Non Cliquity Clack Club

Thanks!!

Meanwhile....HUBBY SCORED! He brought home TWO HUNDRED books from the swap meet! My library is now...a library. Minus the room, lol. Soon as the inlaws get out..I will be painting it a soothing soft darkish slate green, hang white lace curtains so the sun comes in, adding a huge house plant in one corner, adding all the shelves and painting them the same green, laying the persian carpet I have stuffed in the shed, placing the big wingback chair in one corner and a footstool to match, a neat end table with a lamp on it, and strewn in corners will be big fluffy pillows. Only thing left I have to place is the boston fern hanging from the cathedral ceiling in front of the window..or in the corner next to the window.

Library!! And I have not gone thru all the books yet cuz I want to be surprised. But I DID see a Speak German Fast book, Spanish Lessons book, gardening books, craft books, fiction, non fiction, Quotes By Abraham Lincoln, etc. It's a treasure trove! He paid 20 bucks and there are FIVE huge boxes in there on the floor.

I'm excited!

Thanks!!

Meanwhile....HUBBY SCORED! He brought home TWO HUNDRED books from the swap meet! My library is now...a library. Minus the room, lol. Soon as the inlaws get out..I will be painting it a soothing soft darkish slate green, hang white lace curtains so the sun comes in, adding a huge house plant in one corner, adding all the shelves and painting them the same green, laying the persian carpet I have stuffed in the shed, placing the big wingback chair in one corner and a footstool to match, a neat end table with a lamp on it, and strewn in corners will be big fluffy pillows. Only thing left I have to place is the boston fern hanging from the cathedral ceiling in front of the window..or in the corner next to the window.

Library!! And I have not gone thru all the books yet cuz I want to be surprised. But I DID see a Speak German Fast book, Spanish Lessons book, gardening books, craft books, fiction, non fiction, Quotes By Abraham Lincoln, etc. It's a treasure trove! He paid 20 bucks and there are FIVE huge boxes in there on the floor.

I'm excited!

Libraries are so cool! Having one in your own home is even cooler. :smiliehug:

I know! I used to have TONS of books. But the past 15 years, I got rid of them all except for a scant few. I miss books. A house is not a house without a dog or a cat..and BOOKS.

Fixing to have me a library again!! I am so excited to look thru them all. It will be like xmas! But I ain't gonna look til the room is ready and they are placed on the shelves.

I gotta spread Deri....soon as I can, I'm gonna smooch ya with some greenies just cuz. :smiliehug:

Thanks!!

I'm excited!

Muy bueno....Gracie....:)

I know! I used to have TONS of books. But the past 15 years, I got rid of them all except for a scant few. I miss books. A house is not a house without a dog or a cat..and BOOKS.

Fixing to have me a library again!! I am so excited to look thru them all. It will be like xmas! But I ain't gonna look til the room is ready and they are placed on the shelves.

I gotta spread Deri....soon as I can, I'm gonna smooch ya with some greenies just cuz. :smiliehug:

Did you see the awesome sculpture that Becki posted?

f3fd29c34d71a627f18236c9fbe37364.jpg

http://www.usmessageboard.com/8999955-post727.html

Did you see the awesome sculpture that Becki posted?

f3fd29c34d71a627f18236c9fbe37364.jpg

http://www.usmessageboard.com/8999955-post727.html

That is so pretty.....thanks for sharing it Deri.

Speaking of libraries...I am POOPED and walking like 90 year old. BUT...I got the little room painted. Didn't do the ceiling...just ran out of umph. But...it's all done. Except the shelves. Which will be put up tomorrow. Once the room is completely done...I will take a pic.

Got the pics hung, the drapes hung, the carpet layed, the wingback chair in there along with the footstool, got the plants in there (2 from outside...a house palm and a spider plant), the end table, my golden dragon on the end table and my lamp on the table in front of the golden dragon.

Dayum. Took all day and it's such a SMALL room. I remember when I could do a 2 bedroom apartment...ALL ROOMS in less than 8 hours. By myself. Not no mo'. Oy.

Great pic, Becki!! Love that book fountain. Bet it's in front of a library, ain't it?

I like the animated one but I love the face palm bear. However, since this is not MY club but OURS...I will leave it to the denizens of NCCC. :)

I like the animated one but I love the face palm bear. However, since this is not MY club but OURS...I will leave it to the denizens of NCCC. :)

Ah Gawd....not that particular anmiated one....I'll have to find another place to Clack....:lol::lol:

My vote is to keep the one we have.

The boop one drives me bonkers. Obviously. So...how does one turn off animated gifs again? I forgot.

Thank you. I like the one I picked out. Hope everyone else is ok with it too. It suits.

Speaking of libraries...I am POOPED and walking like 90 year old. BUT...I got the little room painted. Didn't do the ceiling...just ran out of umph. But...it's all done. Except the shelves. Which will be put up tomorrow. Once the room is completely done...I will take a pic.

Got the pics hung, the drapes hung, the carpet layed, the wingback chair in there along with the footstool, got the plants in there (2 from outside...a house palm and a spider plant), the end table, my golden dragon on the end table and my lamp on the table in front of the golden dragon.

Dayum. Took all day and it's such a SMALL room. I remember when I could do a 2 bedroom apartment...ALL ROOMS in less than 8 hours. By myself. Not no mo'. Oy.

Great pic, Becki!! Love that book fountain. Bet it's in front of a library, ain't it?

Damn Gracie, you make me tired just reading about all the work you do.....I spent all day cleaning our bathroom in between running outside and moving the sprinkler....got my exercise in that way. Be sure and post some pictures.....:)

Been in the library room and separating all the books.....little to HUGE.

Wow. LOTS of different books, just like I wanted. How to speak Spanish, How to speak German, cook books, a HUGE book with the price tag of 74.95 on it on the Who's Who of Hollywood and how to contact agencies etc, couple of really OLD books he just looked up on ebay and one is listed at 295 bucks!, antique books, a book of Hall Marks (like on sterling silver and such..which will come in handy), nature books, sea life books, and quite a few...drumroll....Native America Indian Tribe books. It was like christmas! They are all stacked on the floor now...waiting for the shelving to be put up tomorrow. But first I have to paint the wood, then hubby will attach the brackets and UP they will go!

I burned my damn feet! Who woulda thunk standing outside HERE in this neck of the woods, that just watering the lawn barefoot, I would get two blisters on my pinky toes and the top of my feet bright red? Dayum! I knew it was hot today...so hot it was uncomfortable....but getting a sunburn on my feet for the short amount of time I was out there watering? Really?

Good thing I have aloe growing in my garden. Just rubbed a shitload of it all over my poor tootsies. They HURT!

Meanwhile..I did finish the Library room. I posted a pic of it in Cheers if nobody has seen it yet.

I need more books, lol.

And...I just got a call for the room. The guy will be here tomorrow during his lunch break. He sounds like a possible!

Forum List

Back