Navy Seal dies after grueling "Hell Week" training

SEALS? What is the mission? They keep cranking out series of motivated kids into a system that doesn't exist. SEAL training is an evolution of the old UDT that paved the way for amphibious landings in WW2 Pacific. SEALS had virtually no presence in Korea or Vietnam and suddenly rose to prominence when the military mission was limited. The training relies primarily on the ability of candidates to withstand hypothermia and to paddle a rubber boat while almost unconscious? What's the point?
They do a lot of stuff you never hear about, by design.

They do a lot of stuff you never hear about, by design.
Granted these guys are well motivated and well trained. The last SEAL mission was the rescue of Capt Phillips and they did it well but how many SEAL's does it take these days? The book by Marcus Luttrell was about a failed mission in Afghanistan. Luttrell related in the book that he wonders what the hell SEALS were doing in the Afghanistan mountains. That's the point. Army Special Forces are well versed in mountain patrols and they ended up rescuing Luttrell. Marine Recon. types do the same thing. Is it possible that the SEALS have become the little unauthorized muscle of the CIA?

Granted these guys are well motivated and well trained. The last SEAL mission was the rescue of Capt Phillips and they did it well but how many SEAL's does it take these days? The book by Marcus Luttrell was about a failed mission in Afghanistan. Luttrell related in the book that he wonders what the hell SEALS were doing in the Afghanistan mountains. That's the point. Army Special Forces are well versed in mountain patrols and they ended up rescuing Luttrell. Marine Recon. types do the same thing. Is it possible that the SEALS have become the little unauthorized muscle of the CIA?
Shhhhhhhh! You know nothing about SEALs! Best keep it that way!

Ive seen many people speak highly of SEAL's, but I cant say Ive ever heard someone say that its cool when one dies in BUDS. What a weird take. :cuckoo:
Biff is an asshole gaslighter not deserving of living in a first world country.

There's an argument for you.
I was a volunteer role player for the SEALs for 11 years. We were bound by the strictest orders not to ever discuss what went on during training. We also had non-disclosure statements signed for "special" circumstances with all types of special ops units such as SEALs, Rangers, Special Forces, and Air Force Pararescue.

Remember the 4-barrel night vision goggles you first saw in the movie "Zero Dark Thirty". The SEALs were testing them I had the chance to wear them 2 years before anyone knew they existed. Of course I could not tell anyone anything about them.

I was a volunteer role player for the SEALs for 11 years. We were bound by the strictest orders not to ever discuss what went on during training. We also had non-disclosure statements signed for "special" circumstances with all types of special ops units such as SEALs, Rangers, Special Forces, and Air Force Pararescue.

Remember the 4-barrel night vision goggles you first saw in the movie "Zero Dark Thirty". The SEALs were testing them I had the chance to wear them 2 years before anyone knew they existed. Of course I could not tell anyone anything about them.
Luttrell spilled the beans in his book and frankly it's no big deal. SEALS are trained to withstand hypothermia. After BUD training they get the same advanced training as Army Rangers and Recon. Marines. There is nothing special about SEALs except the media hype.

You had shore duty for 11 years??

Forum List

Back