🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

No Way Out for Putin

He’s going to take ukraine, he will rebuild it, they will all move back, there will be a huge pipe line feeding the world. The funny man Zelinski will not be around, he’s a little commie punk.
How?
With an overwhelming force " he's managed to make himself and the Russian military a laughingstock.

Be specific. I'm not interested in your wish list.

He will launch his nukes. See ya shit for brains
And that achieves what? I mean besides your wettest of dreams?

You don't attack a country you're trying to occupy with nukes. Kinda destroys the value of the effort.

Try a little harder sweetie. you can come up with one cogent thought in this lifetime.

I agree the sanctions will be gone, or just totally ignored. Israel is rather friendly toward Russia though.
The evangelical futurists think Gog and Magog are coming back to invade Israel again.

You wrote: “This was is now the greatest threat to Putin's power since he got VP under Yeltsin”. Putin was never the vice president of Russia. After Yeltzin resigned, Putin was made acting president until 4 months later being elected as president.

Perhaps you are confusing one of his interim stents as prime minister or his 4 months as acting president until he was voted into office?
I stand corrected.
Prime Minister.

A distinction without a difference.

I've been studying the events in Ukraine and I'm seeing nothing buy lose-lose for Putin and his enablers in the Kremlim.

UKRAINE was supposed a "fait accompli." To be completed and over before the rest of the world or Ukraine could react. Then, like Crimea, something we don't like but about which nothing can be done.

UKR has fought back magnificently so the quick win is out. This is going to become Russia's Afghanistan part II.
The Sanctions are killing the Russian economy.
But
Not surprisingly, other than the oil speculators taking it in the shorts, the global economy is adjusting to life w/o Russia.

This was is now the greatest threat to Putin's power since he got VP under Yeltsin.

That's where we are.

Putin's goals are shattered. Not only can he not win in UKR, his personal future is mostly likely filled with assassination or execution.

Do, How does Russia get out of Ukraine while Putin saves face?

Personally, I don't see it.
The longer the war goes, the greater the opposition in Russia and the greater the likelihood of revolt among Russian leadership.
Stop the war and withdraw and the probability of arrest, imprisonment, and execution increase.
Try to draw NATO into the war by hitting NATO countries will result in Russia's and Putin's destruction.

Ukraine will not accept Russian occupation of the "contested" areas and there is some chance that Ukraine, with sufficient weapons and support actually crosses into Russian territory.

All very dangerous.

And

I don't see a way out.

Putin isn't looking #1 for the whole of Ukraine. He'll settle for portions of the East supporting a land bridge to Crimea with the written caveat that Ukraine will give up NATO ventures.
That's why he has only sent conscripts in and held his regulars back.
85% of his forces still have not crossed the border!
Meanwhile, he is punishing Ukraine by air and with the conscripts he has sent. Consider them body blows if this was a boxing match; only meant to soften an opponent up.

You're seeing what I saw on day one.

The only way to stop a war is before it starts. Once Russia was committed to battle many doors were closed.

Regardless of what you think...that Russia would be destroyed by drawing in NATO...that IMO is the worst possible outcome from the standpoint if the US and Europe. Russia may be no match for us in conventional warfare...the nuclear option makes the prospect lose-lose for everyone.

Honestly I believed Ukraine would fall quickly as well...but I still believe Russia will take Kiev in the long run. And that may be...at least in my opinion...the best outcome fir the human race on planet Earth.

If Russia takes Kiev...some substantial doorways to peace open.

The negotiations go something like this.

Russia leaves Ukraine in exchange for the disputed territories and a promise Ukraine will not join NATO.

Russia pays Ukraine restitution.

Some sanctions on Russia are eased... some are phased out over time.

Peace is restored. Putin can declare limited victory and Ukraine can claim they are a warrior people that fought Russia to a standstill and forced Putin to the negotiating table.

Ukraine may not join NATO...but believe me, they will become a powerhouse in defending against a second invasion.

Putin remains in power and Russia remains stable.

The US and Europe get an opportunity to put the Pandemic and the damage it wrought on our economies in the rearview mirror and position ourselves better in energy self-sufficiency and national manufacturing and technology infrastructure.

Again IMO we are entering Cold War II...and we had better get our house in order on the homefront...secure our borders...become more internally capable of taking care of our own durable and everyday consumer needs...or we are going to end up catastrophically wishing we had in the not to distant future...
That's what they thought about Hitler.

Putin's intent goes beyond Ukraine. He would, given the opportunity, restore the Soviet Union. That means all the way to East German.

But. back to the question.

OK, Putin takes UKR...HOW?
He's not shown the military capability to defeat a far smaller opponent.
He's not been able to pacify the Ukrainian people.
The Russian people are beginning to revolt...

So, how?

Putin's intent goes beyond Ukraine. He would, given the opportunity, restore the Soviet Union. That means all the way to East German.

So, how?

What comic book western propaganda hooked your nose? :disbelief:

I've been studying the events in Ukraine and I'm seeing nothing buy lose-lose for Putin and his enablers in the Kremlim.

UKRAINE was supposed a "fait accompli." To be completed and over before the rest of the world or Ukraine could react. Then, like Crimea, something we don't like but about which nothing can be done.
What is the "rest of the world"? There are Eurocentrists, Saudis and China who are now fucking America in the ass, and who else besides them? Australia? Zimbabwe?

Do you know that all this time, 50 or more years, when Germany was burning Russian gas, in Siberia, where this gas is extracted from, old women stoked stoves with wood, and now they were forbidden to get even deadwood?

So, how?
Putin invaded with 150,000-190,000. Ukraine had 209,000 to start. You should inform yourself better. Less than half of Putin's forces were in Ukraine in the first week. The Ukrainians got stomped on day one.

Do you know that all this time, 50 or more years, when Germany was burning Russian gas, in Siberia, where this gas is extracted from, old women stoked stoves with wood, and now they were forbidden to get even deadwood?
Look at a map. Lots of the gas comes from the Stans.

Forum List

Back