NBA Announces Plan To Use All Arenas As Polling Places For 2020 Election

Posts such as this have become the New Normal. Above and in many similar threads there is no actual thought expressed. The remarks are not rational rebuttals, simply childish attacks with no merit.

An NBA Arena can accommodate tens of thousands at a single time, using masks and social distancing, along with an enormous HVAC System, allows for the comfort and safety of the voters. Getting there maybe the only problem, but these pavilions have enormous parking lots (usually) and have close public transportation. Allowing for voting to be open for long hours, and even weeks before the election, seems to be a very good alterntive. Some urban cities do not charge fairs on public transit on election days.

Trump&Co. (including those above) know that when more voters vote Trump will lose; thus the effort to suppress voting by mail and providing other alternative means to cast a vote must be prevented.
i am part of the above posts rye.....i have voted absentee since last century.....and i still say piss on the NBA and their rich asswipe players....

Envy huh, that's sad.
no absentee......

People will be inside and protected from the weather. Stadium seating can be used instead of standing in lines.
Do they set up voting polls in a parking lot where you are?
No, but when lines are long people have to wait to get inside. Schools are used where I vote and lines are often stretched down the sidewalk.

Y'all remember the lines that were reported miles long in some locations? Now imagine those lines when people are forced to stand 6 feet apart lol
The line for voting in KC will start in St Louis

I doubt it. What is the weather like in late fall in November, average low is 36 degrees when working men and women vote before work or after work. Most will vote by mail, and whose to know if their vote is counted, since Trump has put a supporter in charge of our post office.
the president does not appoint the PMG.....the Board of Governors do that....

1599613792717.png

This is very good news. Since republicans do all they can to prevent blacks and other democrats from voting, this will be very welcomed by millions of voters.

I hope that the NBA is able to open all of their arenas in every city they have one so that as many people can vote as possible.

Of course republicans won't like this. They hate people voting. They have worked long and hard for decades to prevent democrats from voting. They know if everyone who is a legal voter is allowed to vote, republicans lose.

The players and NBA deserve a very big thank you from all Americans.

I applaud this move and encourage all Biden/Harris voters in NBA cities to turn out at their local arenas.
Given that polling places are established prior to elections and require all kinds of hoops jumped through to move, this will have the opposite effect than intended.

Forum List

Back