My own dayum OP ED about politics

Suddenly, the stupid left started screaming how great the guy was. And the stupid right started screaming how bad the guy was.

Who exactly said that he was a great guy? Must have missed that. I've heard a lot of Americans talk about the consequences of the targeted assassination of such a high level Iranian official. A lot of Trumpublicans want to blame Obama...of course, that's par for their course. But no one is calling him a great guy.

"Great guy" wasn't an exact quote. Oh wait, I get it. You got the point of the OP ED. And you probably agreed with some of it. But your left/right leaning ideology won't let you admit it. So you pick out a word or two to argue about.

Does that pretty much sum it up?

No it doesn't sum it up at all. "Who is screaming how great the guy was?" I haven't seen that at all. All I've heard is talk about the consequences of the targeted assassination of such a high level Iranian official.

It's a simple question. Do you have an answer?
He was not an untouchable

the guy was irans #1 terrorist

Someone's math is off: the U.S. - U.K. coup d'état in Iran was in 1953.

Suddenly, the stupid left started screaming how great the guy was. And the stupid right started screaming how bad the guy was.

Who exactly said that he was a great guy? Must have missed that. I've heard a lot of Americans talk about the consequences of the targeted assassination of such a high level Iranian official. A lot of Trumpublicans want to blame Obama...of course, that's par for their course. But no one is calling him a great guy.
He was no higher ranking than Admiral Yamamato of the Japanese navy in WWII

1943 we were at war with Japan. What is wrong with you people?
We have been at war with iran since 1979

Interesting war theory you have there. So the Raygun administration was actually traitors for secretly facilitated the sale of arms to Iran beginning in 1981? Sneaky bastards!

That's not true, but you know that.

Centrist: <shits pants>
Liberal: "You shit your pants".
Conservative: "you shit your pants".
Centrist: "I'm getting criticism from both sides, I must be doing something right".

Interesting war theory you have there. So the Raygun administration was actually traitors for secretly facilitated the sale of arms to Iran beginning in 1981? Sneaky bastards!

That actually would be treason.

A Texan once quipped that the only thing in the middle of the road are yellow lines and dead skunks

sitting on the fence or voting for third party losers accomplishes nothing

Oh yeah, because voting republican and/or democrat is working out soooooo well for the country, right?

Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight.

"Great guy" wasn't an exact quote. Oh wait, I get it. You got the point of the OP ED. And you probably agreed with some of it. But your left/right leaning ideology won't let you admit it. So you pick out a word or two to argue about.

No it doesn't sum it up at all. "Who is screaming how great the guy was?" I haven't seen that at all. All I've heard is talk about the consequences of the targeted assassination of such a high level Iranian official.

Never said he was. I just want to know who on the left side of the isle stupidly started screaming how great the guy was after he was assassinated.

That actually would be treason.

Yep, if we were at war with them. In reality they wanted to get Iran back as a customer for weapons and a supplier of oil. SOP.

You just completely missed the point, didn't you? I thought you were just being obtuse. But you really didn't get it, did you?

I'm a conservative who normally votes libertarian. I'm not a die hard libertarian because there's too many fake libertarians. And there's too many whacko libertarian supporters. Plus I don't have a "group mentality."

But let's get something straight. One reason people like Tulsi Gabbard are interesting (to say the least), along with people like Ron Paul and Justin Amash, is they're not scared to call out their own party, plus the other party when they need to be called out.

As it seems, the Republicans and democrats have been running this country for over 160 years now. Both sides have had their majorities. Both sides could've done some good for this country. And my "good," I don't mean these penny anti tax reductions. Spending decreases on one thing (while increasing something else 10 fold) I'm talking about actual good things. Like 50% tax reductions across the board. Spending decreases on things like foreign policy, bailouts, the MIC, and probably 1000 other things that could be cut. You know, things that actually have some bite. Ron Paul's 2012 budget proposal would've cut $1 trillion is NOW spending. Not 10 years, not 5 years. But not. And it didn't touch one dime of social security.

But when people who don't subscribe to the left or right's BS, they're deemed _________________< You fill in the blank with your own childishly irrelevant insult. And with people like me, who calls out both sides, we get attacked by both sides. I swear, both sides could be arguing about something (stupid) and get called out on it. Then suddenly the two sides are best friends and starts attacking the one that called them both out.

The point is. the R & D's like arguing so much, they don't even care about what they're arguing for/against. 90% of the R & D's who are arguing, didn't have a clue about Soleimani, until the news broke that he's been assassinated. Suddenly, the stupid left started screaming how great the guy was. And the stupid right started screaming how bad the guy was. When in reality, they didn't even know who he was.

Stupid stupid stupid. It reminds me of Gary Johnson "Aleppo" moment. The next week, Aleppo was the most searched word in the USA. But that didn't stop the left and right from bashing him about it.

You folks need a little Aloha spirit. Or a big Aloha kick in the butts to remind you that all this fighting between R & D voters, is only going to get us another president who's just as stupid as this one is, and the last, and the last and so forth and so on.

LET'S DANCE!!!!!!!!

Knowing your audience is half the battle.

Nobody has even been anywhere in the neighborhood of calling him a 'great guy'. Which is what you need in order to force your point that both sides are equal, you literally had to lie to get there. Good job.

Dide, there's like a million more examples to use. But I dare say you'd find something about any of them to argue about. Which is the point that you missed, too.

The point was pretty obvious and easy to understand. I even typed it out slowly. But you missed it.

You just completely missed the point, didn't you? I thought you were just being obtuse. But you really didn't get it, did you?

If "Great guy" wasn't the exact quote then what was it? Which liberal was speaking about him in positive terms? The point you're making in the OP kind of hinges on this.

Nobody has even been anywhere in the neighborhood of calling him a 'great guy'. Which is what you need in order to force your point that both sides are equal, you literally had to lie to get there. Good job.

Dide, there's like a million more examples to use. But I dare say you'd find something about any of them to argue about. Which is the point that you missed, too.

The point was pretty obvious and easy to understand. I even typed it out slowly. But you missed it.

No, you seem to be claiming that people on the left have made favorable comments about the guy. Who was it? What did they say? If you have a million examples then I'm sure you could find one, two or a hundred, right?

You have no point until you get this settled.

Until the Libertarian party starts running electable candidates in Congressional and Senate races, makes inroads into state legislatures, starts a real grassroots campaign in more localized elections, putting their policy views square into the public's eyes and quits running drooling idiots like Gary Johnson, we will for the time being stuck with a two party system.
For now they are just known as another pot legalization party.

I didn't care for Gary Johnson. But who friggin cares? Seriously, It's not like God himself could break through the hurdles the R & D's have lined up or anyone in a third party. Except at the local levels. But even those races have their own ridiculous hurdles. Why do you think the LP has to spend soooo much money on court cases, just to get on the ballots. Why is it impossible for even an LP state senate candidate to get on the debate stage with the R & D candidate. And most of the time, they're not even televised.
There's LP candidates running for offices all over this country. From school board members to the POTUS. Some, I'll admit, are just stupid. But so are the Trump's and Pelosi's.

We need to stop pretending that Libertarians are somehow moderate. Well, first they need to put together a sober party.

A Texan once quipped that the only thing in the middle of the road are yellow lines and dead skunks

sitting on the fence or voting for third party losers accomplishes nothing

You're right. Your losers have clearly done a much better job

Calling out their own kind!? I do all the time I say why aren’t we opening fire of invaders ? Why do we still have Muslims here trump!? We call him out all the time and all these things take time.. I believe over time as democrats get crushed republicans will implement things we really need

If that was even true, there'd be very few Trump supporters. He would've lost a bunch of them when he funded planned parenthood, HIS FIRST YEAR. And even less when he reauthorized FISA 702. And when he shoved the bump stock ban down our throats, he wouldn't have had enough to fight for him in the senate impeachment trial.
And let's not get into this this latest $1.4 trillion spending bill, that fund border walls in other countries. Or how he and Pelosi eliminated the debt ceiling for 2 years (so we might see just how much Trump's really spending)

Funny, a Trump supporting calling Trump out on anything is about as rare as Halley's comet.

He was so terrible, he was in Iraq to discuss things with Irans leadership. IIRC, someone from Saudi Arabia was going to be there too. I doubt he was there to kill anyone.

I do not accept your assertion that the left started screaming how great the guy was. It made your whole post seem disingenuous since there is no evidence that anyone on the left did that.

Forum List

Back