No Prison time for Bergdahl....

JoeB131

Diamond Member
Jul 11, 2011
Chicago, Chicago, that Toddling Town
Looks like the Army doesn't want to air its dirty laundry.

http://www.expressnews.com/news/loc...-Bergdahl-should-get-no-jail-time-6563841.php

Sgt. Bowe Bergdahl, accused of deserting his post in Afghanistan six years ago before his capture by the Taliban, should get no jail time, the investigator looking into his case says.

Bergdahl's attorney, Yale Law School lecturer Eugene Fidell, released a document late Friday that cited comments from the investigating officer in a preliminary hearing held weeks ago at Joint Base San Antonio-Fort Sam Houston that suggests prison isn't an option in the case.

“He found probable cause and recommended that the charges be referred to a special court-martial and that there be neither jail time nor punitive discharge,” Fidell said Saturday.

This is honestly good news for anyone interested in justice.

Looks like the Army doesn't want to air its dirty laundry.

Investigator: Bergdahl should get no jail time

Sgt. Bowe Bergdahl, accused of deserting his post in Afghanistan six years ago before his capture by the Taliban, should get no jail time, the investigator looking into his case says.

Bergdahl's attorney, Yale Law School lecturer Eugene Fidell, released a document late Friday that cited comments from the investigating officer in a preliminary hearing held weeks ago at Joint Base San Antonio-Fort Sam Houston that suggests prison isn't an option in the case.

“He found probable cause and recommended that the charges be referred to a special court-martial and that there be neither jail time nor punitive discharge,” Fidell said Saturday.

This is honestly good news for anyone interested in justice.

Only in the land of Faust.

I read that this is only one recommendation...that the General in charge of the proceedings makes the final decision.

Visger presided over last month's Article 32 hearing in Texas that reviewed evidence against Bergdahl. Visger submitted a report with his recommendation on Monday, but the Army hadn't said what Visger recommended.

Gen. Robert Abrams, the commanding general of U.S. Army Forces Command, will ultimately decide whether the case should be referred to a court-martial. No timeline has been given for a decision from Abrams.

Army officer recommends no jail time for Bowe Bergdahl, attorney says

How many guys died looking for Bergdahls' skanky ass?

according to the Army- none.

WTF?!?!?! This kid abandoned his post, disobeyed orders, and ended up costing the lives of fellow soldiers out looking for him. We should have left his ass to rot in that Afghan cave.

This "kid" was discharged from the Coast Guard on a psych discharge, but the army signed him up because they were having a hard time making headcount. They then put him in a war zone with poor leadership and hopped him up on drugs to keep him alert. I really can't get horribly worked up that he showed bad judgement when put in that situation.

I was thinking that prosecuting a mentally ill man for a bad decision was actually Kafkaeque.

This is the Army trying to cover its ass, which is what it's been doing since the day Bergdahl was captured.

I read that this is only one recommendation...that the General in charge of the proceedings makes the final decision.

I think it says a lot that this is being recommended.

If the guy really deserted, gave secrets to the enemy and got six guys killed, he's probably a lot worse than Eddie Kovacs - the last man executed for Desertion by the army.

Instead they are trying to plea this out and make it go away. the only sticking point seems to be whether he keeps his VA benefits or not.

according to the Army- none.

WTF?!?!?! This kid abandoned his post, disobeyed orders, and ended up costing the lives of fellow soldiers out looking for him. We should have left his ass to rot in that Afghan cave.

This "kid" was discharged from the Coast Guard on a psych discharge, but the army signed him up because they were having a hard time making headcount. They then put him in a war zone with poor leadership and hopped him up on drugs to keep him alert. I really can't get horribly worked up that he showed bad judgement when put in that situation.

I was thinking that prosecuting a mentally ill man for a bad decision was actually Kafkaeque.

This is the Army trying to cover its ass, which is what it's been doing since the day Bergdahl was captured.

In reality, it's the Army covering Obies' ass, which is what it's been doing since the day Bergdahl was released. Correcting you is EZ.........

Obama and the Army just want this whole embarassing TREASONOUS ordeal to go away.

Obama empties Gitmo, the Taliban 5 are too big to release, so he needs another way. Enter Bergdahl!

Bergdahl deserts, gets captured, and his captors demand money. Obama PAYS for Bergdahl's release, LIES about the 5 being part of the deal and teleases them.

Obama gives Bergdahl a hero's welcome at the WH only to have it blow up in his face. Bo is arrested for desertion.

Yet another example of Obama helping terrorists / Islamic Extremists is out in the open for everyone to see....yet another STAIN on Obama's legacy! He desperately needs this to be dropped and go away...

In reality, it's the Army covering Obies' ass, which is what it's been doing since the day Bergdahl was released. Correcting you is EZ.........

if the Army wanted to do that, they could have just given the guy an honorable discharge when he got back. No, the thing was, they made a stink about it, but now that people are looking into it, it's the Army that kind of looks bad.

Which doesn't surprise me in the least. The one thing I learned that the Army is really, really good at is covering the asses of the Officers.

Obama and the Army just want this whole embarassing TREASONOUS ordeal to go away.

Obama empties Gitmo, the Taliban 5 are too big to release, so he needs another way. Enter Bergdahl!

Really? I have never heard of these guys before.

My guess is you can't name one of them without googling it. If you don't respond with a name within 1 minute of this post, we can all know you are full of shit.

Really? I have never heard of these guys before.

My guess is you can't name one of them without googling it. If you don't respond with a name within 1 minute of this post, we can all know you are full of shit.

Honestly, I wish Obimbo had just cut these guys loose than trading them for Berghdal.

Joe, you have NEVER heard of the Taliban 5, the top 5 terrorist leaders in Afghanistan and GITMO'S most high profile inmates? Wow! Where have you been, under a rock? Maybe YOU should google them!!!

That's funny - you have not even heard of this story and you rell me if I don't give you specific names it never happened?! You liberal peers are dace-palming and groaning right now. You can't mention Bergdahl without know if the 5, since Obama claims he had to release the 5 for him!

Last edited:
Joe, Obama has shit all over his face on this because he either honored a deserter before he ever bothered to learn the details (which he often does), which still doesn't explain the 5 trade... or ... the truth, as I mentioned, can't be erased.

None.

So you believe the tweaked narratives of the higher ups........Democraps motto: Party before country!

No, I believe the investigative report done by the authorities and published in the New York Times. Not the logorrhea you read in right side re-education camps.

You must have a bumper sticker on yer' car that reads, "Obama, an Administration You Can Believe In!".
Fortunately, Putin is straightening out the Obama legacy as we speak.......and looks like the Army cannot cover his ass concerning Syria.....:lmao:.

None.

So you believe the tweaked narratives of the higher ups........Democraps motto: Party before country!

No, I believe the investigative report done by the authorities and published in the New York Times. Not the logorrhea you read in right side re-education camps.

You must have a bumper sticker on yer' car that reads, "Obama, an Administration You Can Believe In!".
Fortunately, Putin is straightening out the Obama legacy as we speak.......and looks like the Army cannot cover his ass concerning Syria.....:lmao:.

So you got nothing, otherwise you would have responded with fact not funny.

Forum List

Back