Never tell me America is racist: An open letter to protesters

Status
Not open for further replies.
The police are part of the system hence the phrase "systemic racism".

Did it ever occur to you that racism doesn't exist in the system but in cops who hold racist sentiments who abuse it?

You paint with the biggest broad-brush I have ever seen. Ever.

The police are part of the system hence the phrase "systemic racism".

Did it ever occur to you that racism doesn't exist in the system but in cops who hold racist sentiments who abuse it?

You paint with the biggest broad-brush I have ever seen. Ever.
Why would something false like that occur to me when I know better? Even cops say the system is racist.

America is racist. The younger whites are marching because they see it.

That within itself disproves the idea that America is racist.
How so? Younger whites are saying america is racist

21743234_web1_tsr-ProtestWeb-SEQ-200610_1.jpg

Temps first post " But never tell me America is racist. "

Temp after he confused himself:. " Of course, racism still exists in America "

Lol. You can't discern nuance, can you?
I think I hear what you're saying--that institutionally and ideologically, America is not racist. Our laws are fair. We do not discourage diversity. You acknowledge that some individuals are racist, though.

The only thing you're forgetting is that every single law, regulation and ideal actually is enacted by individuals. Otherwise, those laws would mean nothing. They have to be put into action by individuals. When those people are racist or even unconsciously believe that blacks are more dangerous, more suspect, than whites, it cannot be fair.
Fair but many hated Jews and still do. Antisemitism is not per se illegal. So Jews founded their own businesses. If someone doesn’t like you due to race, religion or gender then find your way. Not difficult to start your own business in America if you have some grit. It’s silly to assume we can eliminate all prejudices.

I think I hear what you're saying--that institutionally and ideologically, America is not racist. Our laws are fair. We do not discourage diversity. You acknowledge that some individuals are racist, though.

The only thing you're forgetting is that every single law, regulation and ideal actually is enacted by individuals. Otherwise, those laws would mean nothing. They have to be put into action by individuals. When those people are racist or even unconsciously believe that blacks are more dangerous, more suspect, than whites, it cannot be fair.

" I think I hear what you're saying--that institutionally and ideologically, America is not racist. "

I disagree even with that statement that Temp lacked the ability to articulate. There is systemic/institutional racism in the US. You cant have racism without the supporting ideology.
Sorry, turd, but I'm not responsible for the racism of a few others.
Youre a nobody. Of course youre only responsible for your racist views.
Since I don't have any, that's not my problem.
Youre white. Why would your racist views be a problem to you?

If that were so, you would see white people standing on the sidewalks hurling insults and epithets at the all-black protest.

But yeah, America is racist.
No you wouldnt. They would be afraid of getting their asses kicked. They are out protesting against racism as you can see by the photo.

• Thanks
Reactions: IM2

" I think I hear what you're saying--that institutionally and ideologically, America is not racist. "

I disagree even with that statement that Temp lacked the ability to articulate. There is systemic/institutional racism in the US. You cant have racism without the supporting ideology.
Sorry, turd, but I'm not responsible for the racism of a few others.
Youre a nobody. Of course youre only responsible for your racist views.
Since I don't have any, that's not my problem.
Youre white. Why would your racist views be a problem to you?
You seem jealous of him because of his skin color. Odd.

Slavery was abolished and Jim Crow took its place.

And Jim Crow was sent packing in 1964.

Please spare me your pre-packaged talking points.

Teflon Theory of History

The Teflon Theory of American History says that anything that took place over 30 years ago is Ancient History. It has Absolutely No Effect on the present. Or not much. Unless it was something good like the light bulb or the Declaration of Independence. Therefore those who make a big deal of the bad stuff in the past, like slavery, are Living in the Past and need to Get Over It.

For example:
Jim Crow laws were overturned by the civil rights movement in the 1950s and 1960s. Therefore according to Teflon Theory the Jim Crow period is now Ancient History. It has Absolutely No Effect on how White Americans alive today think and act. None whatsoever. Or not much. So racism is pretty much dead.

Instead of Jim Crow’s effect slowly weakening over time like you would expect, Teflon Theory would have you suppose that it just disappeared like magic one afternoon sometime in the late 1960s. Even though many White Americans alive now were alive back in Jim Crow times. Even though many others were brought up and shaped by those who were alive back then: parents, grandparents, aunts, uncles, teachers, writers, film directors, television producers, news editors and so on.

Few sit on a mountain top to come up with their beliefs all on their own. Instead most people pretty much go along with what everyone else already believes with maybe a few twists here and there. Such beliefs come from the past.

So then why is Teflon Theory believed?
  • Because of how American history is taught:
    • American history is taught as dates and people and facts that have little to do with each other. Sometimes the Effects of the the Civil War or Industrialization are studied, for example, but not so for the evil stuff – like how slavery and genocide led to present-day White American wealth, power and racism.
    • American history as taught rarely comes up to the present day. History becomes something in the past, in a book, not something we live in right now.
  • Because of the needs of White American self-image:
    • White Americans want to think they are Basically Good and their society is Basically Just. Without Teflon Theory that becomes laughable since it flies in the face of history, common sense and human nature.
    • White Americans avoid honestly facing up to their past because deep down they know it is ugly. Teflon Theory acts as a guard against having to take it seriously.
  • Because middle-class whites are protected from the ugly present:
    • Those who live in Apple-pie America rarely see first-hand the injustice that their comfortable lives are built on. And what injustice they do see on occasion, like black ghettos or wars on television fought overseas in their name, they have already learned to not see as injustice. But being protected from the ugly present makes the ugly past seem like another world, like it truly is ancient history with no bearing on the present.

If that were so, you would see white people standing on the sidewalks hurling insults and epithets at the all-black protest.

No you wouldnt. They would be afraid of getting their asses kicked. They are out protesting against racism as you can see by the photo.
Yeah...that’s their right to free speech but they are racists by your definition so these girls must be hypocrites.

BLMs goal is to prevent the racist targeting of Black people by law enforcement regardless of if that outcome is death, injury, or disrespect. Thats one of the reasons why its so idiotic to ask BLM to address cities like Chicago.

The implication in the link you posted is that they want to turn themselves into an armed militia. Why is it they want to defund the police so badly?
You only believe that implication because youre hopelessly illiterate.

That has nothing to do with the question.

But I must note you aren't denying it either.
I didnt address your question. I just pointed out your illiteracy regarding your claim about the implication.

Not really going to deflect from you point about america not being racist. Why would you deflect from your OP? I know why. Because you cant defend the comment without looking like a fool.

Insulting me does not prove your point.

BLMs goal is to prevent the racist targeting of Black people by law enforcement regardless of if that outcome is death, injury, or disrespect. Thats one of the reasons why its so idiotic to ask BLM to address cities like Chicago.

The implication in the link you posted is that they want to turn themselves into an armed militia. Why is it they want to defund the police so badly?
You only believe that implication because youre hopelessly illiterate.

That has nothing to do with the question.

But I must note you aren't denying it either.
I didnt address your question. I just pointed out your illiteracy regarding your claim about the implication.

Not really going to deflect from you point about america not being racist. Why would you deflect from your OP? I know why. Because you cant defend the comment without looking like a fool.

Insulting me does not prove your point.
And claiming that america isnt racist is a laughable foolish point.

• Love
Reactions: IM2

That's not how racism works in 2020 and you know it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back