Not paying taxes "makes me smart."

So he obeys the law and follows the tax codes and that's somehow wrong

Yes, paying nothing in taxes is wrong. Do you have a rebuttal?

47% of people pay no income tax so that is wrong?

I have to believe that you know the difference between a guy making 50K and Trump. Why the dopey argument?

Trump has to work very hard to not pay anything in taxes.

he has tax attorneys who ensure compliance with the tax code. how is that wrong?

Probably not compliant at all if under audit every year.

I think getting audited every year is rich person thing. Mark Cuban says he gets it every year as well.

That's hilarious coming from the guy who earlier said we should have a flat tax,

which btw you didn't answer my question about.

We should

But I don't argue right and wrong good or bad as those terms are too subjective.

If it is legal then that's that

Until the law gets changed why whine about it.

I will argue for the law to be changed and I will vote for people who say they will try to change the tax laws
But that's all I can do

Too subjective? On an opinion forum? That's another gem.

What will the flat tax apply to?

What tax are we talking about in this thread?
The kind you get returns for and candidates disclose.

Candidates don't have to disclose any of their financial documents if they don't want to

You're right. They just trade the peace of mind that comes with releasing them for months of speculation and endless questions.

Probably not compliant at all if under audit every year.

Its really rather interesting that as right wingers claim that the Obama administration is the "most corrupt" that they ever experienced and lived through, that this same "corrupt" administration didn't just simply order the IRS to FINISH THE FUCKING TRUMP AUDIT and announce it so that Trump could stick to his word and release his tax returns AFTER the audit.

One of the "mysteries" of right wing logic.

We can rest assured that Trump's avoidance to show his tax returns will be a question re-raised in the second debate (probably not in the third debate since FOX will be moderating that one).........

No Donald it makes you a rich asshole who takes advantage of the tax code.
Exactly. When he said that, not only did it piss me off personally, but it makes you think, "How can someone run the country, take taxes from everyone else, and never pay them himself?" Some kind of true elitist asshole who has no right at all to hold public office.

How can a former president and secretary of state run a hundreds of million dollar "foundation" and pocket far more millions for themselves than the pittance they give to charity just to make it look good?

10% is standard charitable giving.
Why don't you pull up the foundation's financials and the Clinton's returns and explain to us how that worked?
It's all available.
Fine. I will look at the financials and you read.(below)

If you are saying 10% is the standard for how much of a charity is used on the needy themselves you are living in a fantasy world.
You are an obedient soldier for the cause, admit to nothing.

THE CLINTON FOUNDATION IS A FRAUD; VERY LITTLE $$$$ GOES TO PROJECTS - The Hillary Daily

THE CLINTON FOUNDATION IS A FRAUD; VERY LITTLE $$$$ GOES TO PROJECTS

Reacting to attacks on the Clinton Foundation, its defenders have cited the wonderful charitable works the organization performs. But an examination of the Foundation’s 2013 tax return, by federalist.com indicates that only 10% of its budget went directly to grants tofulfill its charitable purposes.

According to the Federalist, the Foundation spent:

CLINTON FOUNDATION SPENDING, 2013

Charitable Grants 10%
Travel 10%
Rent 5%
Office Supplies 6%
IT Services 2%
Salaries, Benefits 33%
Other Expenses 34%

In other years, the Foundation spent more on grants. In 2008, for example, it spent nearly $100 million purchasing and distributing medicine to needy people. But, by 2011, those activities amounted to only $1.2 million and, by 2012 and 2013, the Foundation spent nothing on these activities.

According to charitynavigator.org, seven out of ten charities spend at least 75% of their funds on the programs and services they exist to provide. Nine of ten spend two-thirds of their funds on these purposes.The ten percent figure in the Clinton Foundation is absurd.

What do they do with the money? They underwrite Bill’s travel (and now Hillary’s). They presumably provide them with staff without their having to use campaign funds for it. They pay for all of the Clinton’s lavish Foundation events. By the way, one thing you will never see on the Clinton’s tax returns is entertainment expenses. They never personally pay for any of it. And the Foundation maintains a 4000 square foot apartment for the Clintons in Little Rock.

Of course, the Foundation revenue stream is quite apart from the personal funds that flow to the Clintons from their speeches, all of which goes into their joint bank accounts. But many of the Foundation donors also find a way to give the Clintons personal money by paying exorbitant speaking fees.

I'm not sure I have a problem with it if it's legal. I just don't think what he's doing is legal because he's funneling his personal income into the foundation. I'm pretty sure that's money laundering.

Go prove the Federalist's report on the Clinton Foundation wrong, funny girl.
Or are you too busy writing thank you cards to Rachel Maddow, Megyn Kelly and the whole CNN staff?

TIME magazine and CNBC are not exactly Trump supporters are they?

Vote Now: Who Won the First Clinton-Trump Debate?

Vote: Who won the first presidential debate?

Last edited:
Hypocrisy much ??????

Trump criticized 2012 Republican nominee Mitt Romney for delaying the release of his returns. Romney, a former private-equity executive, had come under fire for paying a low tax rate because most of his income came from investments.

“It’s a great thing when you can show that you’ve been successful and that you’ve made a lot of money,” Trump said at the time.

Trump once revealed his income tax returns. They showed he didn’t pay a cent.
Gee someone running for office flip flopped or lied

You act as if that's never happened before

We should

But I don't argue right and wrong good or bad as those terms are too subjective.

I will argue for the law to be changed and I will vote for people who say they will try to change the tax laws
But that's all I can do

Candidates don't have to disclose any of their financial documents if they don't want to

They don't have to do lots of things. They don't have to debate. They don't have to hold rallies.

The thing is the debates can be an indicator of how candidates will handle being president. Rallies raise support which raises money

A candidate's tax returns have absolutely no bearing on what kind of elected official he or she will be

As well as an unpatriotic douche.
It wasn't enough to pay only 5-10%, he needed to get it to zero.

We do not know how much he paid why do you assume it was 0 ?

Because Shillary speculated that it might be 0?

Because he didn't refute it but actually took the opportunity to call himself smart for it.

So a quick answer to a what if, purely speculative with no basis in truth remark is now the absolute truth

Because he didn't refute it but actually took the opportunity to call himself smart for it.

Yes, the very definition of hubris.

Gee a presidential candidate that's prideful.

Never seen that before

We should

But that's all I can do

You're right. They just trade the peace of mind that comes with releasing them for months of speculation and endless questions.

Doesn't seem to be bothering Trump too much.

Never seen that before

Do you know what hubris means? It isn't just being prideful.

Never seen that before

Do you know what hubris means? It isn't just being prideful.

I didn't think I had to list every synonym for you but here you go

hubris > synonyms
?
insolence n.arrogance, disdain, pride
presumption n.arrogance, disdain, gall
arrogance n.gall, disdain, nerve
pride n.disdain, arrogance, gall
self-importance n.arrogance, disdain, pride
conceit n.disdain, arrogance, gall
hauteur n.disdain, pride, arrogance
vanity n.arrogance, disdain, pride
gall n.disdain, nerve, conceit