Noah and his boat -

Why is it you tards cannot think??? have you never seen a flood?There would have been rafts of trees, brush, grass, tossed by waves mabe 10 or more feet high and most likely miles long!!!

Sure the aquatic plants would survive, not redwoods...

Again silly non-thinker!!! in a huge flood there would huge rafts of floating trees,tree seeds brush,grass and other trash, those floating rafts would be tossed by waves and most likely be many feet high and miles long covered by millions of insects,bugs and such.

You got any proof for your theory or is this just a big cloud of fart smoke?

Again silly non-thinker!!! in a huge flood there would huge rafts of floating trees,tree seeds brush,grass and other trash, those floating rafts would be tossed by waves and most likely be many feet high and miles long covered by millions of insects,bugs and such.

You got any proof for your theory or is this just a big cloud of fart smoke?[/QUOTE=====================NO THEORY!!! HAVE YOU NEVER SEEN A FLOOD???

You got any proof for your theory or is this just a big cloud of fart smoke?[/QUOTE=====================NO THEORY!!! HAVE YOU NEVER SEEN A FLOOD???

Not for 40 days, you fucking idiot.

WE TODAY HAVE HUGE RAFTS OF FLOATING TRASH IN OCEANS!!1=== 31, 2007
There Really 'Continents' of Floating Garbage?
Trashpattern_2Since stories have started surfacing more recently, many have wondered, if the rumors are true. Are there really 'continents', or massive
floating garbage patches residing in the pacific ocean? Apparently, the rumors are true, and these unsightly patches are reportedly
killing marine life and releasing poisons that enter the human food chain, as well. However, before you start imagining a plastic version of Maui, keep in mind that these plastic patches certainly aren'tsolid surfaced islands that you could build a house on! Ocean currents have collected massive amounts of garbage into a sort of plastic "soup" where countless bits of discarded plastic float intertwined just beneath the surface. Indeed, the human race has really made its mark. One enormous plastic patch is estimated to weigh over 3 million tons altogether and cover an area roughly twice the size of Texas.

HONOLULU -- Up to 20 million tons of tsunami debris floating from Japan could arrive on Hawaii's shores by early 2013, before reaching the West Coast, according to estimates by University of Hawaii scientists. A Russian training ship spotted the junk -- including a refrigerator, a television set and other appliances -- in an area of the Pacific Ocean where the scientists from the university's International Pacific Research Center predicted it would be. The biggest proof that the debris is from the Japanese tsunami is a fishing boat that's been traced to the Fukushima Prefecture, the area hardest hit by the March 11 disaster. Jan Hafner, a scientific computer programmer, told The Associated Press on Tuesday that researchers' projections show the debris would reach the coasts of Alaska, Oregon, Washington and Canada around 2014. They estimate the debris field is spread out across an area that's roughly 2,000 miles long and 1,000 miles wide located between Japan and Midway Atoll, where pieces could wash up in January. Just how much has already sunk and what portion is still floating is unknown.

Read more here: Huge raft of Japan tsunami debris floats toward Hawaii | Environment | ADN.com

I used to get into arguments with friends over what in the Bible must be taken literally. They said everything. I said that even Jesus said some of his stories were fables meant to tell a moral story, not that it actually happened. Some would say he was lying. Well, no. He was telling a story to make it easier for his philosophy to be understood by applying it to realistic situations.

The Bible was about the linage of Jesus Christ. Back in those days people didn't get around much, so if some other family was spared from the flood in another part of the world they wouldn't know it.
next time ask them if the verse that says the cattle on a thousand hills sing the praises of the Lord meant that the cattle on hill #1001 were ungrateful..........
was the word cattle a euphemism for believers or if taken literally bovines?

more likely it was an expression intended to communicate "all of creation".......in context particularly, the non-human portion of creation......as in, "since all of God's creation worships him, why would we not worship him"......

Last edited:
I used to get into arguments with friends over what in the Bible must be taken literally. They said everything. I said that even Jesus said some of his stories were fables meant to tell a moral story, not that it actually happened. Some would say he was lying. Well, no. He was telling a story to make it easier for his philosophy to be understood by applying it to realistic situations.

The Bible was about the linage of Jesus Christ. Back in those days people didn't get around much, so if some other family was spared from the flood in another part of the world they wouldn't know it.

Actually, nothing Jesus said was ever written down. What is attributed to Jesus was written several generations after Jesus died.

lol.....why do people keep saying that?......

Actually, nothing Jesus said was ever written down. What is attributed to Jesus was written several generations after Jesus died.

The New Testament was mostly written by his disciples after his crucifixion. Many of them were dead not long afterwards. It has been translated numerous times. Some of the meaning may have been lost.
They were "written" by the disciples? Really? Says who?

Where do we see them defending their versions/gospels against their contempories? Do you know?

more significantly, did any of their contemporaries deny their authorship?......the answer to your first question is that their contemporaries were the ones who said they were written by the disciples....

You got any proof for your theory or is this just a big cloud of fart smoke?

you mean like the proof you submitted for dead redwoods?.......

People make up arguments when the answer is "no".

They don't know what happened 2,000 years ago. They weren't there so they'd rather manufacture the evidence or argument and tell us.

John 3:19 And this is the condemnation, that light is come into the world, and men loved darkness rather than light, because their deeds were evil.
John 3:20 For every one that doeth evil hateth the light, neither cometh to the light, lest his deeds should be reproved.

I stopped focusing on Apologetics after I learned John 3:19-20 because the pastor said their answer to the truth is "no" so they don't care about the truth. People who don't care about the law do what? They break it. People who don't care about the truth do what? You can answer that one.

In contrast:

John 3:21 But he that doeth truth cometh to the light, that his deeds may be made manifest, that they are wrought in God.

The person who hears God's voice or is given faith by God is usually someone who loves God and that person usually doesn't go out of their way to lie about it unless they are a false teacher.

That is the theological answer to your question.

So did Noah have any plants on his boat? Because after 40 days under water, everything would have died.

Some plants are able to survive drought for a couple of years. Some seeds won't germinate for months, even years. You'd be surprised what will survive under the most harsh conditions.

So did Noah have any plants on his boat? Because after 40 days under water, everything would have died.

Some plants are able to survive drought for a couple of years. Some seeds won't germinate for months, even years. You'd be surprised what will survive under the most harsh conditions.

So all the species of cacti can survive floating in water for 40 days? Hmmm, don't think so.

"
Wallace explained that the fragment was dated by one of the world's leading paleographers. The oldest manuscript that had Mark in it was Papyrus 45 (P45), from the early third century (c. AD 200–250). This new fragment would predate P45 by 100 to 150 years, almost certainly placing it in the first century and making it the oldest of its kind, according to the professor. The other oldest known manuscript of the New Testament has been P52 (discovered in 1934), a small fragment from John's Gospel, dated to the first half of the second century."

Earliest manuscript of Gospel of Mark reportedly found
www.christiantoday.co.in/articles/earliest-manuscript-of-gospel-of-Mark-reportedly-found

"
Wallace explained that the fragment was dated by one of the world's leading paleographers. The oldest manuscript that had Mark in it was Papyrus 45 (P45), from the early third century (c. AD 200–250). This new fragment would predate P45 by 100 to 150 years, almost certainly placing it in the first century and making it the oldest of its kind, according to the professor. The other oldest known manuscript of the New Testament has been P52 (discovered in 1934), a small fragment from John's Gospel, dated to the first half of the second century."

Earliest manuscript of Gospel of Mark reportedly found
www.christiantoday.co.in/articles/earliest-manuscript-of-gospel-of-Mark-reportedly-found

oh.....I see......you meant to say we only have copies of the original work.......that makes it better, because what you said instead made you sound really, really ignorant........

Last edited:
TRUTH=The Holybible = God's inspired(God breathed) eternal living word to mankind.

Danged inconvenient facts.

BIDWohQCUAAKERM.jpg:large

Anyone seen the movie?

No. I think for myself which is why I don't watch PBS.

That's enough space for the DNA of each animal.

So all the species of cacti can survive floating in water for 40 days? Hmmm, don't think so.

Supposedly it rained for 40 days. It took awhile for the waters to recede.

I imagine most of the plants died but they grew from seed or from existing root structures. Moses sent out birds to look for land. One day one found plants and returned with a piece of one in his mouth. The last time he sent them out many didn't return, which means they found land and food.

I still believe there were isolated pockets that weren't touched by the flood. Nature took it from there.

Last edited:

Supposedly it rained for 40 days. It took awhile for the waters to recede.

I imagine most of the plants died but they grew from seed or from existing root structures. Moses sent out birds to look for land. One day one found plants and returned with a piece of one in his mouth. The last time he sent them out many didn't return, which means they found land and food.

I still believe there were isolated pockets that weren't touched by the flood. Nature took it from there.
Didn't Noah send out the birds? And if the earth was completely flooded for 40 days, there wouldn't have been any ground based plants left alive. But you're a heretic, you don't believe the world was flooded.

Satan Blinded,ignorant unbelievers can always find more and more reasons to doubt and not believe=that is what they do!

Forum List

Back