North Carolian Republican "Resigns" After Racist Remarks On Daily Show

Its a shame republican officials are held to a higher standard than dems, in most cases. It's how the media gets em elected and keep em there, though.

Why? Is that statement racist?

Explain.

You're right, nothing racist from the mouth of a man who once proudly wore the pointy white hat and robe ensemble.

To be honest - the fact that the man WAS a racist doesn't mean every utterance was racist.

This one clearly was. Defending the use of the word as if it is not prima facia racism, clearly qualifys.

Is anyone shocked?

Not shocked at all. See unlike the Democrats who exalt racists. Republicans demand they get out of the party.

So no. Im not shocked that this fool was forced to resign after making completely inappropriate and stupid comments.

The question is why do Democrats still put up with this bullcrap?

You're asking why Democrats put up with this Republican party official huh.

OK then...

Why? Is that statement racist?

Explain.

You're right, nothing racist from the mouth of a man who once proudly wore the pointy white hat and robe ensemble.

To be honest - the fact that the man WAS a racist doesn't mean every utterance was racist.

This one clearly was. Defending the use of the word as if it is not prima facia racism, clearly qualifys.

Not so clearly.
Explain where the racism is in that. :eusa_whistle:

Let me make sure I understand this...

The Republicans forced the resignation of a party member because his remarks are construed as racism, but the policies that are based on racists notions are kept?

Why do I feel like something fundemental is being missed here?

You almost gotta laugh. The comedy channel has officially become the political opinion source for the left. Nothing new here except the typical plantation mentality of the radical left. When will smart Black people ever get sick of the way the radical left tries to keep them on the paantation? Do lefties still think that Black people in North Carolina are incapable of obtaining a photo I.D. in the 21st century? The comedy channel seems to think so.

In fact John Stewart and Steven Colbert are the chief news sources of Americans under 30 years old. Sad, but true.

Is anyone shocked?

Not shocked at all. See unlike the Democrats who exalt racists. Republicans demand they get out of the party.

So no. Im not shocked that this fool was forced to resign after making completely inappropriate and stupid comments.

The question is why do Democrats still put up with this bullcrap?

You're asking why Democrats put up with this Republican party official huh.

OK then...

No. Im asking why the put up with the blatant racism in their party while we force ours out.

The Republicans forced the resignation of a party member because his remarks are construed as racism, but the policies that are based on racists notions are kept?

Liiiike - maybe they threw him under the bus?

You mean like the non existent racist policies?

North Carolina Precinct Chair and member of North Carolina Republican Party Executive Board ("E" Board) resigned his post after his appearance on the "Daily Show With Jon Stewart".

Suppressing the Vote - The Daily Show with Jon Stewart - 10/23/13 - Video Clip | Comedy Central.

Yelton was critical of "Lazy black people that wants the government to give them everything".

Yelton also used the "N" word several times and made reference how, when he was younger "You did not call them black, you called them negro".

Yelton also admitted the new Voter Registration Law was aimed Democratic Party Voters.

Yelton concluded by saying that "I post at USMB under the name of Bucs90"

North Carolina Precinct Chair and member of North Carolina Republican Party Executive Board ("E" Board) resigned his post after his appearance on the "Daily Show With Jon Stewart".

Suppressing the Vote - The Daily Show with Jon Stewart - 10/23/13 - Video Clip | Comedy Central.

Yelton was critical of "Lazy black people that wants the government to give them everything".

Yelton also used the "N" word several times and made reference how, when he was younger "You did not call them black, you called them negro".

Yelton also admitted the new Voter Registration Law was aimed Democratic Party Voters.
If his opinions are so widespread among the GOP...why did he resign?

/thread

How do you double-Thank a post??

Thank you.

Thank you.

As a White Male born in the Cotton South (Arkansas) this is type of ignorant White Racist Trash that makes me sick.

This is also the White Racist Trash that currently populate the Republican Party. He makes me ashamed to from the South.

Yet, the Republican Party is openly embracing these people.
Then why did he resign?

Good Gaea, you're a dumbass.

/thread

North Carolina Republican Party Chairman Claude Pope swiftly called for Yelton's resignation.

"The North Carolina Republican Party finds the comments made by Mr. Yelton to be completely inappropriate and highly offensive," Pope said in a statement, adding that Yelton "does not speak for either the Buncombe County Republican Party or the North Carolina Republican Party."

I'm guessing because there's overt and covert, and he wasn't supposed to do the overt bit.

/thread

North Carolina Republican Party Chairman Claude Pope swiftly called for Yelton's resignation.

"The North Carolina Republican Party finds the comments made by Mr. Yelton to be completely inappropriate and highly offensive," Pope said in a statement, adding that Yelton "does not speak for either the Buncombe County Republican Party or the North Carolina Republican Party."

I'm guessing because there's overt and covert, and he wasn't supposed to do the overt bit.

So covert that no one in the party knows about it and we demand that over racists resign.

/thread

That's crap, hon. You read what Pogo said...there's next to none of that attitude in the county.

"THERE ARE WHITE ******* AND BLACK *******" according to the man from West Virginny who never resigned until death. Good thing that quote was never broadcast, otherwise the democrats would have demanded he resign.

Because he continued to bring in the jobs/pork to WV. No more, no less.

Not so clearly.
Explain where the racism is in that. :eusa_whistle:

Seriously?
Defending the use of the word, and trying to insinuate that there is nothing "racial" in its use, is prima facia racism.

Why use the word? Why defend the use of it? The word is a knife. It is intended to cut. It's like the word "Fag." Oh you can try to argue that it could reffer to a ciggarette or a torch - but the intended purpose of the word is to offend and to put a person down.

In the case of the N word - it is intended as a racial slur to put down and demean a person because of the color of their skin. It is racist - no denying that. To try to defend and de-vilify racism is racist.

Last edited:
If he where a democrat he could be Senate majority leader, maybe even President

Last edited:
I finally watched the Daily Show piece. I wish people would quit saying the Voting Rights Act was overturned. It wasn't. All that was said was that it was wrong to restrict people based on 40-year-old information. People who don't discriminate based on race anymore were continuing to be punished while other places which had inequities not recognized 40 years ago were not being scrutinized. It's ironic that people who accuse Republicans of putting politics over science are so resistant to using current information to tackle the problem of discrimination.

Forum List

Back