name a dozen people you would trust to rewrite the constitution

No, it can be rewritten, you can have a constitutional convention and it says in the document if you need to replace it, replace it. The only thing I would change would be the judiciary to be a lot less powerful as the founders intended

Nope. Don't think so. That would require the approval and participation of all the States to be covered by the new constitution. No way all the States are going to agree on anything. The last time it was tried we ended up with a war that lasted several years and the same Constitution.

The Civil War was not an attempt to rewrite the Constitution.

You don't think the CSA had or attempted to have a constitution?

One Anthony Scalia, plus Marc Levin, Jonathan Turley, Leonard Peikoff, and Victor Davis Hansen.

................. :iagree: .......................

One Anthony Scalia, plus Marc Levin, Jonathan Turley, Leonard Peikoff, and Victor Davis Hansen....., AND Ted Nugent :up: :clap:

oooooooh !!can i stand in for John Wayne and/or Ronald Reagan ???

Nope. Don't think so. That would require the approval and participation of all the States to be covered by the new constitution. No way all the States are going to agree on anything. The last time it was tried we ended up with a war that lasted several years and the same Constitution.

The Civil War was not an attempt to rewrite the Constitution.

You don't think the CSA had or attempted to have a constitution?

Yes the did, but they never tried to rewrite the federal Constitution. However, Lincoln did wipe his ass on the Constitution.

Don't think I can name a dozen but a few would be

Daniel Lazare ...... author of 'The Frozen Republic: How the Constitution Is Paralyzing Democracy'

Kevin Price Phillips .......(born 30 November 1940) is an American writer and commentator on politics, economics, and history. Formerly a Republican Party strategist before becoming an Independent, Phillips became disaffected with the party from the 1990s, and became a scathing critic..............author of 'The Emerging Republican Majority' .....and 'Arrogant Capital: Washington, Wall Street and the Frustration of American Politics'

Ralph Nader

Ron Paul

So you want to dispose of the Constitution altogether? I only wish democracy was paralyzed.

President Obama of course

John Kerry, Joe Biden and Hillary

They would be quick about it.

They'd just toss a copy of Das Kapital, Kritik der politischen Ökonomie on the desk and proceed with setting up the gulags.
And in those Gulags a complimentary copy of Rules For Radicals for your reading pleasure. (Careful though, there might be a pop quiz)!

Barack Obama
Paul Krugman
Paul Volcker
Zbigniew Brzezinski
Robert Gates

Have you read any of his books? Allow me to recommend Men In Black and Liberty and Tyranny. They can give you a much better insight as to his beliefs than my opinions might.

Read them both. Good books. I don't question his love of liberty for the people he thinks deserve liberty. It's the people that get in his way and the means he's all to willing to accept that bother me. As I said, he comes so damn close to being one of the greatest defenders of liberty around... then he puts his boot on the people that disagree with him or worse dare to have a different geo-political view than he does. It is for this reason that I'd have to think real hard on who to put on the list first Jon Stewart or Levin. Neither Stewart nor Levin make my list... but my gut says Stewart first.

Honestly I think Levin has a much better understanding of original intent than Stewart would ever have. I tried to avoid lawyers all together because I don't think they should be writing laws, there is an inherent conflict of interest.

I wonder if the fact that most lawyers in DC are democrats has swayed your opinion.

The reason I would lean to Stewart in that list I provided earlier, isn't because I think he knows the Constitution better than Levin. It's because I believe Stewart understands the true meaning of liberty better than Levin who has expressed on numerous occasions how liberty must be sacrificed to secure some supposed measure of security. For example, warrant-less wire taps, or boots on the ground occupying foreign soil and engaging in wars without congressional order. That and I have plenty of folks on my list that know the Constitution as well as if not better than both of them and I need a progressive to keep the conservatives in check (same sort of reason I put Lieberman on my list).

Course both of them may be completely different off mic/pen/camera.

Last edited:
Don't think I can name a dozen but a few would be

Daniel Lazare ...... author of 'The Frozen Republic: How the Constitution Is Paralyzing Democracy'

Kevin Price Phillips .......(born 30 November 1940) is an American writer and commentator on politics, economics, and history. Formerly a Republican Party strategist before becoming an Independent, Phillips became disaffected with the party from the 1990s, and became a scathing critic..............author of 'The Emerging Republican Majority' .....and 'Arrogant Capital: Washington, Wall Street and the Frustration of American Politics'

Ralph Nader

Ron Paul

So you want to dispose of the Constitution altogether? I only wish democracy was paralyzed.

WHat? no..I dont want to dispose of the constitution altogether. YOU wish Democracy/Republicanism was paralyzed???? ...why...Why argue against your own power.

We could randomly pick people off the street and have a better Congress...as an example the idiots all just voted to give a billion dollars to Ukraine...which will no doubt go to fund crooks

Can you name a dozen people you would trust to rewrite the constitution?

ok, simplify: name 5

I would trust the STATES to assemble their best and brightest to do the job.

And they would probably have to break out the binders with the names of the best qualified legislators and Constitutional law scholars.

I would hate for our limited knowledge to suggest less than the best for the job.

Why the States?

Because the ONLY reasonable proposal being mentioned to touch the Constitution is that of the mechanism described and discussed in Mark Levin's book, "The Liberty Amendments Restoring the American Republic," which calls for a States Convention to Amend the Constitution.

The Liberty Amendments Levin, Mark R./ Culp, Jason (NRT)/ Levin, Mark R. (NRT) : ISBN 39295 - Rakuten.com Shopping

Read the first Chapter here for free.

http://citadelcc.vo.llnwd.net/o29/network/Levin/hosted_files/LibertyAmendmentsCh1.pdf

Can you name a dozen people you would trust to rewrite the constitution?

ok, simplify: name 5

1. [MENTION=15512]Dante[/MENTION], 2. [MENTION=22295]emilynghiem[/MENTION], 3. [MENTION=26838]Ropey[/MENTION], 4, [MENTION=18990]Barb[/MENTION], 5 [MENTION=20450]MarcATL[/MENTION]

;)
You're too flattering.

I'm honored, however...I'm not worthy.

I wouldn't want anyone re-writing the Constitution. I like it the way it is - mostly. And I wouldn't support changing the Constitution based on 12- or 5-person re-write teams even if they wrote it exactly the way I want.

It takes two-thirds, and I advocate keeping it that way.

:iagree: Yep.

Last edited:
one thing that would help lessen the ease with which lobbyists influence Washington would be to increase the size of the House of Representatives.

The founders originally anticipated one Representative per around 50,000 persons. I think the ratio now is about 1 per 700,000. We could expand the house while simultaneously cutting the size of Congressional staffs.

If the American people were involved in the selection of the people to rewrite the Constitution, would they allow the type of framer that would compromise? Today's politicians seem to believe shutting down the government makes them macho, thinkers, statesmen or something. Nope, the people would not allow the compromising needed to create a working Constitution, and they would shut down that convention quickly.

If the American people were involved in the selection of the people to rewrite the Constitution, would they allow the type of framer that would compromise? Today's politicians seem to believe shutting down the government makes them macho, thinkers, statesmen or something. Nope, the people would not allow the compromising needed to create a working Constitution, and they would shut down that convention quickly.

I think people would pick wisely.....perhaps only piecemeal change would be made but a slow change may be the better anyway.

Compromise is the reason for the flaws in the Constitution.

Forum List

Back