My MAIN and ONLY reason why I'll vote for Hillary Clinton

Nader, The USSC and the hanging chad did not cost Al Gore the 2000 general election but the mere fact he lost his home state cost him that election.

So put the blame where it belongs and if someone can not win their home state during a Presidential Election they do not deserve to be President...

Well, you're partially correct.....Gore got about 500,000 MORE in popular votes....and neither Romney nor Ryan were able to carry their respective home states.

But we're arguing history and one does not have to be overly cynical to conclude that the SCOTUS selected or elected GWB.

Soooo. You're a fool then. Ok, that explains a lot.

Soooo.....You just don't understand the importance of SCOTUS appointments. That explains everything.

Roberts upheld Obamacare, Kennedy upholds everything. What difference does it make?

There's more than five justices. Try again.

I don't know what that means, but I'm pointing out that it's a waste of time to vote for Republicans based on Supreme court nominees. It doesn't make any difference. We still get no Constitutional limits on government

I assumed it was because your balls have been removed.

We assumed you didn't have any in the first place.

That the royal we, Queen Elizabeth? Just curious why you think your opinion is so worthless it doesn't stand on it's own

When you get ahold of yourself, and we know it's not quite a handful, try being coherent.

I'm just curious why you need the validation of others to have an opinion and why you think your opinion isn't worth anything on it's own

Nader, The USSC and the hanging chad did not cost Al Gore the 2000 general election but the mere fact he lost his home state cost him that election.

So put the blame where it belongs and if someone can not win their home state during a Presidential Election they do not deserve to be President...

Well, you're partially correct.....Gore got about 500,000 MORE in popular votes....and neither Romney nor Ryan were able to carry their respective home states.

But we're arguing history and one does not have to be overly cynical to conclude that the SCOTUS selected or elected GWB.

The Florida Supreme Court selected Gore, and got their hands slapped.

You want judges that ignore the constitution? So you are corrupt. got it

...the alternatives are outrageous...

I wouldn't call Gary Johnson outrageous...

I would call him disingenuous though. When the Libertarian Party nominated him, he changed all his positions to librarian. That's why I didn't and won't vote for him. I don't believe him

As is your prerogative. Given a choice of candidates to believe, I would certainly choose Johnson over Clinton or Trump. Just sayin'.

Well, OK, if that's the standard, but that's so little of one

Well, it's not the only standard by which I would vote for Johnson, it's just the one you mentioned in your post...

When he served as governor of New Mexico, as a Republican, he was known more for his libertarian leanings. When he sought the nomination in 2011, as a Republican, he did so with what was basically a libertarian platform. It wasn't until he was shut out of the debates in 2011 that he officially switched to the Libertarian party.

I really don't think he's as disingenuous as you might think...

No matter, really. As long as folks vote their conscience...

• Thanks
Reactions: kaz

Popular vote does not elect the President, so that is a moot subject, and the fact is if Al Gore had won his home state then Bush would have never been President.

If you can not win your home state then you should lose your Presidential Bid...

Well, NOT that it'll make much difference to your biases, but ponder this:

A nationwide December 14–21, 2000 Harris poll asked "If everyone who tried to vote in Florida had their votes counted for the candidate who they thought they were voting for -- with no misleading ballots and infallible voting machines -- who do you think would have won the election, George W. Bush or Al Gore?". The results were 49% for Gore and 40% for Bush with 11% unable to make up their mind or not wishing to respond

Popular vote does not elect the President, so that is a moot subject, and the fact is if Al Gore had won his home state then Bush would have never been President.

If you can not win your home state then you should lose your Presidential Bid...

Fine.....have it your way.....but TN is not exactly known for being too liberal, too democratic or too progressive.

Fine.....have it your way.....but TN is not exactly known for being too liberal, too democratic or too progressive.

And yet Al Gore was a former Senator from that state...

And yet Al Gore was a former Senator from that state...

Al Gore should thank his father for ever becoming senator of that very conservative state.

Here's an example of how "liberal" Al Gore got elected as senator more based on his father's reputation.......

• Al Gore Sr. voted against the Civil Rights Act of 1964.

• Al Gore Sr. participated in a 74 day filibuster to delay and weaken the legislation.

• Al Gore Sr. proposed an amendment to the Civil Rights Act that would have kept federal funds flowing to schools that defied court desegregation orders. It was defeated by a vote of 74-25. 23 Democrats and 1 Republican voted for it.

Well, NOT that it'll make much difference to your biases, but ponder this:

A nationwide December 14–21, 2000 Harris poll asked "If everyone who tried to vote in Florida had their votes counted for the candidate who they thought they were voting for -- with no misleading ballots and infallible voting machines -- who do you think would have won the election, George W. Bush or Al Gore?". The results were 49% for Gore and 40% for Bush with 11% unable to make up their mind or not wishing to respond

Isnt' that nice.

a 'poll'.

and if it hadnt' been for the Butterfly Ballot, and if it hadn't been for yada yada yada.

FLSC voted 7-0 in favor of Gore, went to SCOTUS, they sent it back, 'wadda feck yu talkin bout', FLSC revoted, came back 4-3 in favor of Gore.

the dissenting opinion said something to the effect of the vote causing catastrophic damage to the Constitution.

I'd post the link, but that was 3 computers ago, and the second one crashed, destroying all bookmarks.

Not that you would care anyway, considering YOUR biases

The selection of THREE Supreme Court Justices.......

Three LIBERAL Supreme Court justices.

Since you support the selection of three LIBERAL Supreme Court justices, then your claim to be holding your nose while voting for Clinton is one big fucking pretense.

...the alternatives are outrageous...

I wouldn't call Gary Johnson outrageous...

I would call him disingenuous though. When the Libertarian Party nominated him, he changed all his positions to librarian. That's why I didn't and won't vote for him. I don't believe him

As is your prerogative. Given a choice of candidates to believe, I would certainly choose Johnson over Clinton or Trump. Just sayin'.

Well, OK, if that's the standard, but that's so little of one

Well, it's not the only standard by which I would vote for Johnson, it's just the one you mentioned in your post...

When he served as governor of New Mexico, as a Republican, he was known more for his libertarian leanings. When he sought the nomination in 2011, as a Republican, he did so with what was basically a libertarian platform. It wasn't until he was shut out of the debates in 2011 that he officially switched to the Libertarian party.

I really don't think he's as disingenuous as you might think...

No matter, really. As long as folks vote their conscience...

I agree he leaned libertarian. And I don't remember the details now, but in the last election I remember a list of things that he changed his position on when he became the Libertarian candidate.

I'm probably more mad at the party. With Barr and Johnson, they appeared to me to be attention whoring rather than picking the best libertarian candidate to be the Libertarian candidate. I respect Barr, I used to live in the next district from his in Georgia, Newt's old district, LOL. but Barr is certainly not a libertarian

Forum List

Back