Noah and his boat -

What's there to argue about? If you don't believe in God, you wouldn't believe about the Ark. One day, if you're really lucky you can ask God about it yourself when you are judged. That is, if you make it there to be judged and if God takes questions.

do you need to account for those strong enough to swim to the Himalyas or could He just stop when the last one drowned?.......
the term cover the earth in water in the biblical context means THE WHOLE EARTH INCLUDING THE HIMALAYAS there would be no exceptions.
but since it's campfire tale religiously embellished by religion anything is possible.

The Bible does not lie

If God says he covered the whole earth....he covered the whole earth
Mt Everest included

So you're saying the man who wrote Genesis was perfect? I thought Jesus was the only one.

I think taking everything in the Bible literally is not God's intent.

Of course to cover 29,000 feet of earth in 40 days would take a rainfall of 6 in/minute

It would take quite a boat to withstand that rainstorm for 40 days given the currect record for rain being 1.23 inches in a minute

water also came up from under the crust of the earth also....

Of course to cover 29,000 feet of earth in 40 days would take a rainfall of 6 in/minute

It would take quite a boat to withstand that rainstorm for 40 days given the currect record for rain being 1.23 inches in a minute

water also came up from under the crust of the earth also....

Yeah, I saw "Journey To The Center Of The Earth" too.

Pat Boone. James Mason.

the term cover the earth in water in the biblical context means THE WHOLE EARTH INCLUDING THE HIMALAYAS there would be no exceptions.
but since it's campfire tale religiously embellished by religion anything is possible.

The Bible does not lie

If God says he covered the whole earth....he covered the whole earth
Mt Everest included
god may not lie but the people who wrote the bible spun some major whoppers.....

you should hear the ones we get from atheists wielding the text as a sledge hammer......

Here we go again, mocking the Bible.

For those that don't know, there were a variety of flood myths in that region that differ somewhat such as ancient Sumerian texts that have been unearthed. So what does that tell us? That tells us that there was a flood and that there were people who survived it to tell the world about it.

The only other option is, people made up the story about a flood without actually experiencing what a flood actually was. That would be like describing what an I-phone was back then without actually seeing one. That's right dingleberries, I'm calling you mocking Bible haters stupid. The Bible is a valuable historical document in a region where very little historical data has been saved and it should be valued as such. You may not agree with the account given, but to say there was no flood is just plain daft.

Last edited:
the same folks who demand the flood story be understood only literally are the one's who also would insist there have to be only a dozen generations between Adam and Noah......even if every generation had twenty children and all but one of them were women how many people did God have to drown if he left eight alive?.....

here's a clue....if you are going to insist the Bible must be interpreted 100% literally he would only have needed to flood a single valley to get everyone......

Last edited:
the same folks who demand the flood story be understood only literally are the one's who also would insist there have to be only a dozen generations between Adam and Noah......even if every generation had twenty children and all but one of them were women how many people did God have to drown if he left eight alive?.....

here's a clue....if you are going to insist the Bible must be interpreted 100% literally he would only have needed to flood a single valley to get everyone......

How is this answering my question?

Why do all ancient myths in that region have a flood story? How did they even know what a flood was?

zero water soluble animals too?

Anyone here hear of Biblical Archaeology? I'll give you a hint, it has nothing to do with Bible Thumpers.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back