News from the gun front

Status
Not open for further replies.
You know it's funny, that the Liberals who loathe guns and the Freedoms which allow for them, have been the very people driving the mass movement to buy guns, and ammunition. Absolutely hilarious.

The only thing I loathe is the stupidity that you think you need a gun to protect yourself from bad guys or the government.

When that gun in your house is 43 times more likely to kill a member of your family than a bad guy, and will never be used against a government agent.

We should have the "right to choose" to own a firearm.

There are other "rights to choose" out there that are far more deadly.

Yep, like the "right" to have an abortion. That one's 100% guaranteed to be fatal to the victim.

You know it's funny, that the Liberals who loathe guns and the Freedoms which allow for them, have been the very people driving the mass movement to buy guns, and ammunition. Absolutely hilarious.

The only thing I loathe is the stupidity that you think you need a gun to protect yourself from bad guys or the government.

When that gun in your house is 43 times more likely to kill a member of your family than a bad guy, and will never be used against a government agent.

Even the author of that study has disclaimed the "43 times" number as bogus..

Last edited:

11,000 gun murders and 16,000 gun suicides? Not really.

Even the athor of that study has disclaimed the "43 times" number as bogus..

Not sure what an 'athor' is, but, no he didn't.

Yep, like the "right" to have an abortion. That one's 100% guaranteed to be fatal to the victim.

One more time for stupid people...

this-is-not-a-person.jpg

Just got back from the opening of academy sports. I got there at 7:20 there was already two line of around 200 people in one line and the rest in the other line. One was for some bicycles they were giving away, and the other was for AMMO. They would only allow you too buy one box pre calibur of 22lr 9mm 40 cal 45 acp 7.62x39 .308 and .223/ 5.56 with a max of 3 boxs. Anyway stood in line for for45 minutes. While I was in line I started talking with the guy behind me, he was looking for 22lr. So I workrd up this deal with him I bought as bucket of 22lr for him and he bought some 223 for me. I beat the system.
Any way I also bought two High capcity magazines for a Hi Point 45 cal I have.
All in all nice store great prices.
OH and people were buying guns left and right.
A good day a very good day.:clap2:

Again, it's going to be a real pity when guns get banned and these assholes have to meekly turn this shit in for no compensation...

You fucking nutters don't get it, not too many people are going to turn in anything.
But one bullet at a time.

Yeah, the first time you guys try that shit, watch how fast your neighbors turn on you.

There you go, making up lies that I never said, in a vain attempt to deflect the FACT that you gun grabbing idiots are the very people driving the mass gun buying hysteria. The gun manufacturers are laughing at you Liberals all the way to the Bank. How pleasingly ironic that the idiot Left are the very people involved with making gun manufacturers rich. I think Liberals are too stupid to see that it's really them causing the gun buying boom. :lol::lol::lol: :cuckoo:

Guy, the gun manufacturers are laughing, but they laugh at you gun nutters for buying their bullshit.

Fact is, gun control is coming. You guys could have been a part of it, made it kind of a comprimise, XXXXXXX

Again, it's going to be a real pity when guns get banned and these assholes have to meekly turn this shit in for no compensation...

You fucking nutters don't get it, not too many people are going to turn in anything.

Yeah, the first time you guys try that shit, watch how fast your neighbors turn on you.

Maybe where you live. Neighbors where I live will stand shoulder-to-shoulder and back-to-back. It's probably a good idea for you to huddle with the rest of your ilk in your scum-infested warren.

There you go, making up lies that I never said, in a vain attempt to deflect the FACT that you gun grabbing idiots are the very people driving the mass gun buying hysteria. The gun manufacturers are laughing at you Liberals all the way to the Bank. How pleasingly ironic that the idiot Left are the very people involved with making gun manufacturers rich. I think Liberals are too stupid to see that it's really them causing the gun buying boom. :lol::lol::lol: :cuckoo:

Guy, the gun manufacturers are laughing, but they laugh at you gun nutters for buying their bullshit.

Fact is, gun control is coming. You guys could have been a part of it, made it kind of a comprimise,

Oh, that's right, you really have deluded yourself into believing that members of the military are as stupid as you are and will blindly obey your illicit puppeteers. Good luck with that.

Even the athor of that study has disclaimed the "43 times" number as bogus..

Not sure what an 'athor' is, but, no he didn't.

If you do not know who the author is, how can you claim he did not. The author of the study is Arthur L. Kellermann (together with Donald T. Reay). The name of the study is "Protection or Peril?: An Analysis of Firearm-Related Deaths in the Home," New England Journal of Medicine, 1986. The problem is that almost all of the deaths were suicides. According to various studies suicides, the absence of firearms would result in the substitution of another means to complete the suicide, thus the gun suicide issue goes away eliminating the 43 to one down to 2.4 to 1. This brings us to another problem. Kellerman relied upon initial police reports for the determination of "criminal homicide" and did not reveal that 40% of those incidents result in a latter finding of self defense either by the DA, at trial or upon appeal. This brings us down to an almost perfect 1 to 1.... and note that Kellerman only includes scenarios where the bad guy is actually killed, while the majority of instances the bad guy runs away. Nor does it take into account the detterant effect...

Asked what he would want for his own wife if she were assaulted, Dr. Arthur Kellermann responded: "If that were my wife, would I want her to have a .38 special in her hand? Yeah." A. Japenga, Gun Crazy, S.F. Examiner, This World (Supp.), Apr. 3, 1994, at 7, 13.

Read recently that the ammo shortage is entirely market driven.

Some of us might remember the toilet paper shortage that happened a while back, too.

The rumor that there was a toilet paper shortage caused a toilet paper shortage as people hoarded TP.

Pretty much.

There is in essence a de facto gun ban, where the market has accomplished what Congress can not.

The shortages are driven mostly by speculators, buying up guns and ammo to take advantage of the irrational buying and hoarding.

Speculators are even buying guns not subject to any proposed bans, it’s true idiocy.

Fact is, gun control is coming. You guys could have been a part of it, made it kind of a comprimise,

Ahh, the real reason is stated right there; control. Straight out of 1984 even. :D

O'Brien said:
If you want a vision of the future, Winston, imagine a boot stamping on a human face forever.

Interesting... did you know that China is one of the very few countries in the world that completely bars the civilian ownership of all firearms (even the Brits will let you have a shotgun--- and maybe a bolt action rifle if you are lucky). Further, they do not have a 2nd Amendment, a 4th Amendment or a 5th Amendment which might otherwise impede their anti gun fervor. Yet a recent UN small arms survey listed China as second only to the US in the number of firearms in private hands....

Dr Who?

The irony of this is if one is going to ‘protect’ himself from the government or fight a modern military force, you’ll model your resistance after the fighters in Afghanistan, who are killing American soldiers at long distance with K98 variants, M91/30s, and SMLEs, not AKs or other automatic weapons.

Yep I was silently laughing at the people trying too get a kids bicycle. If only they knew what was coming down the road.

The same way that I silently laugh at gun nuts wasting their kids' college funds on weapons they'll never need for a war that will never come? That kind of silently laughing?

They are the reason that war will never come.

Just got back from the opening of academy sports. I got there at 7:20 there was already two line of around 200 people in one line and the rest in the other line. One was for some bicycles they were giving away, and the other was for AMMO. They would only allow you too buy one box pre calibur of 22lr 9mm 40 cal 45 acp 7.62x39 .308 and .223/ 5.56 with a max of 3 boxs. Anyway stood in line for for45 minutes. While I was in line I started talking with the guy behind me, he was looking for 22lr. So I workrd up this deal with him I bought as bucket of 22lr for him and he bought some 223 for me. I beat the system.
Any way I also bought two High capcity magazines for a Hi Point 45 cal I have.
All in all nice store great prices.
OH and people were buying guns left and right.
A good day a very good day.:clap2:

I won't comply.

Maybe where you live. Neighbors where I live will stand shoulder-to-shoulder and back-to-back. It's probably a good idea for you to huddle with the rest of your ilk in your scum-infested warren.

He's not too bright.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back