More Proof the skeptics are WINNING!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
In the 1960's I started my first job in Dallas, one of the hottest places, I ever lived but it was cool compared to today. In 1960 in Dallas there were 84 days when the temperature went above 90. In 1987 it 92 days, days in 2018 in 99 days, and now it looks like 127 days in 2067.

And you don't think that may have something to do with the incredible increase in concrete and asphalt poured over that particular geographical location.

Here, have a look at Weatherford, Tx...just a skip and a jump to the east. A location that hasn't had a trillion tons of concrete and asphalt poured over its surface. These trend graphs go back to the 1950's. Note that when you got there, the cooling trend in your area was almost a decade old

WEATHERFORD_TX_numberDaysAboveMaximumTemperatureThreshold95F_Jun_Aug_1950_2017_shadow.png

WEATHERFORD_TX_numberDaysAboveMaximumTemperatureThreshold90F_Jun_Aug_1950_2017_shadow.png

WEATHERFORD_TX_AverageMaximumTemperature_Jun_Aug_1950_2017_shadow-1024x479.png

Here are the unadjusted temperatures for all USHCN stations in Texas and Oklahoma.

June-To-August-USHCN-RAW-TMAX-Vs-Year-1907-2017-At-All-TX-OK-USHCN-Stations_shadow-1024x826.png

Your region isn't getting hotter and is in fact, cooling. You just live in a rapidly growing concrete and asphalt heat sink. When you feel like you are living in unprecedented climate times, refer to the facts rather than your flawed, and very short memory and you will find that your climate is quite pleasant compared to what it has been in the past.

Hey man....outstanding post. Very interesting stuff! Wonder how that effects NYC? People who have never been here cant begin to imagine the area of buildings we have here as compared to other cities. You drive by Philly in about 5 minutes it's so puny by comparison.....gotta have a similar impact on temps!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back