🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

NASA's top global warming nut admits warming has stopped for 10 years...

LOL, you make me laugh. you compare CO2 in the atmosphere to a drop of poison on a person, but you cannot prove that either CO2 is an "earth poison" or that its % has been increased by man.

BTW, you do know that plant life actually likes CO2 don't you?

Not claiming it's a poison, that's just a strawman argument. If it hasn't been increased by man, to what do you attribute the rise since the advent of the Industrial Revolution? Everyone knows that plants like CO2, that's another irrelevancy that leads to the deniers' alternate strawman argument that ASW proponents want to elininate all CO2.

CO2 makes up .039% of the atmosphere today. it made up the same % in 1900.

your argument fails.

Your lie fails because there is plenty of ice in glaciers that show the percentage of CO2 in 1900 wasn't the same as today. You obviously think making up a lie matches known science. You're a fucking fool!

You can argue about it until you're blue in the face, but unless you can get China and India on board, NOTHING we do will make a damned bit of difference!

Are we to destroy our own economy for that??

No one wants to destroy the economy. That just the deniers' Chicken Little moment.

Really?
How much will it COST to reduce America's carbon emissions by 10%?
How many coal-fired power plants do you want to close?
How much will that raise the price of electricity?
How much will it raise the price of associated goods and services?
How many more manufacturing jobs do you want to outsource to China, who will GLADLY take them and RAISE their emissions by ANOTHER 10% per year?

Yes guy you are right, republicans have been doing everything in their powers to tank the Econ. So go sit down you little boy, your opinion on this is mute because your arguments seem to be formed after you sniffed glue.

Also there is a 99 percent consensus among climate scientists that climate change is happening, yet you are willing to agree with some NASA person? This shit make me nuts, there is o debate anymore in the science community about this. It is happening and humans do have a part in it. Both are factual.

actually the scientific community is divided about 50/50 on whether man has anything to do with climate change, but there is 99% agreement on the fact that the climate of the earth has always been changing and always will be long after man's short history on the planet is over.

Not claiming it's a poison, that's just a strawman argument. If it hasn't been increased by man, to what do you attribute the rise since the advent of the Industrial Revolution? Everyone knows that plants like CO2, that's another irrelevancy that leads to the deniers' alternate strawman argument that ASW proponents want to elininate all CO2.

your argument fails.

You lie fails because there is plenty of ice in glaciers that show the percentage of CO2 in 1900 wasn't the same as today. You obviously think making up a lie matches known science. You're a fucking fool!

no, dub. the fucking fool is you, you were a fool on AWE and you are a fool here. But if you have some proof on the atmospheric % of CO2 in 1900, lets see it. also, lets see what it was in 5000BC and 500,000 BC. There was ice in those years, right?

Also there is a 99 percent consensus among climate scientists that climate change is happening, yet you are willing to agree with some NASA person? This shit make me nuts, there is o debate anymore in the science community about this. It is happening and humans do have a part in it. Both are factual.

actually the scientific community is divided about 50/50 on whether man has anything to do with climate change, but there is 99% agreement on the fact that the climate of the earth has always been changing and always will be long after man's short history on the planet is over.

Your car changes it's direction, fool, does that mean you don't drive it?

your argument fails.

You lie fails because there is plenty of ice in glaciers that show the percentage of CO2 in 1900 wasn't the same as today. You obviously think making up a lie matches known science. You're a fucking fool!

no, dub. the fucking fool is you, you were a fool on AWE and you are a fool here. But if you have some proof on the atmospheric % of CO2 in 1900, lets see it. also, lets see what it was in 5000BC and 500,000 BC. There was ice in those years, right?

Try looking at any data, fool! You aren't worth to the time to discuss the matter. Nothing is real to a fool like you. You have nothing but made up lies to support your nonsense.

No one wants to destroy the economy. That just the deniers' Chicken Little moment.

Really?
How much will it COST to reduce America's carbon emissions by 10%?
How many coal-fired power plants do you want to close?
How much will that raise the price of electricity?
How much will it raise the price of associated goods and services?
How many more manufacturing jobs do you want to outsource to China, who will GLADLY take them and RAISE their emissions by ANOTHER 10% per year?

Yes guy you are right, republicans have been doing everything in their powers to tank the Econ. So go sit down you little boy, your opinion on this is mute because your arguments seem to be formed after you sniffed glue.

Hmmm, since obozo has been in office what has he done to improve the economy and what statistical proof can you offer that his policies have worked?

lower unemployment-----no
fewer in poverty-----no
fewer on foodstamps-----no
lower inflation-----no
lower gas prices----no
lower national debt----no

and BTW, no federal budget for over 4 years. Great job, obozo, you incompetent fraud.

Try looking at any data, fool! You aren't worth to the time to discuss the matter. Nothing is real to a fool like you. You have nothing but made up lies to support your nonsense.

you made the claim about glacial ice proving that CO2 is higher today than in the past. Did you make that up? If not, lets see the proof.

Uhhhhhh, Ok dub. it must be time for your meds, call the orderly, and just relax until he gets there, you might hurt yourself.

Your car changes direction because you make it change direction. The earth's climate will or will not change, and there is nothing you can do aboit it.

Redfish -

Do you honestly not realise that everything you have asserted on this thread is simply false scientifically?

A lot of the things we discuss on this board are matters of opinion - but this is not.

Claiming that man can not have an impact on climate is simply false. Any objective scientific source will confirm this and explain why. I gave the example earlier of the ozone hole - clear proof that man can, and has, impacted the atmosphere.

I don't undersand why you would post these myths when most people are obviously far more up to speed on the topic. It just makes you look silly.

actually the scientific community is divided about 50/50 on whether man has anything to do with climate change

Ok, now you simply HAVE to be kidding - this is just laugh out loud funny!

Name a SINGLE major scientific body which does not accept AGW. I can list 60 that do.

you made the claim about glacial ice proving that CO2 is higher today than in the past. Did you make that up? If not, lets see the proof.

I don't put up with fools like you. You said the present CO2 levels are the same as in 1900 and you need to prove that, not me. I know even those idiot sites aren't going to have even words saying something that stupid and you can't prove it. The only thing you have proven is you will say anything and treat it as a fact. You've lost all credibility just making that one statement.

I have lists of ice cores from all over the world and the data, but I'm not going to waste my time with an idiot like you. Ice cores have rings to show annual events and can be precisely dated by traces of radiation from nuclear testing. They can be dated to the year, you fucking fool!

Redfish -

Do you honestly not realise that everything you have asserted on this thread is simply false scientifically?

A lot of the things we discuss on this board are matters of opinion - but this is not.

Claiming that man can not have an impact on climate is simply false. Any objective scientific source will confirm this and explain why. I gave the example earlier of the ozone hole - clear proof that man can, and has, impacted the atmosphere.

I don't undersand why you would post these myths when most people are obviously far more up to speed on the topic. It just makes you look silly.

Look, I think we have a legitimate disagreement on this subject.
The reality of it is that both sides are based on opinions and not total facts.

I think that you are mixing pollution and climate impact. We agree that man has polluted the planet in some places, we also agree that cleaning up polluting activities is a good thing.

where we disagree, and the scientific community also disagrees, is on whether man has or ever could, change the climate of the planet.

It is also true that none of us will be around long enough to find out who is right.

Its a fun topic, but lets try to be realistic and not rant and rave claiming the one opinion is totally valid and the other is totally bogus.

I don't put up with fools like you. You said the present CO2 levels are the same as in 1900 and you need to prove that, not me. I know even those idiot sites aren't going to have even words saying something that stupid and you can't prove it. The only thing you have proven is you will say anything and treat it as a fact. You've lost all credibility just making that one statement.

I have lists of ice cores from all over the world and the data, but I'm not going to waste my time with an idiot like you. Ice cores have rings to show annual events and can be precisely dated by traces of radiation from nuclear testing. They can be dated to the year, you fucking fool!

Ok, lets see them. But you really don't have it do you? you are a fucking lying asshole just like you were on the other forums before you were banned. I won't waste any more time with you.

Your car changes direction because you make it change direction. The earth's climate will or will not change, and there is nothing you can do aboit it.

The Earth's climate has already been changed by man. If you idiots think you are going to avoid the cost of changing our energy consumption, you are mistaken. In the next 50 years, you're going to pay many times that cost. Get used to it, fool, because it isn't something you can put off on future generations!

actually the scientific community is divided about 50/50 on whether man has anything to do with climate change

Ok, now you simply HAVE to be kidding - this is just laugh out loud funny!

Name a SINGLE major scientific body which does not accept AGW. I can list 60 that do.

Really, I guess you missed the OP, or do you not consider NASA a valid scientific body?

Redfish -

I do agree with some of your points here, and certainly there are large areas of uncertainty remaining in this debate - although it has to be said that man's ability to impact the atmopshere is not one of them.

and the scientific community also disagrees

The thing you have to realise is that this really is no longer true. Of the major most significant international scientifi organisations - not one rejects the idea that human acitivity influences the climate. Fifty of fifty have stated that human acitivity is a factor.

Now granted there are still some scientists out there with opposing views and good on them for sticking to their guns, but this is not a 50/50 situation - it is a 99/1 situation.

That doesn't make the 1% wrong, but it does mean you are a very small minority.

man can certainly have a local impact on the environment

but to say that snow and the cold is caused by man made global warming

is absurd

in fact for the left all of our troubles originate from man made global warming

btw who is to say

that a little warmer planet is a bad thing

"Global temperatures are warmer than at any time in at least 4,000 years, scientists reported Thursday, and over the coming decades are likely to surpass levels not seen on the planet since before the last ice age.

Scientists say that if natural factors were still governing the climate, the Northern Hemisphere would probably be destined to freeze over again in several thousand years. “We were on this downward slope, presumably going back toward another ice age,” Dr. Marcott said.

Instead, scientists believe the enormous increase in greenhouse gases caused by industrialization will almost certainly prevent that.

The modern rise that has recreated the temperatures of 5,000 years ago is occurring at an exceedingly rapid clip on a geological time scale, appearing in graphs in the new paper as a sharp vertical spike. If the rise continues apace, early Holocene temperatures are likely to be surpassed within this century, Dr. Marcott said.

Dr. Mann pointed out that the early Holocene temperature increase was almost certainly slow, giving plants and creatures time to adjust. But he said the modern spike would probably threaten the survival of many species, in addition to putting severe stresses on human civilization.

“We and other living things can adapt to slower changes,” Dr. Mann said. “It’s the unprecedented speed with which we’re changing the climate that is so worrisome.”

So how do you determine who to believe? I have read so many differing opinions on global warming that I would agree it maybe happening but I'm not sure of all the disasters or what is causing it. Cooling and warming seem to be natural events on the earth. I really have no idea what to believe. Everyone seems to get their pockets lined on both sides of the issue and I'm sure that distorts much of the data.

Forum List

Back