Mueller report to be released Thursday

5cb8a2ec230000c003ea21ff.jpeg

The attorney general acted more like Donald Trump’s personal lawyer than the head of the Justice Department.

William Barr Might As Well Have Been Wearing A MAGA Hat At The Mueller Briefing

Shame on Barr!

No, it goes back to when O was ordering spying and Clinton was ordering Steele to provide info to her personal, gestapo, FBI. That's where the shame lies. You're not bright enough to see it though.

"for several month, Papadopolous worked with Mifsud and two Russian nationals to arrange a meeting between the campaign and the kremlin" - Bob S Mueller...DING DING DING COLLUSION COLLUSION COLLISION

We were provided another example today of the screwed up Trump administration. According to The Hill, President Trump announced Wednesday that Barr would be holding a press conference and that he also might hold his own conference. Strange, this came from the President, not the Department of Justice.

It gets even stranger. Attorney General William Barr will hold a press conference Thursday morning on the release of special counsel Robert Mueller’s report before or soon after the Mueller Report is released. He will take questions, the DOJ got around to saying.

It’s not clear if the press conference will come before or after the release of the final 400-page report and its color-coded redactions.

How in the world can reporters ask intelligent questions about the Mueller Report without seeing its contents? Now that his strange. It is also pure Trump.

There are also questions about Barr's objectiveness based upon his findings late last month. Barr and his deputy, Rod Rosenstein, determined that Trump did not illegally obstruct justice and said the special counsel found no conspiracy between the Trump campaign and Russia’s 2016 election interference. Also, Barr told lawmakers that FBI officials were “spying” on the Trump campaign. Now that is strange. Again, pure Trump.

On another front, members of Congress will be able to see the Mueller Report "without certain redactions" after its public release, the Justice Department announced Wednesday. The disclosure of a version of the report without "certain redactions" came in a filing late Wednesday in the Roger Stone prosecution.

Again, the Trump administration is being coy with the English language. Unveil two sentences from the redacted version and you get the report "without certain redactions." What exactly does "without certain redactions" mean other than allowing as many redactions as Barr desires?

Barr refuses to give our representatives in Congress an unredacted version of the Mueller Report. There is very little doubt that Barr is trying to protect Trump from the report. He wants to put his spin on the report before Americans see it.

It won't work.

You are REALLY reaching for stuff to be "outraged" about. Just couldn't sustain your pre-emptive fury about eeeevil redactions you "just knew" were going to happen, huh?

There's nothing strange about Trump mentioning Barr's press conference while announcing that he might", have one himself. Trump feels the need to comment on every damned thing imaginable. And if you're going to cite The Hill as your source for, "Ooooh, it's so weird that the guy the DOJ works for 'announced' it!", you might try reading some of their OTHER stories.

Barr to hold Thursday press conference on Mueller report

Attorney General William Barr will hold a press conference Thursday morning on the release of special counsel Robert Mueller’s report, the Department of Justice (DOJ) announced Wednesday.

Both Barr and Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein, who previously oversaw the Mueller probe, will be at the press conference, scheduled for 9:30 a.m.

President Trump also said Wednesday that Barr would be holding a press conference and that he also might hold his own conference.

Furthermore, this pretense of "OMG, this is the ONLY chance reporters will EVER have to ask questions about the Mueller Report!" is pathetically dumb. And don't think we don't know that if he hadn't scheduled a press conference for release day, but had waited until after everyone had time to study it, THEN you'd have been screeching about, "Why is he hiding from the press?!" Obviously, the answering of questions on this is going to be an ongoing process for a while.

It's fairly hard to respond to your "AHA!" moment about "certain redactions", since you didn't cite a source for it. If I had to guess on the basis of being a sensible, rational adult, I'd say it means there are some redactions that can't be released to the general public, but can be to members of Congress, as opposed to those which can't be released at all.

As for your last little point, all I heard was, "I am entitled to whatever I want, whenever I want it! Fuck the laws, fuck people's rights, the ONLY reason to refuse me my whims is a cover up, because I want to believe that!"

It's true that Mueller said, "A statement that the investigation did not establish particular facts does not mean there was no evidence of those facts." Yes, because... you can't prove a negative. It's a trivial point. His entire mandate was to establish conspiracy. He did not.

Wrong you may not know it because of TDS but everyone else does...
No, only those who have read the report could possibly know that. You confuse your cult beliefs with knowledge.

Riiiiiiight. There could be some bombshell in there that somehow didn't make it into the conclusions, OR the summary of the conclusions, OR Mueller and/or his team saying, "Hey, you're lying about what we said!"

Maybe the Blue Fairy will wave her wand over the report and change everything.

So what?

Didn't Jerrold Nadler and Adam Schiff say that they had irrefutable proof of collusion? Where is it?

You know as well as I that the report could say that President Donald Trump can walk on water, and Progressives will be posting headlines that TRUMP CAN'T SWIM! TRUMP CAN'T SWIM! WE DEMAND HE RESIGN OR FACE IMPEACHMENT!

As you know, Democrats already have their comments slamming the report and more, all ready prepared. They will cite all the redactions as concealing the part stating that proves President Trump colluded with the Russians and is a secret agent.

You guys have become jokes.

I disagree!!!

They were already jokes. This is not a new development. :D

There is no doubt - Barr is Trump's defense attorney and fixer. Like Michael Cohen used to be - but more powerful.

Mueller would certainly speak out if he thought Barr was incorrectly stating Muellers report.
No. But people on his team did.

No, they didn't. "Sources close to people on the Mueller team" said a bunch of vague shit. We have no idea who those people actually are, or if Mueller's team actually said anything meaningful at all.

If Barr were lying about the report, it would NOT be obscure references to "highly placed sources". It would be Mueller himself, denouncing Barr.

Mueller would certainly speak out if he thought Barr was incorrectly stating Muellers report.

Mueller will speak when he's ready. It still too early.

It's too early for him to say, "Hey, that summary of my conclusions is wrong!"? Yeah, that's what it is. Never lose hope . . . until it's competely crushed from your tiny, obsessive TDS mind by reality. It's more fun that way.

Any such speaking out would result in this sort of knee jerk reaction: Mueller's Leaky Boat, Leaks Again. Can't this guy keep his pie hole shut?

Nobody from Mueller's team will be at Barr's press conference. Which means either they were ordered to be there, or they dont agree with Barr. Either way its Barr doesnt have legitimacy.

Or you're just frantically, desperately grasping at straws.

The anticipation is palpable. BTW, true Christians wouldn't be releasing the findings of such a historical investigation on the eve of a major religious holiday like Easter. Just sayin'...

BTW, true Christians don't look to the likes of you for advice on how to practice their faith. For that matter, true thinking adults don't look to you for anything but schadenfreude and comic relief.

Just sayin' . . .

Forum List

Back