🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

NO DECORUM – Kyrsten Sinema Wore This Outfit On Senate Floor (Photo)…

Because she scared small children with legs the size of tree trunks...cankles anyone?
LOL When you put this up, poor Hillary was the first thing I thought of--if you want to see badly dressed, look at some of her outfits.

Actually, young senators are allowed to dress fashionably, and there is nothing wrong with the sheath dress. The length and the cut are just like every other young woman is wearing in public right now.
I've got no ideas about why she wore those boots to work, but obviously she likes them and take a look in any current fashion magazine to see if it's only sluts who wear them.

Once again, you are calling a Democratic female Congress critter a slut because that's who you guys are. Disgusting. Can't help yourselves, can you?

If you're looking at Sinema's outfit and trying to make hedging excuses about "fashionable", you should never, EVER be allowed to pick your own clothing, unless you actually DO work for a circus.

Btw, Sinema is not "every other young woman". She's a US Senator in the Capitol building. She's also 42, which might be young to YOU, Grandma Moses, but is definitely past the age where women are supposed to look more mature than a coed out for a night of clubbing.

Sinema's outfit may be appropriate for some activities, but not for the position she is working at. Women- and men- in professional positions should look like their job. If you are selling Cadillacs, or seeing patients as an ophthalmologist or toiling on the floor of the Senate- your choice of an outfit to wear should be different that if you work as a starbucks barista or selling souvenirs on a beach.

Izzat right.

What exactly is the job of Congress? Have any idea?

Here's a GREAT BIG SCREAMING hint:

Actually, young senators are allowed to dress fashionably, and there is nothing wrong with the sheath dress. The length and the cut are just like every other young woman is wearing in public right now.

The job of Senator is a professional one, dealing with billions of dollars. Being fashionable and being appropriately dressed are not opposite each other.

WRONG.

The job of a representative in either house of Congress is to REPRESENT THEIR CONSTITUENTS. Either on the district level or state level. "How one dresses" doesn't even enter into that responsibility. Their constituents dress all kinds of ways.

That does not mean dressing like a lawyer. Or vacuum-cleaning corporate lobby money or making secretive deals to benefit themselves in some Establishment swamp yammering about "because we've always done it this way".. It means being one of the People. Not the élite --- the common People.

This Senator apparently has no desire to puff herself up into something she's not. Good for her. But it is (again) fascinating that the same wags who kept railing "drain the Swamp" wet their diapers as soon as anyone does so. See Alexandra Ocasio-Cortez for the easiest example. See Rashida Tlabi for a second. And here we are on number three. I smell a pattern.

When I visited my financial broker over at Schwab in 2016, it was all the fashion for young men to wear pants in a sagging fashion, and Kufi african hats. But he was instead wearing an appropriate and fashionable suit probably bought at Macy's. Its known as dressing appropriately.

Never heard of that "fashion" but if your FA had been wearing a Ronald McDonald suit he would have been doing the same job the same way, would he not?

On my planet "dressing appropriately" means one's decision for oneself. It doesn't mean dictating how others dress. And we might add, dictating how others who represent people two thousand miles away.

That said, it's also revealing that you haven't visited your FA in three years. Apparently his suit didn't work. I see mine several times a year and frankly ---- I couldn't tell you what he wears, as it's NOT WHAT WE FUCKING TALK ABOUT.

This thread is Pretentious Bullshit.

Because she scared small children with legs the size of tree trunks...cankles anyone?
LOL When you put this up, poor Hillary was the first thing I thought of--if you want to see badly dressed, look at some of her outfits.

I've got no ideas about why she wore those boots to work, but obviously she likes them and take a look in any current fashion magazine to see if it's only sluts who wear them.

Once again, you are calling a Democratic female Congress critter a slut because that's who you guys are. Disgusting. Can't help yourselves, can you?

If you're looking at Sinema's outfit and trying to make hedging excuses about "fashionable", you should never, EVER be allowed to pick your own clothing, unless you actually DO work for a circus.

Btw, Sinema is not "every other young woman". She's a US Senator in the Capitol building. She's also 42, which might be young to YOU, Grandma Moses, but is definitely past the age where women are supposed to look more mature than a coed out for a night of clubbing.

Sinema's outfit may be appropriate for some activities, but not for the position she is working at. Women- and men- in professional positions should look like their job. If you are selling Cadillacs, or seeing patients as an ophthalmologist or toiling on the floor of the Senate- your choice of an outfit to wear should be different that if you work as a starbucks barista or selling souvenirs on a beach.

Izzat right.

What exactly is the job of Congress? Have any idea?

Here's a GREAT BIG SCREAMING hint:

The job of Senator is a professional one, dealing with billions of dollars. Being fashionable and being appropriately dressed are not opposite each other.

When I visited my financial broker over at Schwab in 2016, it was all the fashion for young men to wear pants in a sagging fashion, and Kufi african hats. But he was instead wearing an appropriate and fashionable suit probably bought at Macy's. Its known as dressing appropriately.

I will say that increasing numbers of people - sadly, that includes buyers for major stores - are unaware that there are all sorts of "fashionable": fashionable professional, fashionable club wear, fashionable formal wear, fashionable casual . . . These days, it's damned near impossible to buy something that doesn't leave half your skin bare without looking like my grandma. God forbid there should be any middle ground without spending big bucks at a pricey department store.

I can only imagine the outrage if Mitch showed up in Bermudas, shower shoes, and a KISS tee shirt

I can only imagine the outrage if Mitch showed up in Bermudas, shower shoes, and a KISS tee shirt

It could happen.

Mitch McConnell Sees Infinite Healthcare Plans After Dropping Acid To Inspire Ideas For Obamacare Replacement

>> Shortly after the 75-year-old Republican senator ingested two 100-microgram tabs of LSD in his Congressional office, sources said countless substitutes for the Affordable Care Act began to explode before his eyes in luminescent, hyper-vivid colors and patterns.

“Oh my God—I can see the CHIP provisions spreading out in every direction forever and ever and ever,” said a reeling McConnell, gazing wide-eyed as infinite, interlocking fractal combinations of health savings plans, employer-provided coverage, and government subsidies enveloped him in an accelerating stream, eventually passing over him with such velocity that they appeared to be an entire galaxy of stars swirling around him. “Now I can see…I can see the outpatient hospital visits covered for every child in the country! No, every child who’s ever been born, and will ever be born! Even the ones who haven’t yet been conceived!”

“The scope of coverage is so beautiful,” added the senator quietly. “Whoa.” <<​

Forum List

Back