Never tell me America is racist: An open letter to protesters

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's not how racism works in 2020 and you know it.

Are you telling me that racism should work in only the ways YOU want it to?

Is that what I'm getting?
Looks to me like he is telling you that you have no clue about racism.

Hardly. And you assume you know everything about it because of your skin color?

How idiotic.
Well yeah. I'm Black and have to deal with it daily. You never deal with it being white.

• Thanks
Reactions: IM2
Thats only because they know they would get their asses kicked like I pointed out.

Are you threatening me?
Only if you feel threatened. Do you?

Yeah, I do. If I express these views in an open forum face to face with someone like you, what are the odds that I will be assaulted for it?

You aren't interested in dialogue, only violence. No wonder the President wanted to employ the Insurrection Act.

Good god.
LOL! A group of people threatening race war every other day while sending PMS to people threatening violence is telling somebody else how they aren't interested in dialogue.

Psychosis is a very serious mental disorder.

Thats only because they know they would get their asses kicked like I pointed out.

Are you threatening me?

Yeah, I do. If I express these views in an open forum face to face with someone like you, what are the odds that I will be assaulted for it?

You aren't interested in dialogue, only violence. No wonder the President wanted to employ the Insurrection Act.

Good god.
LOL! A group of people threatening race war every other day while sending PMS to people threatening violence is telling somebody else how they aren't interested in dialogue.

You should get it treated.

How idiotic.
Well yeah. I'm Black and have to deal with it daily. You never deal with it being white.

Yes, because I make an effort to obey the law.

You? You're advocating violence against people who hold different ideas and political views than you.

You think the rioting, looting, killing, and destruction of property are all justified expressions of discontent with the police.

Spare me.

How idiotic.
Cry me a river. You act like it’s a disability. You’re such a whiny little man.

Curious, I wasn't addressing that.

Care to get back on topic now?

Are you threatening me?

Good god.

Its not his job to have Temp submitted for a pysch eval. I already tried that with you.

How idiotic.

You? You're advocating violence against people who hold different ideas and political views than you.

You think the rioting, looting, killing, and destruction of property are all justified expressions of discontent with the police.

Spare me.
He just showed you who he is. He hates being black and it’s everyone else’s fault. Sad, really.

Never tell me America is racist.

Do you see how many white people are protesting with you? Do you see how many white cops are showing solidarity with you?

NEVER tell me America is racist.

Ask any black person who lived during the civil rights era. They didn't have white support, if they did, it was minimal support at most. They did not have a broad coalition of support you do now in the 1950s and '60s.

Not only do you have the support of hundreds of millions of white people all across America, but the WHOLE WORLD has also come to stand behind you. I will stand behind you.

But never tell me America is racist.
Hate to break it to you....America is racist. Its even in the original document used to form it.
Hence the amendments abolishing slavery passed later. Of course slavery should never have been brought to this country in the first place.
Slavery was abolished and Jim Crow took its place.
And Jim Crow is gone as well.
And now we have the New Jim Crow. So your racism simply dons another uniform but its always there.
Da fuq is this "New Jim Crow" bullshit? :cuckoo:
Your racism has driven you mad.
Educate yourself It will do wonders for your intelligence.
You made the claim, fucker. Prove it!

Curious, I wasn't addressing that.

Care to get back on topic now?
Youre the one that went off topic whining about you felt threatened. You get your ass back on topic.

Do you see how many white people are protesting with you? Do you see how many white cops are showing solidarity with you?

Ask any black person who lived during the civil rights era. They didn't have white support, if they did, it was minimal support at most. They did not have a broad coalition of support you do now in the 1950s and '60s.

Not only do you have the support of hundreds of millions of white people all across America, but the WHOLE WORLD has also come to stand behind you. I will stand behind you.

Hate to break it to you....America is racist. Its even in the original document used to form it.
Hence the amendments abolishing slavery passed later. Of course slavery should never have been brought to this country in the first place.
And now we have the New Jim Crow. So your racism simply dons another uniform but its always there.
Google is your friend old tymer.

• Funny

Are you threatening me?

Good god.

Its not his job to have Temp submitted for a pysch eval. I already tried that with you.
I am proud to be a Jew. You hate being black. You’re a self loathing loser. But you entertain me with your constant whining.

America is racist waaa waaa waaa. I want reparations waaaa waaa waaaa. #butthurt lives matter.

Temps first post " But never tell me America is racist. "

Temp after he confused himself:. " Of course, racism still exists in America "

Lol. You can't discern nuance, can you?
I think I hear what you're saying--that institutionally and ideologically, America is not racist. Our laws are fair. We do not discourage diversity. You acknowledge that some individuals are racist, though.

The only thing you're forgetting is that every single law, regulation and ideal actually is enacted by individuals. Otherwise, those laws would mean nothing. They have to be put into action by individuals. When those people are racist or even unconsciously believe that blacks are more dangerous, more suspect, than whites, it cannot be fair.

" I think I hear what you're saying--that institutionally and ideologically, America is not racist. "

I disagree even with that statement that Temp lacked the ability to articulate. There is systemic/institutional racism in the US. You cant have racism without the supporting ideology.
I'd really be interested if you would take a deeper dive into some of this. What is institutionally racist? Where has the justice system written it into policy? I'm not arguing with you, I'm asking for some specifics, because I don't know much about it. It is ridiculous for me to even try to defend BLM except on general principle, because I don't really understand what specifically they are asking for.
This is kind of starting in the middle and I'm not claiming to speak for Asclepias but this might give you some insight into the mindset of those during this era

"Convict Leasing and Chain Gangs

Bankrupt in the wake of the Civil War and faced with the difficult task of rebuilding and sustaining an infrastructure, Mississippi and other state governments turned to a familiar expedient to fund their penal institutions. In the late 1860s many southern prisons began leasing convicts to plantations and industries bereft of the cheap labor formerly supplied by slaves. As the majority of inmates were African American, this new form of compulsory labor helped to bridge the gap between the Black Codes and Jim Crow as a form of social control that embodied the common racial hierarchies in the South. Likewise, vagrancy laws criminalized the social mobility recently acquired by former slaves and produced a steady supply of bodies for the prison labor system.

Although prisoners in the convict lease system were used for a variety of arduous tasks from railroad construction to cutting timber, inmates in Mississippi worked primarily on large cotton plantations. Edward Richardson, a plantation owner who had lost his fortune in the Civil War, was perhaps the state’s greatest beneficiary of prison labor. The first to have a convict contract with the state, officials paid Richardson eighteen thousand dollars a year for “care” of the prisoners. With the added income from the profits of their labor, he eventually regained his wealth, setting an inspiring precedent for the southern business community.

After reaching its acme in the 1880s, the convict leasing era wound down as a consequence of accusations that too many affluent southerners had profited from the system and of moral indignation over the treatment of convicts. Inmates were forced to work dangerous jobs that free laborers refused to take and were subject to wanton physical punishment and severe deprivation, conditions that resulted in high death rates among the prison population. Outrage was further fueled by the fact that the state did not maintain separate facilities or mandate special treatment for children, and many were leased out under the system. Publicity regarding these deplorable realities led to a public outcry that forced Mississippi to abolish convict leasing in 1890, the first state to do so.

Individual counties, however, retained the right to use prison labor, and county-run chain gangs replaced convict labor in the early 1900s. Cuffed together at the ankle in small groups, prisoners were put to work expanding and repairing transportation routes as part of the Good Roads Movement, an urbanization effort aimed at increasing accessibility in the South. Though considered a troubling part of the past today, this use of convicts was generally championed in its time, and supporters, including the US Department of Agriculture, considered it an efficient and progressive way to both build roads and control criminals.

As with the convict lease system, most of the chain gang laborers were African Americans, who were thought to require a generous measure of discipline for proper “rehabilitation.” But convicts on county-run chain gangs often slept in cages and were subject to brutal corporal punishment and suffered from a host of debilitating ailments, including malnutrition, heatstroke, frostbite, contagious diseases, and shackle poisoning (infections caused by the constant rubbing of iron against the skin). Work songs helped to sustain morale and increase chances of survival, allowing prisoners to labor in a steady rhythm that could be slowed to protect the infirm or inefficient. As with the convict lease system, mounting public outrage resulted in bans on chain gangs nationwide by the mid-twentieth century.

Mississippi consolidated much of its convict labor force on Parchman Farm, a profitable and self-sustaining penal cotton plantation located on twenty thousand acres in the Yazoo Delta. Parchman was established in 1904 by Gov. James K. Vardaman, a proponent of prison reform who billed himself as a progressive and visionary but who regarded African Americans as mentally inferior and touted a paternalistic brand of racism that envisioned a pacified black population reconciled to subordinate social position.

Convict Leasing and Chain Gangs | Mississippi Encyclopedia

How idiotic.
Turn black and live 5 years then tell us how much we don't know.

Temps first post " But never tell me America is racist. "

Temp after he confused himself:. " Of course, racism still exists in America "

Lol. You can't discern nuance, can you?
I think I hear what you're saying--that institutionally and ideologically, America is not racist. Our laws are fair. We do not discourage diversity. You acknowledge that some individuals are racist, though.

The only thing you're forgetting is that every single law, regulation and ideal actually is enacted by individuals. Otherwise, those laws would mean nothing. They have to be put into action by individuals. When those people are racist or even unconsciously believe that blacks are more dangerous, more suspect, than whites, it cannot be fair.

" I think I hear what you're saying--that institutionally and ideologically, America is not racist. "

I disagree even with that statement that Temp lacked the ability to articulate. There is systemic/institutional racism in the US. You cant have racism without the supporting ideology.
I'd really be interested if you would take a deeper dive into some of this. What is institutionally racist? Where has the justice system written it into policy? I'm not arguing with you, I'm asking for some specifics, because I don't know much about it. It is ridiculous for me to even try to defend BLM except on general principle, because I don't really understand what specifically they are asking for.
This is kind of starting in the middle and I'm not claiming to speak for Asclepias but this might give you some insight into the mindset of those during this era

"Convict Leasing and Chain Gangs

Bankrupt in the wake of the Civil War and faced with the difficult task of rebuilding and sustaining an infrastructure, Mississippi and other state governments turned to a familiar expedient to fund their penal institutions. In the late 1860s many southern prisons began leasing convicts to plantations and industries bereft of the cheap labor formerly supplied by slaves. As the majority of inmates were African American, this new form of compulsory labor helped to bridge the gap between the Black Codes and Jim Crow as a form of social control that embodied the common racial hierarchies in the South. Likewise, vagrancy laws criminalized the social mobility recently acquired by former slaves and produced a steady supply of bodies for the prison labor system.

Although prisoners in the convict lease system were used for a variety of arduous tasks from railroad construction to cutting timber, inmates in Mississippi worked primarily on large cotton plantations. Edward Richardson, a plantation owner who had lost his fortune in the Civil War, was perhaps the state’s greatest beneficiary of prison labor. The first to have a convict contract with the state, officials paid Richardson eighteen thousand dollars a year for “care” of the prisoners. With the added income from the profits of their labor, he eventually regained his wealth, setting an inspiring precedent for the southern business community.

After reaching its acme in the 1880s, the convict leasing era wound down as a consequence of accusations that too many affluent southerners had profited from the system and of moral indignation over the treatment of convicts. Inmates were forced to work dangerous jobs that free laborers refused to take and were subject to wanton physical punishment and severe deprivation, conditions that resulted in high death rates among the prison population. Outrage was further fueled by the fact that the state did not maintain separate facilities or mandate special treatment for children, and many were leased out under the system. Publicity regarding these deplorable realities led to a public outcry that forced Mississippi to abolish convict leasing in 1890, the first state to do so.

Individual counties, however, retained the right to use prison labor, and county-run chain gangs replaced convict labor in the early 1900s. Cuffed together at the ankle in small groups, prisoners were put to work expanding and repairing transportation routes as part of the Good Roads Movement, an urbanization effort aimed at increasing accessibility in the South. Though considered a troubling part of the past today, this use of convicts was generally championed in its time, and supporters, including the US Department of Agriculture, considered it an efficient and progressive way to both build roads and control criminals.

As with the convict lease system, most of the chain gang laborers were African Americans, who were thought to require a generous measure of discipline for proper “rehabilitation.” But convicts on county-run chain gangs often slept in cages and were subject to brutal corporal punishment and suffered from a host of debilitating ailments, including malnutrition, heatstroke, frostbite, contagious diseases, and shackle poisoning (infections caused by the constant rubbing of iron against the skin). Work songs helped to sustain morale and increase chances of survival, allowing prisoners to labor in a steady rhythm that could be slowed to protect the infirm or inefficient. As with the convict lease system, mounting public outrage resulted in bans on chain gangs nationwide by the mid-twentieth century.

Mississippi consolidated much of its convict labor force on Parchman Farm, a profitable and self-sustaining penal cotton plantation located on twenty thousand acres in the Yazoo Delta. Parchman was established in 1904 by Gov. James K. Vardaman, a proponent of prison reform who billed himself as a progressive and visionary but who regarded African Americans as mentally inferior and touted a paternalistic brand of racism that envisioned a pacified black population reconciled to subordinate social position.

Convict Leasing and Chain Gangs | Mississippi Encyclopedia

How idiotic.

Spare me.
He just showed you who he is. He hates being black and it’s everyone else’s fault. Sad, really.

I don't think he hates himself because he's black.

He simply hates me because I'm white.

How idiotic.

Spare me.

I don't think he hates himself because he's black.

He simply hates me because I'm white.
You’re wrong. He hates you because you’re white and he isn’t. Which is really sad. Every slight in his sad life he attributes to racism. Pathetic.

Fuck off. You can't back what you claim up, so your claim is anulled. Next!

There is no "New Jim Crow."

How idiotic.
Turn black and live 5 years then tell us how much we don't know.
Aint that some shit though? How in the hell is he going to tell us we dont know what racism is? :laughing0301:

Fuck off. You can't back what you claim up, so your claim is anulled. Next!

There is no "New Jim Crow."
You better stop using curse words before you crack your dentures or pull a muscle in your back old tymer.

• Thanks
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back