My experience/views on black people... am I a racist?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Btw, I grew up within spitting distance of NASA, and there are people still alive and around here who were present at that place and time...... and they called bullshit on that fairy tale.
And the people who work at Microsoft in the cafeteria, the company store, keeping the campus clean and well maintained, etc. can truthfully state that they work for Microsoft but for most people that's not what comes to mind when someone states they "came" from Microsoft.

These people you know, do they have clearances and worked on the space program with Katherine Johnson, Mary Jackson and Dorothy Vaughan, the women whose lives the story was based on?

I honestly don't understand why you automatically default to a negative perspective when it comes to black people. Even if you strip away the movie, these were extraordinary women who acomplished what they did during a time when legal segregation was the law of the land. Why are you so resistent to the fact that there are plenty of outstanding and intelligent and kind African Americans? Why does that thought bother you so much that you have to deny everything that is said by anyone (or at least me) who tries to enlighten you?
But he says his wife is black.
So are more than half my uncles and most of my cousins.
So what?
Do you have any bi-racial children?
Yes...... but again, so what?
Because you seem hostile to black people.

I understand that your wife and children are special to you, as they should be, but it says something that you are so negative in your attitude towards African Americans that I can't help but wonder if it spills over and colors the way you interact with your own family.

And I'm truly not trying to insult you, I just don't understand why all of the animosity towards people who have personally caused you no harm.
Blatant attempts to guilt, shame and manipulate piss me off.
As do people who are apologists for the ones who act that way.

And if you ain't one of my tribe then I owe you nothing.
No one asked you for anything, and I think you're leaving something out.

Who do you think is trying to guilt, shame and/or manipulate you or anyone else and manipulate into doing what exactly?

There are several conversations going on at the same time and I thought that the reason you didn't like the debate we held over the weekend is because you thought I was lying and being dishonest when I stated that the U.S. was based on the premise of white supremacy. Because of your reaction I got the impression that you had never seen the writings from the state of Texas which clearly outlined the opinion of those speaking on behalf of the white race that it was superior to the black race and the only role the black race had according to God was in subservience to the white race. And all of the other truly appalling things they had to say about black people.

All of that which was written is documented history and while you feel that "someone" is trying guilt, shame and/or manipulate others how do you think it feels to have people continuously saying negative things about your or your people that they KNOW is untrue? You're talking about feelings that pertain to things that haven't been done to you or yours (I'm not sure if your wife and children are black how exactly they escaped) while we're talking about things that have actually occured to us and ours.

So why all of the animosity? We haven't done anything to you.
Anything except accuse me of being a racist, you mean.

And my animosity is directed at people who piss me off.... the fact that they might be black is important to you, not me.
You descibed them as being black, not me.

Do you at least now believe I was speaking truthfully when I made my introductory statement in our debate on Saturday? Or do you still believe my statements were dishonest and only made to further some unknown agenda?
I think you do have an agenda, whether you realize it or not.
Are you claiming I have a hidden agenda, because I outlined my beliefs in my opening statement. None of you agreed with it and then used that position as justification for not contributing an actual rebuttal to my statements.

Speaking of hidden, did you see the news article from today regarding Mary Jackson NASA's first African American female engineer? We were just discussing this last night:
NASA to name DC headquarters after 'hidden figure' Mary W. Jackson

Last year, Jackson and "Hidden Figures" colleagues Katherine Johnson, Dorothy Vaughan and Christine Darden were awarded Congressional Gold Medals, and Congress voted to rename the street outside NASA's D.C. headquarters Hidden Figures Way.
Do you believe white people are oppressing black people right now, today?
Because it seems to me like you do.
Your agenda seems to be advancing that narrative.
You believe in teflon history. White racism still exists. That's our point.

Btw, I grew up within spitting distance of NASA, and there are people still alive and around here who were present at that place and time...... and they called bullshit on that fairy tale.
And the people who work at Microsoft in the cafeteria, the company store, keeping the campus clean and well maintained, etc. can truthfully state that they work for Microsoft but for most people that's not what comes to mind when someone states they "came" from Microsoft.

These people you know, do they have clearances and worked on the space program with Katherine Johnson, Mary Jackson and Dorothy Vaughan, the women whose lives the story was based on?

I honestly don't understand why you automatically default to a negative perspective when it comes to black people. Even if you strip away the movie, these were extraordinary women who acomplished what they did during a time when legal segregation was the law of the land. Why are you so resistent to the fact that there are plenty of outstanding and intelligent and kind African Americans? Why does that thought bother you so much that you have to deny everything that is said by anyone (or at least me) who tries to enlighten you?
So what?

I understand that your wife and children are special to you, as they should be, but it says something that you are so negative in your attitude towards African Americans that I can't help but wonder if it spills over and colors the way you interact with your own family.

And I'm truly not trying to insult you, I just don't understand why all of the animosity towards people who have personally caused you no harm.

Who do you think is trying to guilt, shame and/or manipulate you or anyone else and manipulate into doing what exactly?

There are several conversations going on at the same time and I thought that the reason you didn't like the debate we held over the weekend is because you thought I was lying and being dishonest when I stated that the U.S. was based on the premise of white supremacy. Because of your reaction I got the impression that you had never seen the writings from the state of Texas which clearly outlined the opinion of those speaking on behalf of the white race that it was superior to the black race and the only role the black race had according to God was in subservience to the white race. And all of the other truly appalling things they had to say about black people.

All of that which was written is documented history and while you feel that "someone" is trying guilt, shame and/or manipulate others how do you think it feels to have people continuously saying negative things about your or your people that they KNOW is untrue? You're talking about feelings that pertain to things that haven't been done to you or yours (I'm not sure if your wife and children are black how exactly they escaped) while we're talking about things that have actually occured to us and ours.

And my animosity is directed at people who piss me off.... the fact that they might be black is important to you, not me.

Do you at least now believe I was speaking truthfully when I made my introductory statement in our debate on Saturday? Or do you still believe my statements were dishonest and only made to further some unknown agenda?
The agenda is the end of white supremacy. Apparently your agenda is to maintain it.
Nah, that ain't it.

My agenda is to make sure my offspring are able to live as freely as possible.

So what?

Are you claiming I have a hidden agenda, because I outlined my beliefs in my opening statement. None of you agreed with it and then used that position as justification for not contributing an actual rebuttal to my statements.

Speaking of hidden, did you see the news article from today regarding Mary Jackson NASA's first African American female engineer? We were just discussing this last night:

Last year, Jackson and "Hidden Figures" colleagues Katherine Johnson, Dorothy Vaughan and Christine Darden were awarded Congressional Gold Medals, and Congress voted to rename the street outside NASA's D.C. headquarters Hidden Figures Way.
So what?

So does every other kind.

Get over it already.

So what?

The agenda is the end of white supremacy. Apparently your agenda is to maintain it.
Nah, that ain't it.

Your offspring won't live freely as long as white supremacy exists.

So what?

So what?

Get over it already.
Every other kind has not been enforced by law and policy.
Grow up and face the truth.

So what?

Nah, that ain't it.

Your offspring won't live freely as long as white supremacy exists.
I don't think people like you are very good for them either.

So what?

So what?

Get over it already.

Sure it has, all throughout history.

"You are a stupid ass. America never legalized slavery. The piece of real estate you call the United States was governed by Great Britain until the War of Independence. When the Constitution of the United States was ratified, it set a date for the importation of slaves to be halted. By that time more than half of the states had already outlawed slavery and slavery was not a federal issue. It was under state jurisdiction.

Everything I have, I earned by the sweat of my own brow. I can tell you what it's like to work 14 hour days six to seven days a week. The government hasn't given me shit. Governments cannot give anybody anything until they first take it from someone. I paid into Socialist Security for years and now the government cannot guarantee me that I will even get the principal amount back. That is how it works. If anybody lives in a world of delusion, it would be you.

I work; I produce; the government exists because of people like me that create wealth. The people who live on the government dole like you may be beholden to the government thinking that is how the rest of us get to live, but let me tell you a secret zoquete, I've poured concrete, shoveled dirt with a shovel, and carried loads my own body weight and more over the course of many years while working my way through school. Your lazy ass would have collapsed in a day doing the kinds of work I had to do. Not all of us are Democrats."

Whites have been given everything they have by the government. That is a documented fact. Racists like this assume since I am black that I live off the government. I live off earnings I produced and invested. If I did live off the government, then I am getting back taxes taken from my paychecks from the time I was 14 until the age of 52 and from income taxes I payed annually from the age of 24 until 52. We put money in the pot just like whites, but our money goes to build shit for whites.

Son I bailed hay, did landscaping, moved furniture, washed dishes, worked on grills in 100 degree heat and did janitorial work. I went to school on a wrestling scholarship that paid tuition and books. I worked at a landscape company in the offseason. Don't lecture me about hard work punk, if you had to endure 3 days of what blacks do, you'd eat a bullet.

So what?

So what?

Get over it already.

That dodge doesn't get it because race was never a consideration until the 1500's.

So what?

So what?

Get over it already.

That dodge doesn't get it because race was never a consideration until the 1500's.
How the hell would you know?

Rockwell, slavery was legal in the U.S. until the emancipation proclamation.

So what?

So what?

Get over it already.

Because I studied it.

So what?

So what?

Get over it already.

Because I studied it.
So nowhere in the world before the 1500s did anyone care about race?
I find that hard to believe.

But you only care when it's white people, right?
Only white people codified racism and enforced it by law.
You sure about that?
Who else in America codified racism and enforced it by law?
In America? No one I can think of (although the Comanches were pretty fucking serious about ridding their territory of white folks), but when did I say only in America?
Because we are talking about America. The Commanches? LOL! This is an example of white psychosis.

So what?

So what?

Get over it already.

Because I studied it.
So nowhere in the world before the 1500s did anyone care about race?
I find that hard to believe.
That's what the evidence shows. There were no racial classifications until that time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back