Not all of The Cancelled are innocent.

I bet 90% of "cancelled" people didn't deserve it really. It's almost always brought on by a lunch of pussies that got their feelings hurt and decided to destroy someone life.

I bet 90% of "cancelled" people didn't deserve it really. It's almost always brought on by a lunch of pussies that got their feelings hurt and decided to destroy someone life.
Hopefully those who support Freedom will master the art of legally destroying those who participate in Progressive Cancel Culture. See my signature.

If the Republicans had a lock on society as the dems do, I'm fairly certain you'd have a different opinion.
Hopefully Republicans will make anyone who supports Cancel Culture very unwelcome and unemployable -- at least in counties which are over 70% Republican.

Would you say the right wingers going against the Dixie Chicks is an example of "Cancel Culture"?
No, because that didn't happen. Radio stations decided not to play their music. That's not cancel culture. Cancel culture is when one side organizes against a company or a person and demands they shut someone out, often with a consequence like a boycott.

If someone decided they want to take an action because they don't like what someone did, that's fine, but when you have a party, like the dems, or antifa that says to someone else "you need to fire someone or we will do ....", that's cancel culture

No, because that didn't happen. Radio stations decided not to play their music. That's not cancel culture. Cancel culture is when one side organizes against a company or a person and demands they shut someone out, often with a consequence like a boycott.

If someone decided they want to take an action because they don't like what someone did, that's fine, but when you have a party, like the dems, or antifa that says to someone else "you need to fire someone or we will do ....", that's cancel culture
Hopefully Conservatives learn that art -- it may take a decade. That would make Progressives unemployable in all mostly Conservative counties.

Actually, if the radio stations organized to take them off the air, then I'd say yeah, that could be cancel culture, and it would be wrong. The chick's are allowed to have their opinion, and it shouldn't be up to those who disagree to try and force them out of business.

Hopefully Conservatives learn that art -- it may take a decade. That would make Progressives unemployable in all mostly Conservative counties.
Nah, we don't like it when they do it to us, so we shouldn't do it to them. I'd hope that we could all just stop the practice in general. The problem is, dems control pretty much everything and they will take every opportunity to cause problems and hurt the republican party, so, unfortunately, the repubs have to use the same tactics against them, which isnthe wrong way to go about it, but anything less means the dems just walk all over them.

It's just harder to repubs to do anything about it because the dems pretty much have a lock on everything, so they have all the power.

Perhaps. But Conservatives need at least a decade to match the efficiency of Progressives.

I'll take "Perhaps" as a "yes" then.

I doubt the conservatives need at least a decade to match the progressives. It's probably more that you see and hear about the progressives doing it all the time, and therefore that's what you know.

Literally I had conservatives, after some Muslim attack in either Belgium or Paris, saying "Why don't the Muslims condone this?" and it took me a minute to find HUNDREDS of Muslims and Muslim groups condoning this.

People see what they want to see.

I sure wish we had this sentiment back in the early oughts over The Dixie Chicks.

I would limit Progressives freedom to spread Hate and Misinformation. See my signature.

So you would limit freedom of speech in order to protect freedom of speech then?

You can't limit one group rather than other. You either limit everyone, or you limit no one.

I can't see you signature.

Not all of The Cancelled are innocent. Most are. Thus Cancel Culture is evil and my signature stands.

Genuine racists, anti-Semites, and Holocaust deniers deserve some penalty. In most of Europe, they can be imprisoned. For instance the famous Count Dankula joked about gassing Jew.

Genuine Misogynists may deserve penalty. Punishing only Misogyny and not Misandry is unfair.

People who get cancelled for disagreeing with Progressives are victims of unjust organized bullying.
Really?

Let's ask Mitt Romney, Liz Cheney, and the GA gov and SoS about that.

Please! You people are the queens of cancel.

Nah, we don't like it when they do it to us, so we shouldn't do it to them. I'd hope that we could all just stop the practice in general.
Hopefully, at least in counties 70% or more Republican, it would be possible to make Progressives unemployable and unwelcome.

Literally I had conservatives, after some Muslim attack in either Belgium or Paris, saying "Why don't the Muslims condone this?" and it took me a minute to find HUNDREDS of Muslims and Muslim groups condoning this.

People see what they want to see.
I oppose Islamophobia. Most Muslims are Conservative. Sadly many Western Conservatives attack them.

That's EXACTLY what "Cancel Culture" is. They literally shut these people out. People demanded it and they did it.

Sadly, now only non-Progressives are limited.

Which is actually total nonsense.

Just because you don't see it, doesn't mean it's not happening.

The reality is that this is about narratives, rather than some "Cancel Culture". Different groups will set about trying to force people to accept their narrative.

Israel is a famous case with the Holocaust. They want the Holocaust to be theirs, and they want to gain an advantage from this.

Man Made Climate Change is another example.

On the right you have things like Patriotism. Being told you're not a patriot if you don't support some right wing policy like the invasion of Iraq.

That's EXACTLY what "Cancel Culture" is. They literally shut these people out. People demanded it and they did it.
Yep and I said it was bad for that to happen. I also said it all needs to stop. Who's going to stop first? Probably nobody, because the hate is so bad now that everyone just wants to see everyone else pay, and be hurt. So, it will continue.

Forum List

Back