NBA Announces Plan To Use All Arenas As Polling Places For 2020 Election

This is very good news. Since republicans do all they can to prevent blacks and other democrats from voting, this will be very welcomed by millions of voters.

I hope that the NBA is able to open all of their arenas in every city they have one so that as many people can vote as possible.

Of course republicans won't like this. They hate people voting. They have worked long and hard for decades to prevent democrats from voting. They know if everyone who is a legal voter is allowed to vote, republicans lose.

The players and NBA deserve a very big thank you from all Americans.

fuck the NBA and their prima donnas....

You are the perfect example of what I stated in my OP.

Thank you for proving me right.

Personally, I think that anyone who says such things to solutions to make voting in person like you and trump demand people do, safe and easy to do is nothing but an UnAmerican partisan hack.

Real Americans would applaud all those who do what they can to help make it easy and safe to vote in person.

You aren't a real American.
Did you want to give me an example of an area that an NBA arena occupies that doesn't already have a polling place, Dana? Or are you going to just insult those who point out what an empty gesture this really is?
dana is kinda empty himself....but he is a Real American he likes the NBA....

Posts such as this have become the New Normal. Above and in many similar threads there is no actual thought expressed. The remarks are not rational rebuttals, simply childish attacks with no merit.

An NBA Arena can accommodate tens of thousands at a single time, using masks and social distancing, along with an enormous HVAC System, allows for the comfort and safety of the voters. Getting there maybe the only problem, but these pavilions have enormous parking lots (usually) and have close public transportation. Allowing for voting to be open for long hours, and even weeks before the election, seems to be a very good alterntive. Some urban cities do not charge fairs on public transit on election days.

Trump&Co. (including those above) know that when more voters vote Trump will lose; thus the effort to suppress voting by mail and providing other alternative means to cast a vote must be prevented.
i am part of the above posts rye.....i have voted absentee since last century.....and i still say piss on the NBA and their rich asswipe players....

I thought in person voting was irresponsible?
When social distancing is not possible it is irresponsible. In a arena social distancing is possible.
Right, because a line to get in is based on the space available inside....lol

You people crack me up.

I think you've been cracked up for years. Stir crazy, maybe? Arena's BTW have gates all away around, and lines can be apportioned so that social distancing can be accomplished.
Have you ever been to an arena? I'm thinking NO lol. I have, hundreds of times and The lines at an arena are NO DIFFERENT than the lines to get in anywhere else where popular activities occur. A bottleneck is a bottle neck no matter what entrance you are at. Amusement park, sporting event, concert, grocery store checkouts, drivers license facilities.... etc.

Stop talking out of your ass.
I’ve never been to an NBA game.
Tell me, do games start at one specific time or is it an all day from 7:00 am to 7:00 pm thing so it doesn’t matter what time you get there?

Posts such as this have become the New Normal. Above and in many similar threads there is no actual thought expressed. The remarks are not rational rebuttals, simply childish attacks with no merit.

An NBA Arena can accommodate tens of thousands at a single time, using masks and social distancing, along with an enormous HVAC System, allows for the comfort and safety of the voters. Getting there maybe the only problem, but these pavilions have enormous parking lots (usually) and have close public transportation. Allowing for voting to be open for long hours, and even weeks before the election, seems to be a very good alterntive. Some urban cities do not charge fairs on public transit on election days.

Trump&Co. (including those above) know that when more voters vote Trump will lose; thus the effort to suppress voting by mail and providing other alternative means to cast a vote must be prevented.
i am part of the above posts rye.....i have voted absentee since last century.....and i still say piss on the NBA and their rich asswipe players....

Envy huh, that's sad.

When social distancing is not possible it is irresponsible. In a arena social distancing is possible.

You people crack me up.

I think you've been cracked up for years. Stir crazy, maybe? Arena's BTW have gates all away around, and lines can be apportioned so that social distancing can be accomplished.
Have you ever been to an arena? I'm thinking NO lol. I have, hundreds of times and The lines at an arena are NO DIFFERENT than the lines to get in anywhere else where popular activities occur. A bottleneck is a bottle neck no matter what entrance you are at. Amusement park, sporting event, concert, grocery store checkouts, drivers license facilities.... etc.

I’ve never been to an NBA game.
Tell me, do games start at one specific time or is it an all day from 7:00 am to 7:00 pm thing so it doesn’t matter what time you get there?

Why post something like this ^^^, are you desperate for attention? Do you believe this post is funny or clever? It ain't.

So, masks work...............but only in certain buildings.

Got it.

You "Got it". That's truly funny.
Lunatics often laugh when their lunacy is exposed.

Really Dr. Fraud? Are you an authority on lunatics? Maybe you have some real personal experience on lunacy; your posts do suggest some expertise.
Some lunatics are easy to spot, even by a layman.

You people crack me up.

Yep, I've been to MLB, NFL and NBA games many many times, and even a couple of NHL Games. That said the games start at a certain time, and the lines you suggest occur a couple of hours before first pitch, first kickoff or first tip off.

Voting can occur from 7am to 8 pm, does that convince you that your comment was silly? Or do I need to spell it out for you?

You people crack me up.

Yep, I've been to MLB, NFL and NBA games many many times, and even a couple of NHL Games. That said the games start at a certain time, and the lines you suggest occur a couple of hours before first pitch, first kickoff or first tip off.

Voting can occur from 7am to 8 pm, does that convince you that your comment was silly? Or do I need to spell it out for you?
And voting in high population areas ALWAYS HAS LONG LINES because of peoples work schedules. Even the news reports on people being in line for hours to vote and polling places staying open WELL BEYOND normal hours to accommodate the long lines of people rushing to vote after work.

Bottom line is it doesn't matter how big the building is bud. THERE WILL BE LONG LINES.....PERIOD.
Waiting to check in....
Waiting to get your ballot...
Waiting for a booth/machine to open up...

Square footage is MEANINGLESS when the process is the same.

Failed thread is failed

But hey at least they got some of you to fall for their bullshit virtue signaling lol

You people crack me up.

Voting can occur from 7am to 8 pm,

Just like all the normal polling places you clowns claim are Kung Flu death traps.

Ask your handlers to make up your mind for ya.

You people crack me up.

And voting in high population areas ALWAYS HAS LONG LINES because of peoples work schedules. Even the news reports on people being in line for hours to vote and polling places staying open WELL BEYOND normal hours to accommodate the long lines of people rushing to vote after work.

Bottom line is it doesn't matter how big the building is bud. THERE WILL BE LONG LINES.....PERIOD.
Waiting to check in....

Propose to make voting day a national holiday and watch the Dimwingers scream. They don't want working folks voting.

Y'all remember the lines that were reported miles long in some locations? Now imagine those lines when people are forced to stand 6 feet apart lol
The line for voting in KC will start in St Louis

S!: We all saw the voters in Milwaukee standing in line on a sidewalk during the primary. The weather in Wisconsin is not delightful, especially in the late fall when the average temperature is 31 degrees.
Yep, it's up to people to social distance, and you can choose not to whether you are inside or outside.

A2: A mask is not to keep the wearer safe, it is to assure those around them that they are safe (how can you not know this?).
I've heard all the bs that goes along with the mask, I just don't buy it.

I'm all for doing it the way we normally do. It's your side that has been against the normal way.

Trump agrees also.

You people crack me up.

Waiting to check in....

Yep, that's why Republican Governors and Republican legislatures don't allow voting on Sundays or at times when working people are off of work. It people like you who will find any excuse to suppress the vote.

Why not admit that the current iteration of the Republican Party cannot win an election without lying and cheating. The current GOP is not the party of Lincoln or even Reagan; it is whatever Trump wants it to be, and trumpism is anti democratic and focused entirely on making the US into a neo fascist plutocracy.

Y'all remember the lines that were reported miles long in some locations? Now imagine those lines when people are forced to stand 6 feet apart lol
The line for voting in KC will start in St Louis

I doubt it. What is the weather like in late fall in November, average low is 36 degrees when working men and women vote before work or after work. Most will vote by mail, and whose to know if their vote is counted, since Trump has put a supporter in charge of our post office.

People will be inside and protected from the weather. Stadium seating can be used instead of standing in lines.

People will be inside and protected from the weather. Stadium seating can be used instead of standing in lines.
Do they set up voting polls in a parking lot where you are?

Forum List

Back