Never tell me America is racist: An open letter to protesters

Status
Not open for further replies.
The fact that its in there at all tells me the government endorsed slavery, therefore America was and still is a racist nation.

Guilt by association.

Your argument is invalid.

You completely ignored the fact that the government reformed itself, it admitted its sins and atoned for them, you seemingly are devoid of forgiveness.
How did our government atone for 181 years of racial hatred? When did it apologize and what specifically has it done to atone for it's sins, because some of the civil rights legislation is still pretty wobbly.
Atone? By giving the ancestors of those oppressed equal rights and the tools to succeed in the greatest country in the world. That’s how.

The fact that its in there at all tells me the government endorsed slavery, therefore America was and still is a racist nation.

Guilt by association.

You completely ignored the fact that the government reformed itself, it admitted its sins and atoned for them, you seemingly are devoid of forgiveness.
How did our government atone for 181 years of racial hatred? When did it apologize and what specifically has it done to atone for it's sins, because some of the civil rights legislation is still pretty wobbly.

The Emancipation Proclamation
The Voting Rights Act
The Civil Rights Act of 1964
The election of Barack Obama

Need I go on?

181 years of legally sanctioned discrimination, oppression and hatred versus less than 60 years without.

Genetic fallacy.

Making an argument that just because we sanctioned oppression and discrimination longer than we have outlawed it is preposterous.

How does that make your argument valid?
That's not my argument.

My argument is that the United States of America was founded on the belief of white supremacy. That's a undisputable fact. And for the first 181 years of it's existence racial discrimination against black people in all of the horrible ways that was manifested, was lawful in the United States. This too is a undisputable fact. Are we on the same page so far?

Last edited:
Temps first post " But never tell me America is racist. "

Temp after he confused himself:. " Of course, racism still exists in America "

Lol. You can't discern nuance, can you?
I think I hear what you're saying--that institutionally and ideologically, America is not racist. Our laws are fair. We do not discourage diversity. You acknowledge that some individuals are racist, though.

The only thing you're forgetting is that every single law, regulation and ideal actually is enacted by individuals. Otherwise, those laws would mean nothing. They have to be put into action by individuals. When those people are racist or even unconsciously believe that blacks are more dangerous, more suspect, than whites, it cannot be fair.

181 years of legally sanctioned discrimination, oppression and hatred versus less than 60 years without.

Genetic fallacy.

Making an argument that just because we sanctioned oppression and discrimination longer than we have outlawed it is preposterous.

How does that make your argument valid?
That's not my argument.

My argument is that the United States of America was founded on the belief of white supremacy. That's a undisputable fact. And for the first 181 years of it's existence racial discrimination against black people in all of the horrible ways that was manifested, was lawful in the United States. This two is a undisputable fact. Are we on the same page so far?

"That's not my argument"

Yes it is. Stop trying to move the goalposts.

Read the Declaration of Independence, what does it say?

"We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness."

I think I hear what you're saying--that institutionally and ideologically, America is not racist. Our laws are fair. We do not discourage diversity. You acknowledge that some individuals are racist, though.

You got it.

The only thing you're forgetting is that every single law, regulation and ideal actually is enacted by individuals. Otherwise, those laws would mean nothing. They have to be put into action by individuals. When those people are racist or even unconsciously believe that blacks are more dangerous, more suspect, than whites, it cannot be fair.

I never said otherwise.

Most, if not all laws, are passed with equality in mind. And in some instances, they are abused to hurt certain demographics of Americans.

Find and fire those who enact such abuses. Reform the law. But don't say America itself is inherently racist.

Guilt by association.

Why should my government "apoligize" for racial hatred when I had nothing to do with it?

" I think I hear what you're saying--that institutionally and ideologically, America is not racist. "

I disagree even with that statement that Temp lacked the ability to articulate. There is systemic/institutional racism in the US. You cant have racism without the supporting ideology.

Guilt by association.

Why should my government "apoligize" for racial hatred when I had nothing to do with it?
To show compassion.
Like when you go to a funeral and you say "I'm sorry" even though you had nothing to do with the death itself.

" I think I hear what you're saying--that institutionally and ideologically, America is not racist. "

I disagree even with that statement that Temp lacked the ability to articulate. There is systemic/institutional racism in the US. You cant have racism without the supporting ideology.
Sorry, turd, but I'm not responsible for the racism of a few others.

If a law forbidding racist practices doesn't exist, then racism is legal.
You realize that this is even worse?

There were white people back in the day (slavery) who thought it was perfectly okay to keep people in captivity, to treat them as chattel, rape the women & children, beat the men or anyone who disobeyed them, inflicted psychological and emotional harm by breaking up families and selling them away as punishment and you're stating that they did this only because there was no law prohibiting it? That's how depraved they were? Because we know if somone had done any of that shit to someone white they would have strung them up.

Guilt by association.

To show compassion.
Like when you go to a funeral and you say "I'm sorry" even though you had nothing to do with the death itself.
Why would I say "I'm sorry" when I go to a funeral? Showing compassion isn't the government's job, moron.

Sorry, turd, but I'm not responsible for the racism of a few others.
Youre a nobody. Of course youre only responsible for your racist views.

Guilt by association.

To show compassion.
Why would I say "I'm sorry" when I go to a funeral? Showing compassion isn't the government's job, moron.
That you are ignorant of "I'm sorry for your loss" says a lot about you.

Yeah I told you that with my first post and you started denying it. What changed your mind and why do you agree now?

Because America as it stands now is not racist. Are there racist people in America? Of course! But that does not make the rest of the country racist in the process.
I think you're looking at this backwards. You can't undo something just by doing something else generally.

Guilt by association.

To show compassion.
That you are ignorant of "I'm sorry for your loss" says a lot about you.

You're equating things that aren't equivalent. When you say "I'm sorry for your loss," you aren't apologizing. You're expressing empathy.

Only a leftwing dumbass could possibly get that so wrong.

Last edited:
The only thing you're forgetting is that every single law, regulation and ideal actually is enacted by individuals. Otherwise, those laws would mean nothing. They have to be put into action by individuals. When those people are racist or even unconsciously believe that blacks are more takedangerous, more suspect, than whites, it cannot be fair.

I never said otherwise.

Most, if not all laws, are passed with equality in mind. And in some instances, they are abused to hurt certain demographics of Americans.

Find and fire those who enact such abuses. Reform the law. But don't say America itself is inherently racist.
Reforming the law and holding police departments accountable for finding and firing those who abuse it is exactly what BLM wants to do. You think you could listen to them now? Get past the rhetoric and hear the ideas? Yeah, I've heard some statements and some chants from the crowds that sure don't help them win friends and influence people, as Dale Carnegie used to say. They're being the Nancy Pelosi's and Stephen Miller's of the BLM crowd. But once you get past the rhetoric, I think their ideas are worth listening to, anyway. If you are confident in your beliefs and you indeed would fight for justice for everyone, including an unfairly treated black man, you can take the politicking with a grain of salt, then get to the meat of the problem.

Yeah I told you that with my first post and you started denying it. What changed your mind and why do you agree now?

Because America as it stands now is not racist. Are there racist people in America? Of course! But that does not make the rest of the country racist in the process.
I think you're looking at this backwards. You can't undo something just by doing something else generally.
Nothing undoes the past, moron.

He has a new claim now. Or he claimed that OldLady got what he was trying to articulate. Now the claim is that there is no institutional racism or ideology.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back