Monsanto - The Most Slandered Company in World History

Good for you.

Then why the whine-fest?

By the way, "small farmers don't receive government money?"

:lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao:

Since I'm certain you cannot possibly be so stupid as to never have heard of the United States Department of Agriculture, I'm guessing you threw that in for comic relief!

But I could be wrong, so here is the link to their generous Government Grant Offer

Grants

The application process, of course, is more difficult than sitting on your ass, whining about Monsanto and "Repubtards"(whatever-the-fuck that's supposed to be).

You Stupid Big Government Promoting Tit Sucking Retard - Real farmers hate subsidies. "The richest 10 percent of farm subsidy recipients take in almost three-quarters of payments." Those 10 percent are large corporations, they are not even farms or family farms. The Farm Bill subsidy system certainly suffers from rampant abuse & should be stopped.

The real winners in the subsidy explosion Monsanto, ADM, Bunge, Cargill, Dreyfus, DuPont, Syngenta, Dow, Potash, Deer, and Bayer.

Sounds like lots of winners; investors.

Whatever.

When you wanna grow up and put on your big-boy pants, you'll resolve your so-called "farmer" issues. Frankly, I don't see anyone as moronic as yourself staying in the business that long.

Until then, continue your idiotic blithering, and shitting your diapers over a reality that every other business in the USA must contend.

It is amusing for us.

:lol:

Nothing amusing about seeing Americans forced off their land and huge welfare (YOUR tax money) being paid to mega-huge corporations.

If those farmers didn't try to grow their next crop from that intellectual property they wouldn't be going to court, would they? Not saying Mosato is right, just that, under current law, they have the upper hand. Maybe you should consider patent reform instead of blaming Monsato for what the government created with its absurd laws.

These farmers never asked for their harvest to contain Monsanto's intellectual property and were probably ignorant of the fact that their harvest even included GMO crops. It was Monsanto that trespassed on these farmer's property, took DNA samples and took the issue to court. They are bullies.

Get the fuck over yourself.

How fucking difficult is it to document what seed a farmer uses during a planting, for christ's sake?

These days its all but impossible.

Not possible.

You buy Monsanto seed or you find another way to make a living.

If you farm, you use Monsanto products. Period.

If that is true, then why is there a nice large GMO free organic section in every super-market across the country?

Honestly, I've never seen "a large GMO free organic section in every supermarket across teh country".

I buy most "organic" but have never seen a sign reading "GMO free".

That "GMO free" cart left the station decades ago Luddite.. You can't walk into a garden nursery anywhere and buy the plants you bought 20 years ago. Sometimes for excellent reasons like diseases and viruses that FORCED genetic modification. But mainly for frost and drought tolerance and OPTIONS for sizes and colors. Same deal with food stuffs. You cannot talk supermarkets into stocking specialty produce items with natural seed stocks if the bruising, browning, spoilage rate is MUCH HIGHER than GMO foods.

Hawaii’s papaya industry was facing disaster because of the deadly papaya ringspot virus. Its single-handed savior was a breed engineered to be resistant to the virus. Without it, the state’s papaya industry would have collapsed. Today, 80% of Hawaiian papaya is genetically engineered, and there is still no conventional or organic method to control ringspot virus."[20]

In May 2013, the J.R. Simplot Company sought USDA approval for their "Innate" potatoes, which contain 10 genetic modifications that prevent bruising and produce less acrylamide when fried than conventional potatoes; the inserted genetic material comes from cultivated or wild potatoes, and leads to RNA interference, which prevents certain proteins from being formed.[25][26][27]

As of 2005, about 13% of the zucchini grown in the US was genetically modified to resist three viruses; the zucchini is also grown in Canada.[28]

As of 2012, an apple that has been genetically modified to resist browning, known as the Nonbrowning Arctic apple produced by Okanagan Specialty Fruits, was awaiting regulatory approval in the US and Canada. A gene in the fruit has been modified such that the apple produces less polyphenol oxidase, a chemical that manifests the browning.

So tell me Luddly --- which of those things are you afraid of? You would not eat a Hawaiian papaya? Or an Arctic Apple? You like tossing out food with limited shelf life? Did you know that your DNA contains genes for gills and a tail? Do you have either of those?

Spoken like a true corporate moron. If you have a law degree, it's out of charity.

Actually YOU are a uninformed little ignorant person who GETS all your news from the grossly EXAGGERATED MSM!
The MSM takes the EXCEPTIONS and blows them up to be the RULE and idiots like you believe it!

I mean you really really think that a MAJOR company would GO out of it's way to KILL OFF it's customers???

HOW f..king stupid you are!

But you see idiots like you believe that EVERY time the news takes Crisis position i.e. gun banning for example
because 8 kids get shot in ONE incident when over the last 80 years less then 300 people have been killed!
YET idiots like you blow it so far out of proportion... these exceptions are NOT THE RULE!
99% of the day is very very boring mundane simple good people do their work and living their lives!
YET idiots like you can't comprehend that if the MSM blowing out of proportion events such as Monsanto WERE
the RULE you dummy.... we wouldn't be alive!!!

You wouldn't be repeating this nonsense if you lived in a community that relies heavily on family farms.

I'll bypass throwing the moronic vitriol back in your face, but will leave you with this thought-

There are causes and issues that transcend party politics. Just because a lot of leftist tree hugging goons have a problem with the relationship between the Feds and Monsanto, does not mean they are wrong. Grow up.

Family farms don't use GMO seeds? :lol:

I'm not hearing any specifics here. Just a bitchfest about big versus small.
As Samson says, the pressure on smaller farms is an ECONOMIC one, not a criminal enterprise.
If you decide to plant HIGHER LABOR crops or LOWER YIELD crops to avoid buying Monsanto, then you have to be prepared to work harder and longer for the same market price yield..

I've stipulated that Monsanto is bullying about "theft" of proprietary product -- but other than that -- all I hear is bitching and whining about wanting to do stuff the "old way"... And in turn block any new ideas or products that make the "old way" uneconomical..

Live in an agricultural area and you'll get a whole new view of what "economy bullying" is all about.

You make it sound so benign and gentle. In reality, its the loss of everything that generations of your family has worked to build. Its the difference between making a living and being thrown off your land.

Its unthinkable that any American can defend what Monsanto has done.

Its unthinkable that some of you are on the side of big money against family farms.

Family farms are perfect candidates to adopt less labor intensive strains that also may have less of a drought risk.. There is no bullying involved. You are welcomed to have a Rolodex and an actual Answering Machine for your rotary phone on your "filing cabinet" in your biz also. If you want to be ancient and afraid of technology. Just don't expect to compete with those who junked those things.

Kinda ironic that you are so emotional about economic bullying of farming families who have worked so hard to survive -- but I'm CERTAIN -- youre a leftist fan of the Death Tax that forces a sale of the family farm to pay that tax on hypothetical land values. Aren't ya? :eek: I'd say Uncle Grim Reaper is a bigger threat to traditional family farming than Monsanto.

Perhaps they would have better PR if they didn't sue farmers when their intellectual property (read: airborne seeds) ended up on these farmer's property. It kinda makes you look like a bully.

If those farmers didn't try to grow their next crop from that intellectual property they wouldn't be going to court, would they? Not saying Mosato is right, just that, under current law, they have the upper hand. Maybe you should consider patent reform instead of blaming Monsato for what the government created with its absurd laws.

Yeah, the wind blows and the small family farmer has to go up against the Koch brothers.

Ya wanna guess which one will keep the other tied up in court for a couple hundred years?

WHY are RWs so against small family owned farms?

Yeah, I know - because they're not owned by the god damned Kochs.

Monsato sues farmers that don't plant their crop? Can you prove that?

Didn't think so. The reason for that is that Monsato only files a suit when a farmer deliberately skirts the contract they signed.

By the way, I know a family farmer. Would you like me to invite them to this forum to tell you how ignorant you are about farming?

Last edited:
These farmers never asked for their harvest to contain Monsanto's intellectual property and were probably ignorant of the fact that their harvest even included GMO crops. It was Monsanto that trespassed on these farmer's property, took DNA samples and took the issue to court. They are bullies.

Get the fuck over yourself.

How fucking difficult is it to document what seed a farmer uses during a planting, for christ's sake?

These days its all but impossible.

This from the moron that posted:

If you farm, you use Monsanto products. Period.

Only to be rebutted

I plant Stine seed directly from Stine & not Big Government Monsanto.

:lol:

Luddy, your credibility about the subject was exhausted after your first reply to the thread. But don't let that stop you from being the addle-minded clown whose carelessly crafted posts primarily serve to amuse the board.

Should food terrorist blow up food and create famines? Not create bigger yields and lower cost foods?

A food terrorist like Monsanto wants everyone to eat their Frankenfoods, even against their will, which will reduce the variety of foods we eat as well as possible unknown consequences from eating such Frankenfood.

You don't do the grocery shopping -- do ya? Name me a Frankenfood and the list of proven ills that it causes..

"possibly other unknown consequences" just doesn't seem to frighten me enough..
Monsanto is using us as guinea pigs for their Frankenfoods. Maybe they're safe, maybe they're not, we don't know yet. But it's pretty ignorant from a noob like you to just give them a free pass and to defend food terrorists because you're such a fucking ignorant noob. You should stick to banning people for no reason, isn't that why you're here?

Last edited:
Yet the company that is seeking to make farming easier, quicker and more efficient get demonized and protested unmercifully!

the wacko anti-jewish conspiracy theory does not make them altruists. nor does it excuse their crimes against the environment.

The Jewish conspiracy is just one of many against them. What is their crime against the environment please educate us?

Yet the company that is seeking to make farming easier, quicker and more efficient get demonized and protested unmercifully!

the wacko anti-jewish conspiracy theory does not make them altruists. nor does it excuse their crimes against the environment.

The Jewish conspiracy is just one of many against them. What is their crime against the environment please educate us?

Monsanto settles U.S. chemical pollution lawsuits | Reuters

"If Monsanto hid what it knew about its toxic pollution for decades, what is the company hiding from the public now?"
http://www.chemicalindustryarchives.org/dirtysecrets/annistonindepth/intro.asp

Last edited:
Perhaps they would have better PR if they didn't sue farmers when their intellectual property (read: airborne seeds) ended up on these farmer's property. It kinda makes you look like a bully.

Yeah, the wind blows and the small family farmer has to go up against the Koch brothers.

Ya wanna guess which one will keep the other tied up in court for a couple hundred years?

WHY are RWs so against small family owned farms?

Yeah, I know - because they're not owned by the god damned Kochs.

:cuckoo:

Could you possibly be any more pathetically ignorant or more willfully blind?

No, I didn't think so.
:lmao:

So Monsanto shouldn't be able to protect their intellectual property? Why do you say that? Should green energy providers that are pouring millions of dollars in research to get that break-through, not be able to protect their innovations when they come? Or are you only against a company that has increased the food supply doing this?

All you hear is how evil this company is. That they are killing off the honeybees, causing birth defects in children, creating a terminator seed to kill life and oh my favorite Monsanto is run by Jews to destroy the world (because a great conspiracy can't have anyone other than the Jews as the devil)!

Jewish conspiracy theory:
http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=...4j7QfKbHRUMXWMA&bvm=bv.71778758,d.aWw&cad=rja

Nevertheless, the companies goal is to feed the world and reduce food prices. Yes they modify crops and cross-breed crops, but this has been done throughout history. The modify the crops to be resistant to pests, insect-ides and weeds. The modify the crops to lower the harvest time frames and increase yields.

Famine around the world is still an issue. Even a bigger issue that touches all of us is that inflation has increased food prices so much more and more of the family disposable income goes to buying food. Heck in the US food stamps are at an all time high.

Nevertheless, the companies goal is to feed the world and reduce food prices.
Bullshit! :bs1:

Monsanto does'nt want to feed the world.

They want to control the world food supply.

Big difference.

Monsanto Seeks to Control World?s Food » CounterPunch: Tells the Facts, Names the Names

You know cross-breeding of crops to make they more efficient and grow better has gone on for thousands of years. We have started to perfect it via the use of genetic manipulation. This manipulation allows our crops to fight off pests, weeds, pesticides, disease, grow quicker and produce larger yields!

First, Monsanto doesn't have even close to a monopoly, HOWEVER, GMO seeds have definitely taken the vast majority of the market and why wouldn't farmers buy them. They get them at a cheaper price, they are less affected by pests, weed and disease, they grow quicker and produce a bigger yield, which ends up producing a higher profit. It's a no brainer when it comes down to it!

Lots of babble there for certain.. THe argument is NOT greater yield.. It's lower labor costs and the ability to EXPAND the acreage with lower costs of production. THUS "feeding the world". You don't need more yield per acre.. You simply spend less time and money per acre so that you can cultivate MORE.. And the argument that organic methods can increase yield 116% is just bunk without a matching statement of the costs involved. YIELD is not PRODUCTIVITY.

But of course, anti-science leftists don't understand the underlying economics behind their emotional arguments.

One thing to remember is that biotechnology has dramatically changed the world. From the dawn of the market revolution until now, agriculture has morphed from subsistence farming to the abundant yields that allow idiotic schemes like ethanol as fuel.

The market revolution is credited by most anthropologists for creating the industrial revolution. It was the plentiful crops that agricultural advances brought about that allowed men to leave the fields and create the factories and cities that created the modern world. Starvation in the civilized world is something of the distant past, and even in the third world is dropping dramatically - all because of the scientific approach to agriculture and the astounding yields that have resulted.

Bear in mind that leftism is ultimately the hatred of mankind. Ask any leftist what is wrong with the world, and the root answer will be people. Whether this is in the guise of AGW, pollution, consumerism, overcrowding, etc. - ultimately, the "'solution" sought by the left is less people. Science, and especially agricultural science allows more people to live. Rational people see the eradication of starvation as a great thing, but the leftists sees this as a problem of more people. Rational people see the reduction in labor as a means to free up resources for the betterment of mankind - the leftist sees it as a means of adding to the population to create more pollution and carbon dioxide.

The radical left is abjectly anti-science. Sure, they cling to the hokey religion of anthropogenic global warming - but AGW itself is anti-science, so this fits with the ignorance and spite that define the left. Leftism is simply a manifestation of ones hatred for life and the living.

That way he can get more government money when his crop fails.

Monsanto crop system is failing, Stine has always out-yielded Monsanto. That is why Monsanto bought seeds & germ licenses from Stine. You people are clueless.

I read this is true but Monsanto has more Repub money behind them. They WILL win and the US will lose.

KissMy - get out of farming. There's no future in it because the GOP WILL drive you out. I don't think there's any doubt of that.

Who signed into law the Monsanto Protection Act?
Obama signs 'Monsanto Protection Act' written by Monsanto-sponsored senator ? RT USA

"If Monsanto hid what it knew about its toxic pollution for decades, what is the company hiding from the public now?"
The Inside Story: Anniston, Alabama: Introduction

Congrats !!! You caught a fact. Here's another.. Monsanto operates 144 facilities in 33 states. Or over 440 world-wide. And you found ONE factory who's purpose was supporting the Vietnam War under govt. contract to complain about. They lost. Justice is served. What else ya got??

Any idea how many melting barrels of GOVERNMENT nuclear waste are sitting at Hanford and Savannah River ? You best put THAT enviro-fuck on your radar..

The Inside Story: Anniston, Alabama: Introduction

Congrats !!! You caught a fact. Here's another.. Monsanto operates 144 facilities in 33 states. Or over 440 world-wide. And you found ONE factory who's purpose was supporting the Vietnam War under govt. contract to complain about. They lost. Justice is served. What else ya got??

Any idea how many melting barrels of GOVERNMENT nuclear waste are sitting at Hanford and Savannah River ? You best put THAT enviro-fuck on your radar..

You're gonna make his brain explode.
Both cells.

A food terrorist like Monsanto wants everyone to eat their Frankenfoods, even against their will, which will reduce the variety of foods we eat as well as possible unknown consequences from eating such Frankenfood.

You don't do the grocery shopping -- do ya? Name me a Frankenfood and the list of proven ills that it causes..

"possibly other unknown consequences" just doesn't seem to frighten me enough..
Monsanto is using us as guinea pigs for their Frankenfoods. Maybe they're safe, maybe they're not, we don't know yet. But it's pretty ignorant from a noob like you to just give them a free pass and to defend food terrorists because you're such a fucking ignorant noob. You should stick to banning people for no reason, isn't that why you're here?

They have been tested repeatedly, and the only people that think they aren't safe are the anti science, anti progress loons.

Forum List

Back