dragged up are like!! I shudder at the thought. the 14 year old should be placed in a safe environment well away from his irresponsible mother and sister who both clearly believe that drugs are acceptable!

Colombian Cartels Are Flooding US Streets With Cocaine...
eek.gif

Resurgent Colombian Cartels Are Flooding US Streets With Cocaine
5/29/2017 - Cocaine production is booming again in Colombia and the resurgent cartels are behind roughly 90 percent of cocaine flooding onto U.S. streets.
Agents with the Drug Enforcement Administration say traffickers are smuggling more cocaine into South Florida than officials have seen since 2007. The coca crop is flourishing in Colombia after a decade of decline. Officials with U.S. Customs and Border Protection said cocaine seizures in Florida totaled 9,500 pounds in 2015, a 61 percent increase over the previous year, reports NBC Miami. Experts say due to the rapid spike in Colombian cocaine production, the full effects of the boom have yet to hit American shores. Cocaine fatalities are on a steady rise, claiming 1,834 lives in Florida between 2012 and 2015, surpassed only by deaths from fentanyl, an opiate based painkiller 50 to 100 times stronger than morphine.

Coca cultivation is back to dominating the agricultural market in Colombia. Production today even eclipses the cocaine output of Pablo Escobar’s infamous Medellin Cartel. Roughly 460,000 acres of coca is currently planted throughout the country, producing 710 metric tons of cocaine in 2015, up from only 235 metric tons of output in 2013. “There is a mountain of cocaine, much of it is likely headed our way,” Justin Miller, intelligence chief for the DEA’s Miami field division, told NBC Miami. “But we are already seeing these drug combinations, and cocaine deaths are already going up significantly.”

2014-06-11T152622Z_1_LYNXMPEA5A0MO_RTROPTP_4_COLOMBIA-ELECTION-PEACE-e1459371289991.jpg

Colombian Army Gen. Mario Montoya (L) examines a cocaine pack confiscated by troops near Puerto Asis, Putumayo province, in this February 12, 2001 file photo. Hundreds of thousands of Colombians in frontline areas want President Juan Manuel Santos re-elected on Sunday so he can continue negotiating an end to five decades of war with guerrilla leaders of the Revolutionary Armed Forces of Colombia (FARC).​

Gangs, traffickers and farmers are growing so much of the crop, excess coca leaves are being left rotting in fields. Prices are also falling amid the production boom, partially driven by financial incentives from the Colombian government. The street price of one kilo of pure cocaine is down from as high as $35,000 to $26,000 in South Florida. The resurgence of cocaine comes amid the opioid epidemic, which claimed more than 33,000 lives in 2015. The rise in opioid related deaths is largely blamed on the emergence of deadly chemicals like fentanyl, which dealers cut into their supplies. Officials in the U.S. are becoming increasingly concerned about fentanyl cropping up in cocaine supplies, which is already being seen in Chicago and New York.

Less than half a teaspoon of pure fentanyl is enough to kill 10 people. Less than half a teaspoon of pure fentanyl is enough to kill 10 people. “We’re hearing indications of some cocaine-fentanyl overdose deaths not involving heroin in New York City as well, suggestive of fentanyl directly mixed with cocaine,” Daniel Raymond, policy director for the national Harm Reduction Coalition, told Cincinnati.com. “It’s not clear that any specific demographics are being targeted or even the market rationale.” Cocaine use increased among young Americans between 2013 and 2015, over the same period cocaine cultivation began increasing again in Colombia. The substance was responsible for 13 percent of fatal drug overdoses in the U.S. in 2015.

Resurgent Colombian Cartels Are Flooding US Streets With Cocaine

See also:

Cocaine Markets Are So Saturated, Cartels Are Doing The Unthinkable
5/09/2017 - Record cocaine production in Colombia is creating such a saturated market, gangs and traffickers are leaving excess coca leaves out in the fields to rot.
Coca cultivation is dominating the agricultural market in Colombia after a decade of decline. Production today even eclipses the cocaine output of Pablo Escobar’s infamous Medellin Cartel. Roughly 460,000 acres of coca is currently planted throughout the country, producing 710 metric tons of cocaine in 2015, up from only 235 metric tons of output in 2013, reports The Washington Post. Gangs, traffickers and farmers are growing so much of the crop, excess coca leaves are being left rotting in fields. Prices are also falling amid the production boom, partially driven by financial incentives from the Colombian government to ditch coca leaves for legal alternatives.

FARC rebels and the Colombian government signed a peace agreement in 2016 ending more than 50 years of conflict, with a pledge from the rebels to transition farmers under their control from coca production to legal alternatives. “We’ve never seen anything like it before,” Luis Carlos Villegas, Colombia’s defense minister, told The Washington Post. “Frankly, we don’t believe violence is the right instrument to rid Colombia of coca.”

The Colombian government’s strategy for combating the record output is inadvertently fueling the problem. The government is paying farmers who kill their coca plants in cash, incentivizing farmers to plant as much coca as possible before officials arrive in their community to give out the money. The boom is also directly fueling a slow resurgence in cocaine use in the U.S. The opioid epidemic is the current focus of lawmakers, however cocaine use appears to be on the rise for the first time in 10 years. Cocaine was responsible for 13 percent of fatal drug overdoses in the U.S. in 2015 and 90 percent of the cocaine came from Colombia, according to the U.S. Department of State.

Cocaine use increased among young Americans between 2013 and 2015, over the same period cocaine cultivation began increasing again in Colombia. “What is happening is the counterargument to the suggestion that demand always drives supply,” William Brownfield, head of narcotics enforcement for the State Department, told The Washington Post. “In this case, any rational observer would say the supply of the product right now is dramatically greater than the demand.”

Cocaine Markets Are So Saturated, Cartels Are Doing The Unthinkable

Related:

Coast Guard Seizes Half A Billion Dollars Worth Of Cocaine Smuggled In Pacific
3/29/2017 - The U.S. Coast Guard seized nearly half a billion dollars of cocaine during a series of drug busts in the Pacific Ocean targeting smuggling routes over a 26-day period.
The U.S. Coast Guard Cutter James returned to Port Everglades in Fort Lauderdale Tuesday with the haul, which carried a weight of roughly 16 tons. Authorities estimate the total cocaine seizure to be worth an estimated $420 million. The Coast Guard interdicted 17 drug smuggling vessels traveling in the Eastern Pacific along the coasts of Central and South America during the 26-day mission with the assistance of Canadian authorities, reports CBS Miami.

shutterstock_217852807-e1472738566286.jpg

Lines of cocaine and a rolled-up bill​

Five of the searches were conducted by the Coast Guard’s helicopter interdiction squad, which alone seized 5.19 tons of the total load. “With this ship, we’re capable of owning the night,” James’ Captain Mark Fedor told CBS Miami. “They’re just not carrying cocaine. They’re delivering violence, corruption, and instability to a part of the world – the Western Hemisphere – that just can’t afford it.” Authorities arrested more than 30 drug smugglers over the course of the nearly month long mission who will face prosecution in the U.S. Fedor noted how important these seizures are during a time when the cocoa crop is thriving in South America.

The seizure is the latest bust by U.S. authorities of smugglers trafficking narcotics on the seas. A U.S. Navy destroyer seized nearly 600 pounds of heroin in the Arabian Sea March 13 after discovering the stash of drugs during a routine boarding. The Laboon, a guided-missile destroyer, launched with the George H.W. Bush carrier strike group in January from Norfolk, Va., which U.S. Naval Forces Central Command said was conducting maritime security operations in the region. The Laboon, a guided-missile destroyer,

A mother who bought £300 worth of cocaine as a birthday present for her daughter’s 18th has been spared jail.
The 37-year-old – who is also a grandmother – admitted that she was planning to take the cocaine with her college student daughter on a night of wild celebrations in London.

The level this once great country has become. And these people walk among us! Disgusting, pathetic excuse of a mother. I just imagine what the kids she dragged up are like!! I shudder at the thought. the 14 year old should be placed in a safe environment well away from his irresponsible mother and sister who both clearly believe that drugs are acceptable!
Her daughter most likely has already been working the streets to pay for habit. Mom too.

To me anyone who helps their kids score drugs should be kicked where it hurts.

God bless you and her kids always!!!

Holly
she was not a kid anymore she was 18 that makes her an adult
In my opinion, age doesn't matter. Since when are drugs a good gift to give anyone no matter what the occasion is?

God bless you always!!!

Holly

Did you ever give a person a bottle of wine?

Alcohol is a drug and in fact is the most abused drug

Holly
In my opinion, age doesn't matter. Since when are drugs a good gift to give anyone no matter what the occasion is?

God bless you always!!!

Holly

You are equating a bottle of wine with cocaine? When did wine ever explode your heart valves? Moron.

Tell me something morons. If drugs are so beneficial to your society why do ewe want the taxpayer to fund your rehab?

Holly

God bless you always!!!

Holly

You are equating a bottle of wine with cocaine? When did wine ever explode your heart valves? Moron.

I did no such thing.

The statement was , and I quote, "Since when are drugs a good gift to give anyone no matter what the occasion is?"

Alcohol IS a drug and is in fact THE most abused drug

Holly

God bless you always!!!

Holly

I did no such thing.

The statement was , and I quote, "Since when are drugs a good gift to give anyone no matter what the occasion is?"

He speaks the truth. Seldom is the truth popular, or well received...

God bless you always!!!

Holly

I did no such thing.

And the answer to my question is?

Her daughter most likely has already been working the streets to pay for habit. Mom too.
Civil Service jobs I'm sure.

God bless you always!!!

Holly

I did no such thing.

When did cocaine slumber someone into a coma from which they never returned?

Cocaine was legal and put into everything from soda pop to cough syrup. Heroin too. But the country suffered massive problems so it got outlawed. To compare it with alcohol is ridiculous, those kinds of drugs are highly addictive. You have to work at being a drunk but coke will own you before you know what happened.

Testing with lab animals coke was the only drug they would do over food until they died.

God bless you always!!!

Holly

I did no such thing.

Since I never equated wine with coke except for the fact that they are both drugs, your question is not worthy of an answer

Cocaine was legal and put into everything from soda pop to cough syrup. Heroin too. But the country suffered massive problems so it got outlawed. To compare it with alcohol is ridiculous, those kinds of drugs are highly addictive. You have to work at being a drunk but coke will own you before you know what happened.

Testing with lab animals coke was the only drug they would do over food until they died.

so alcohol doesn't cause massive problems?

FYI alcohol is the most abused drug in the country if not the world.

and it's not any drug in itself that is a problem. it is how people use it that causes problems.

A person can do coke on occasion and suffer no ill effects other than a day or two of feeling like shit ( not unlike an alcohol hangover)

so alcohol doesn't cause massive problems?

FYI alcohol is the most abused drug in the country if not the world.

and it's not any drug in itself that is a problem. it is how people use it that causes problems.

A person can do coke on occasion and suffer no ill effects other than a day or two of feeling like shit ( not unlike an alcohol hangover)
You didn't read the post you responded to.

Forum List

Back