New Social Security Program Would Give High School Graduates $25,000

Are you a high school graduate?
I ask again, do you really think the money will be handed to graduates without strings attached??

You asked how these kinds of programs expand state power. Whoever writes the checks has the power. If Congress writes the checks, they have the power.

The thieving Democrats are at it again, and trying to give away the money you were FORCED TO CONTRIBUTE TOWARD YOUR RETIREMENT.

Bad idea.

What would be better is to give them credit toward trade schools or college which they can pay back through payroll deductions as they age.

You are 18, you get out of school and to go toe college you have to take out tens of thousands of dollars in loans. It's nuts!

Have SS pay for an occupational certificate or the first 2 years of college then you can earn some money or at least not owe as much when you get your degree.

YOu people are some stingy bastards.
Huh? Not all children are born with a silver spoon in their mouths. If they work hard and do well in school, we need their input for present and future betterment. Many schools of higher education provide poor scholars with knowledge and appreciation. America is beautiful, IMHO. And the Americans I know are quite generous to the people of this free nation called the USA.

Huh? Not all children are born with a silver spoon in their mouths. If they work hard and do well in school, we need their input for present and future betterment. Many schools of higher education provide poor scholars with knowledge and appreciation. America is beautiful, IMHO. And the Americans I know are quite generous to the people of this free nation called the USA.
Actually, it's the Democrats that are being "generous" in this case... with money that retirees are owed and that many of them desperately need just to scrape by!!!

Bad idea.

What would be better is to give them credit toward trade schools or college which they can pay back through payroll deductions as they age.

You are 18, you get out of school and to go toe college you have to take out tens of thousands of dollars in loans. It's nuts!

Have SS pay for an occupational certificate or the first 2 years of college then you can earn some money or at least not owe as much when you get your degree.
Gee, I actually worked when I was in high school, and while furthering my education.

It's doable, so I suggest they do that instead of looking for elderly people to rip off!!!

Gee, I actually worked when I was in high school, and while furthering my education.
Nothing wrong with working while you're in HS and college. Believing an 18 y/o is going to put themselves through a university in 2024 without assistance is rather idiotic though.
It's doable, so I suggest they do that instead of looking for elderly people to rip off!!!
Can't imagine how you got ripping off elderly people from what I wrote. But whatever.

The thieving Democrats are at it again, and trying to give away the money you were FORCED TO CONTRIBUTE TOWARD YOUR RETIREMENT.

So, one person has proposed this. If you want to know where your retirement money is going, check out how much the Iraq War and Afghan War are going to cost everyone every year due to medical bills that need to be paid for poor people who were sent to die or get maimed by rich people who were never going to get hit.

Actually, it's the Democrats that are being "generous" in this case... with money that retirees are owed and that many of them desperately need just to scrape by!!!
IME, Democrats are generous with other people’s money, but exceedingly cheap with their own.

So, one person has proposed this. If you want to know where your retirement money is going, check out how much the Iraq War and Afghan War are going to cost everyone every year due to medical bills that need to be paid for poor people who were sent to die or get maimed by rich people who were never going to get hit.
Why not instead check out how much we have paid for the Ukraine War, and for the illegal lowlifes?

Forum List

Back