No More Department of Education?!

There never should have been a federal department in any way connected to America's school system. Federal involvement in education was predicted to result in failing schools and indoctrination rather than learning. It has proven itself so.

What is this "indoctrination" all of you educator wannabees keep touting? The feds have almost zero influence in anything that goes on in a classroom unless it is special education or literacy programs for the poor kids.

The Trump administration just refuses to stop winning.

Great news, for everyone who values education!

There never should have been a federal department in any way connected to America's school system. Federal involvement in education was predicted to result in failing schools and indoctrination rather than learning. It has proven itself so.

What is this "indoctrination" all of you educator wannabees keep touting? The feds have almost zero influence in anything that goes on in a classroom unless it is special education or literacy programs for the poor kids.
Common Core. Are you seriously this dumb?

Anyone remember Barry Hussein's choice for Ed/Secy? Neither do I. Betsy Devos must be some piece of work for the democrats and the criminal conspiracy known as the mainstream media to put that much muscle into trying to prevent her nomination. Let's see what she has to say.
She wants to take all public education and give it to her rich friends so they can funnel our tax money into their pockets.

It was a gift from Carter. This whole behometh of worthless was a gift to the teacher unions in '79. And here we are with people thinking if it never existed nobody would learn anything. As if the actual levels of education haven't dropped since then.

Really? How have they dropped? What reference can you cite to prove that they have dropped?

I graduated in 1978 and my kids had much better educations than I had.

Anyone remember Barry Hussein's choice for Ed/Secy? Neither do I. Betsy Devos must be some piece of work for the democrats and the criminal conspiracy known as the mainstream media to put that much muscle into trying to prevent her nomination. Let's see what she has to say.
She wants to take all public education and give it to her rich friends so they can funnel our tax money into their pockets.
How does that get to their pockets? Currently the only pockets that stand to lose any money are the teachers unions and the crap teachers they insist stay on the payroll simply because...well, because.

No, but it appears you don't know anything about Common Core.

There is no requirement whatsoever for states to adopt Common Core. I have taught using Common Core going on 6 years now and it is no different than the standards from the National Council for Teachers of Mathematics (NCTM) or Florida's Sunshine State Standards, other than that they are more rigorous.

What most critics call "Common Core" is curriculum designed by textbook manufacturers that is "aligned" to the standards. That stuff is simply crap. No school is or was ever required to sue it and those decisions are made at the state and local school levels.

I have a Master's degree in Education and 20 years experience. What do you have?

How does that get to their pockets? Currently the only pockets that stand to lose any money are the teachers unions and the crap teachers they insist stay on the payroll simply because...well, because.

You don't believe in due process? That's very un-American of you.

There is no requirement whatsoever for states to adopt Common Core. I have taught using Common Core going on 6 years now and it is no different than the standards from the National Council for Teachers of Mathematics (NCTM) or Florida's Sunshine State Standards, other than that they are more rigorous.

What most critics call "Common Core" is curriculum designed by textbook manufacturers that is "aligned" to the standards. That stuff is simply crap. No school is or was ever required to sue it and those decisions are made at the state and local school levels.

I have a Master's degree in Education and 20 years experience. What do you have?
Then you must agree that the vast majority of teachers are dedicated to their work.

Then you must agree that the vast majority of teachers are dedicated to their work.

Absolutely! Many are like me. I get to work an hour before school and stayed after school tutoring two of my failing students yesterday. Tomorrow night I will be selling tickets at our basketball game, and doing professional development classes on Saturday. All of those are unpaid.

It was a gift from Carter. This whole behometh of worthless was a gift to the teacher unions in '79. And here we are with people thinking if it never existed nobody would learn anything. As if the actual levels of education haven't dropped since then.

Really? How have they dropped? What reference can you cite to prove that they have dropped?

I graduated in 1978 and my kids had much better educations than I had.
Any of your kids or grandkids wearing pussy hats and vagina costumes? If they are you failed and their education failed. Do your kids need a safe space? You failed and their education failed. Are your kids in need of trigger warnings? If so you failed and their education failed.

Traditionally they have. This is a rare phenomenon.
The more they employee, the more votes they are assured. Does anyone realize if you took away public sector unions how few votes would be left for the Dems!?!

What makes you think that union members vote the way the union wants them to vote?

Trump just got elected by union voters whose union wanted the Dems to win.

HSLDA: Common Core Issues

Not gonna happen. Although i'm not completely opposed to it. We definitely need revolutionary change in our education system. Government-run Schools are a real mess. Democrat Teacher Unions have viciously fought against every possible innovation.

The Democrats don't serve the kids' best interests. They only serve their own interests at this point. Parents desperately need viable alternatives. It is time for change. Hopefully, Betsy DeVos will be successful in delivering that change.

I'll bet you cannot name a single example of what you claim to be true.

Are you up to the game or just spitballing your pet theories?

Done asshole, now what are you going to say?

Yes, you are likely done, but you are not done being an asshole.

You didn't listen to the video. That video does nothing to answer my challenge to you.

Tell me what innovation has been opposed by the teacher;s unions and not just the NEA. You do realize there are other unions beside the NEA, right?

Teacher's unions represent teachers. Do you think the teamster's union really cares about what type of fuel mileage their trucks get? No. They represent truck drivers.

Why is it that you mental midgets think that a union is concerned about students? They don't pay my union dues, that is if I were even a member of the union.

The teachers unions are a slush fund for the D party. That is their primary purpose.

Bill introduced to terminate the Department of Education, bringing funding back to the states

"While the Senate was busy debating and finally confirming Betsy Devos as the next Secretary of Education, Representative Thomas Massie (R-KY) introduced a bill to abolish the entire Department of Education on December 31st, 2018. Rep. Massie joins Dana Loesch to discuss his bill, which has gone viral on the internet.

Rep. Massie explains how the Department of Education has roughly 4,500 bureaucrats making around $105,000 apiece a year, dictating to states what the students will learn and how they will learn it. He states by making this cut there will be more funding available to the states to be spent in the school system."

With Liberals, it always has been and always will be about CONTROL!

They should do away with that department and let the States handle the education for their States.

The Department of Education is a big waste of tax dollars since the States know what works best in their states.

I hope this one passes.

Forum List

Back