Zone1 No Wonder Why I Had Doubts In God's Existence Before

It's because it is logical to look both ways before crossing the street. There's nothing subjective about that. Yes, you have a preference that your child is safe and learns doing things the right way. That doesn't negate the logic involved. It's when your preference for an outcome negates logic that it interferes with your objectivity.
Only because the preference is to not get hit by a bus.
It is not logical to look both ways if your preference is to kill yourself

That's a huge leap in logic. I tell you what I disagree with because I am obligated to speak the truth. Not because I want to force you into anything. That's entirely between you and God.

Your truth you mean. The very fact that you say you speak "the truth" illustrates your own bias that you are correct and people who disagree with you are wrong.

IF there is a god we mere humans would be unable to comprehend it just as a mayfly cannot comprehend the human mind
And has no bearing on what I wrote.

I believe God is beyond human comprehension but that shouldn't stop us from trying to comprehend God and know God. Like I said before, the power of faith is amazing. It turns on all the learning centers of the mind.

Only because the preference is to not get hit by a bus.
It is not logical to look both ways if your preference is to kill yourself
It's pretty amazing that you don't believe you can be objective about anything.

And has no bearing on what I wrote.

I believe God is beyond human comprehension but that shouldn't stop us from trying to comprehend God and know God. Like I said before, the power of faith is amazing. It turns on all the learning centers of the mind.

More opinion.

Learning and faith have little to do with each other.

There are people far more intelligent than you who you would say have no faith.

Your truth you mean. The very fact that you say you speak "the truth" illustrates your own bias that you are correct and people who disagree with you are wrong.
There is a final state of fact for all things. This is called reality or objective truth. According to you it would not be possible for anyone to ever discover reality or objective truth because you don't believe anyone can ever be objective about anything.

reality: the world or the state of things as they actually exist, as opposed to an idealistic or notional idea of them.

My personal life is meaningless in the larger picture.
I'm so sorry. Why do you feel you don't matter?
Do you really believe that if something does not happen to you personally that it doesn't happen or that it is a rare event?
Remember the Serenity Prayer? God grant me the serenity to accept things I cannot change, courage to change things I can, and wisdom to know the difference.

I am not such an egomaniac or so arrogant as to believe I can change the world by micromanaging each individual life. I do focus on my sphere of influence, as small as that sphere is.

I don't try to quantify love because it is impossible to do. People use the word love far to much that it has become almost meaningless.
What "other people" do seems to really disturb you. Are you so perfect and live in such a perfect place you need give no thought to your own self improvement or the expansion of your own horizons? That might be more fulfilling than spending your time judging others--including God.

You have a small part of the world. Change that.

More opinion.

Learning and faith have little to do with each other.

There are people far more intelligent than you who you would say have no faith.
Faith turns on all the learning centers of the mind. It's just science.

There is a final state of fact for all things. This is called reality or objective truth. According to you it would not be possible for anyone to ever discover reality or objective truth because you don't believe anyone can ever be objective about anything.

reality: the world or the state of things as they actually exist, as opposed to an idealistic or notional idea of them.

That there is a god is not objective because there is no proof. If it was objective you could convince every single atheist and agnostic that a good exists.

We can't discover any objective truth because we do not see what actually is. All of our perceptions are nothing but approximations of what the electrical signals that are carried to our brain via our sense organs mean.

You can be stimulated quite easily to see hear taste smell and feel what is not there with just a little electric current delivered via a hair thin wire placed on various parts of the brain.

Your perception of what is your own body can be tricked quire easily and you can be made to believe a rubber hand is actually part of your body.

All these things contradict your assertion that we can via our senses and brains see the objective truth of "reality"

Faith turns on all the learning centers of the mind. It's just science.

No not really.

If it was there would be conclusive evidence that people with religious faith are better learners and/or more intelligent than those without religious faith.

That there is a god is not objective because there is no proof.
Sure there is. Existence itself is the evidence (i.e. the creation and evolution of space and time)

As I told Allen G in this thread... The only evidence is indirect evidence. And you have rejected every single piece of indirect evidence. So it's a fair question to ask of you... what evidence are you looking for exactly? Because I don't believe you are genuine in that. You don't even have a reasonable perception of God, so I am wondering how in the hell you can say honestly that you have made a reasonable effort.

We can't discover any objective truth because we do not see what actually is. All of our perceptions are nothing but approximations of what the electrical signals that are carried to our brain via our sense organs mean.
Which means you must believe you know nothing at all.

You can be stimulated quite easily to see hear taste smell and feel what is not there with just a little electric current delivered via a hair thin wire placed on various parts of the brain.

Your perception of what is your own body can be tricked quire easily and you can be made to believe a rubber hand is actually part of your body.

All these things contradict your assertion that we can via our senses and brains see the objective truth of "reality"
Again... this means you must believe you know nothing at all and are unable to see reality.

No not really.

If it was there would be conclusive evidence that people with religious faith are better learners and/or more intelligent than those without religious faith.
It's the basis for the success of Western Civilization. It's called the happiness advantage.

It's the basis for the success of Western Civilization. It's called the happiness advantage.
I just read this AM an article on the cleanliness of the Western Cowboy era, or the lack of I mean. I want to point to religion as the cleanliness of the soul. Notice when sentenced to death, the typical convict turns to religion. To clean his soul.

Forum List

Back