Not paying taxes "makes me smart."

Dude, like 3/4 of your base doesn't pay taxes. Shut the fuck up

My guess is NOBODY in the low information, democrat category pay any taxes nor file any returns...ever. And they are Crooked Hillary's main voting block... :p

And like everything else you think you know, you would be wrong. 40% of the people who pay no taxes vote Republican. The states receiving the most federal welfare are the southern Red States.
What makes you think those are Republicans? And what about farmers? Nobody ever considers those moochers..

Does it matter what they are? If they are Republicans, they are Republicans.
When people say that cliché, they group the whole state into one category.

Was tax avoidance one of the main courses (perhaps a prerequisite) at Trump U.???? LOL

Look flat out. A guy brags about making MILLIONS of dollars EVERY year...and how he turned himself into a BILLIONAIRE, but he gets away without owing any taxes? Yet a guy who makes $100,000 a year has to pay taxes? How can people NOT see the problem there? The fact Trump has plans on how to fix the infrastructure and military with tax dollars? Yet he isn't paying taxes? Why is it so hard for people not to see the problem there?

Here is a twitter video of Mark Cuban talking about Trump's comment. I don't like that Cuban supports Hillary, but his comment here is right on.

Stefan Becket on Twitter

There is one glaring piece of information missing here.

Trump's tax return. No one here knows how much he paid or didn't pay in taxes since he has not published his returns. This was all a what if speculation by Hillary

And BTW he does not have to publish them

Hillary flat out made the point of saying he paid no taxes. Trump didn't deny it, and instead took it as a chance to be braggadocios about it, and say, "That makes me smart."

Everyone that has run for President the last 40 years has released their tax returns. He should do it. And saying that being audited is stopping him, has now been put out there as a lie. The IRS said nothing is stopping him. It's ridiculous.

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/09/28/us/politics/donald-trump-taxes.html

Nothing is stopping him from releasing years that aren't under audit. Which would be every year but this most recent one.

There is a wealth of years of tax filings that aren't being audited.

I wonder why trump doesn't release those.

Last night Lester Holt said the IRS made it clear that just because Trump is under audit, he can still release his tax returns. There is nothing stopping him.

So you are saying trump knows what's going on and he doesn't like it but since he is not the president there's nothing he can do about it.

Well, that's YOUR interpretation.......Tell you what, Trump could offer a PUBLIC SERVICE by telling the rest of us HOW we too can avoid paying any taxes.......Has that for a 'service" he could render to us poor slobs that work for a living?
Do you want him to wipe your ass for you too?

Dude, like 3/4 of your base doesn't pay taxes. Shut the fuck up

My guess is NOBODY in the low information, democrat category pay any taxes nor file any returns...ever. And they are Crooked Hillary's main voting block... :p

And like everything else you think you know, you would be wrong. 40% of the people who pay no taxes vote Republican. The states receiving the most federal welfare are the southern Red States.
What makes you think those are Republicans? And what about farmers? Nobody ever considers those moochers..

Does it matter what they are? If they are Republicans, they are Republicans.
When people say that cliché, they group the whole state into one category.

I live in Kentucky. People make it abundantly clear around here that this is a Red state, yet I see so many people on public assistance it isn't even funny. It is what it is.

So you are saying trump knows what's going on and he doesn't like it but since he is not the president there's nothing he can do about it.

Well, that's YOUR interpretation.......Tell you what, Trump could offer a PUBLIC SERVICE by telling the rest of us HOW we too can avoid paying any taxes.......Has that for a 'service" he could render to us poor slobs that work for a living?

Trump doesn't do ass wiping. That's why Chris Christie is on his team.

Crooked Donald.

Lyin' Donald.

Low-energy Donald (we saw last night)

All the insults were really just projection - defense mechanism to protect his own fragile ego.

No Donald it makes you a rich asshole who takes advantage of the tax code.

I gleaned the same conclusion that NY Mag did:

Did Trump Just Admit He Doesn’t Pay Any Taxes?
Did Trump Just Admit He Doesn’t Pay Any Taxes?

When Clinton raised this history, Trump took it as a compliment.
“That makes me smart,” Trump interrupted, at the mention of his tax avoidance.

Moments later, Trump seemed to confirm that he still, to this day, does not pay any income tax. After the GOP nominee argued that America is in debt because Clinton wasted money on interventions overseas, Clinton replied that, actually, we’re in debt because her rival doesn’t pay federal taxes.
“It would be squandered, too,” Trump replied.

I've contended from Day One that he won't release his returns because he does not pay his taxes.
“It would be squandered, too,” Trump replied.

I can picture the cringing of Trump's advisers back stage as the Donald uttered those moronic remarks.

Not for someone like me that is 1,000 times smarter than you are and knows where these FRNs actually end up at and for what reason. How our sweat equity is what actually moves this fiat currency with no intrinsic value...it is our labor...our energy that moves it. So much that you have so little knowledge about......

Well, forgive us if we aren't exactly in awe of your incomprehensible babbling here. I'm sure if you go stand in front of a mirror you'll have all the audience you need.

Yes, you may have hit upon one of Trump's true qualifications.....

High-Five-logo.png

How can Trump have enough money to claim he could fund his own campaign without any of it being taxable?
You are making what's called an assumption.

Since Trump is hiding his tax returns he is inviting us to make assumptions about them.
He isn't hiding them, the IRS has them. The fact that you and everyone else haven't seen them proves wrong doing. But you have no problem with 33,000 emails being deleted after getting a subpoena. So you can't be taken seriously.

You lie.

btw, Trump has equated his taxes with those supposed emails.
Low income Americans who don't pay any income tax don't pay it because they don't have any taxable income.

It's that simple.

And a rich guy who takes enough LEGAL deductions so he doesn't have a taxable income doesn't pay income tax so what's your problem ?

You're the one with a problem with it. You want a flat tax because you OBJECT to all those 'legal' deductions.

So what?

I said that right up front. But the fact is all those deductions are legal right now aren't they? So they are neither right nor wrong they are merely legal.

So something illegal is neither right or wrong?
What lie? And saying he'll release tax info when Hillary turns over the missing emails isn't equating the two. Hers was illegal and his not.

The standard for candidates is to release tax returns. Clinton has met that standard. Trump has not.

Look flat out. A guy brags about making MILLIONS of dollars EVERY year...and how he turned himself into a BILLIONAIRE, but he gets away without owing any taxes? Yet a guy who makes $100,000 a year has to pay taxes? How can people NOT see the problem there? The fact Trump has plans on how to fix the infrastructure and military with tax dollars? Yet he isn't paying taxes? Why is it so hard for people not to see the problem there?

Here is a twitter video of Mark Cuban talking about Trump's comment. I don't like that Cuban supports Hillary, but his comment here is right on.

Stefan Becket on Twitter

Trump's tax return. No one here knows how much he paid or didn't pay in taxes since he has not published his returns. This was all a what if speculation by Hillary

Hillary flat out made the point of saying he paid no taxes. Trump didn't deny it, and instead took it as a chance to be braggadocios about it, and say, "That makes me smart."

Everyone that has run for President the last 40 years has released their tax returns. He should do it. And saying that being audited is stopping him, has now been put out there as a lie. The IRS said nothing is stopping him. It's ridiculous.

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/09/28/us/politics/donald-trump-taxes.html

Nothing is stopping him from releasing years that aren't under audit. Which would be every year but this most recent one.

There is a wealth of years of tax filings that aren't being audited.

I wonder why trump doesn't release those.

Last night Lester Holt said the IRS made it clear that just because Trump is under audit, he can still release his tax returns. There is nothing stopping him.

And Trump avoided that obvious truth. Just like he bumbled the birther questions. He not only avoids taxes, he avoids reality, too.

Stefan Becket on Twitter

The whole point of releasing taxes is to be transparent with personal finances. Not releasing them is rightly inviting speculation.
It's his choice. He chose not to so he has to deal with the questions and speculation.
That's why every candidate for forty years has done it so they don't have to deal with it.

As well as an unpatriotic douche.
It wasn't enough to pay only 5-10%, he needed to get it to zero.

how is full compliance with the tax code somehow unpatriotic? Do you file in compliance with the tax code? are you unpatriotic?

WTF is wrong with you libs?

I have never been audited let alone annually.
He works very hard to not pay his taxes.
He probably invites audits because he can pay the settlement amount and fines on the back end that are probably way less than what he would have paid in the first place.

As well as an unpatriotic douche.
It wasn't enough to pay only 5-10%, he needed to get it to zero.

We do not know how much he paid why do you assume it was 0 ?

Because Shillary speculated that it might be 0?

Because he didn't refute it but actually took the opportunity to call himself smart for it.

Yes, the very definition of hubris.

If its legal what do you care? *slaps knee*
So he obeys the law and follows the tax codes and that's somehow wrong

Yes, paying nothing in taxes is wrong. Do you have a rebuttal?

47% of people pay no income tax so that is wrong?

I have to believe that you know the difference between a guy making 50K and Trump. Why the dopey argument?

Trump has to work very hard to not pay anything in taxes.

he has tax attorneys who ensure compliance with the tax code. how is that wrong?

Probably not compliant at all if under audit every year.

Forum List

Back