North Carolian Republican "Resigns" After Racist Remarks On Daily Show

"I mean, you got the first mainstream African-American who is articulate and bright and clean and a nice-looking guy" first one ever. Amazing.

Unfortunately - This guy is not an abberation. He obviously rose through the ranks of the local GOP.

Unfortunately - This guy is not an abberation. He obviously rose through the ranks of the local GOP.

I say again, as a resident of the area, I believe he is an aberration personally. I know of no place or people in Buncombe County where that kind of attitude is even known, let alone practiced, regardless of political party.

Is it logical to extrapolate, "here's a racist, and he's a Republican official, therefore Republicans are all racists"? Of course not. That would be as fallacious as the "libtards all (______ insert blanket statement verb here)" that we read all over the board every day.

It is instructive however to assess what kind of political position he chose to exercise his voter tampering fantasies. It says something about ethics if not racism.

I say again, as a resident of the area, I believe he is an aberration personally. I know of no place or people in Buncombe County where that kind of attitude is even known, let alone practiced, regardless of political party.

Is it logical to extrapolate, "here's a racist, and he's a Republican official, therefore Republicans are all racists"? Of course not. That would be as fallacious as the "libtards all (______ insert blanket statement verb here)" that we read all over the board every day.

It is instructive however to assess what kind of political position he chose to exercise his voter tampering fantasies. It says something about ethics if not racism.

I agree - there are abnormally ignorant people in both parties. And I didn't mean to speak directly about the Ashville area. I've only been there twice. Seems like there is a fair number of "artsy" types there.

But I've lived and traveled across the south for most of my life. It is not hard to find folks just like him.

some children shouldn't be allowed access to computers

then we dumb stuff like this thread

yawn

"THERE ARE WHITE ******* AND BLACK *******" according to the man from West Virginny who never resigned until death. Good thing that quote was never broadcast, otherwise the democrats would have demanded he resign.

"THERE ARE WHITE ******* AND BLACK *******" according to the man from West Virginny who never resigned until death. Good thing that quote was never broadcast, otherwise the democrats would have demanded he resign.

Its a shame republican officials are held to a higher standard than dems, in most cases. It's how the media gets em elected and keep em there, though.

Its a shame republican officials are held to a higher standard than dems, in most cases. It's how the media gets em elected and keep em there, though.

Why? Is that statement racist?

Explain.

Last edited:
Racism is pretty widespread in West Virginia too.
Some of the biggest riots over school desegregation were in Boston

Racism certainly isn't confined to a single party or a single region or a single race.

I'm sorry if this reality doesn't provide any talking points ... but that's just the way it is.

Explain.

You're right, nothing racist from the mouth of a man who once proudly wore the pointy white hat and robe ensemble.

Is anyone shocked?

Not shocked at all. See unlike the Democrats who exalt racists. Republicans demand they get out of the party.

So no. Im not shocked that this fool was forced to resign after making completely inappropriate and stupid comments.

The question is why do Democrats still put up with this bullcrap?

Point, point, point. It's like watching a boomerang. "This is what's happened." "Well, DEMOCRATS!"

/sigh

Explain.

You're right, nothing racist from the mouth of a man who once proudly wore the pointy white hat and robe ensemble.

So... you can't make the case either.

Thanks for playin'.

Forum List

Back