Not so fast Republicans......

Whooops....

Real Clear now has no toss ups at 52-48 for the GOP including Georgina based on recent polling.

Suck it RW.

Lets keep watching RCP over the next few months. A GOP Senate is far from a slam dunk

O.K.

Now, RealClear has it 52-47 in favor of the GOP. That does not include Pat Roberts seat which he very well could retain if cons suck it up and vote for him.

This includes CO and IA going to the GOP.

Are you dicks going to cry gerrymandering on this one too ???? :dunno::dunno::dunno:

For months Republicans have been boasting of their inevitable taking of the Senate in 2014. It seems the tide has turned and a Republican win is less likely

Once having a 60-40 probability of taking the Senate, Democrats now have a 59-41 probability of holding the Senate

Are Republicans blowing their chance to retake the Senate? - The Week

I don't see it but boy, I hope you're right.

Why? Do you want communist lying low life scum liberals running the country?

Maybe people want politicians helping the country rather than playing politics on things like Benghazi.

good one leftard; but what would change anyway?
Dems have been the overall MAJORITY OF THE US GOVERNMENT FOR 8 YEARS and are have been blaming all their faiures on the minority Republicans anyway

since you have no understanding of how our government works, please let me help.... the rightwingnut loons in the house have obstructed and blocked everything possible since 2010. this is your failure.

learn it... live it... love it.

nutbar.

Now you know that is a lie. Or you are just too stupid to know the truth. Which is it?

• H.R. 872, the Reducing Regulatory Burdens Act
  • H.R. 910, the Energy Tax Prevention Act
  • H. J. Res. 37, Disapproval of FCC’s Net Neutrality Act
  • H.R. 2018, the Clean Water Cooperative Federalism Act
  • H.R. 1315, Consumer Financial Protection & Soundness Improvement Act
  • H.R. 2587, Protecting Jobs from Government Interference Act
  • H.R. 2401, Transparency in Regulatory Analysis of Impacts on the Nation (TRAIN ACT)
  • H.R. 2681, Cement Sector Regulatory Relief Act
  • H.R. 2250, EPA Regulatory Relief Act
  • H.R. 2273, Coal Residuals Reuse and Management Act
  • H.R. 1230, Restarting American Offshore Leasing Now Act
  • H.R. 1229, Putting the Gulf of Mexico Back to Work Act
  • H.R. 1231, Reversing President Obama’s Offshore Moratorium Act
  • H.R. 2021, the Jobs and Energy Permitting Act of 2011
  • H.R. 1938, North American-Made Energy Security Act

All these jobs bill passed by the House and stalled in the Senate.

Which is a sterling example on why we need to enhance the Constitution to force one house to consider the work of the other house with a full body vote within 90 days of receiving it.

The titles of many the bills are childish and probably deserved to go down in flames but our representatives in this Republic should have to put their names next to a "YEA" or "NAY" vote on the antics.

That they are able to hide behind some committee chair or majority leader's unwillingness to allow a bill to move forward is a sad commentary on the state of affairs. And lets not forget, when Reid does not allow stuff like this to the floor, it also gives cover to the GOP members of the Senate as well since they wouldn't have to line up behind such nonsense as "Protecting Jobs from Government Interference Act." Battleground state Republicans are happy not to have to have voted for this in the Senate.

For months Republicans have been boasting of their inevitable taking of the Senate in 2014. It seems the tide has turned and a Republican win is less likely

Once having a 60-40 probability of taking the Senate, Democrats now have a 59-41 probability of holding the Senate

They're doing better than the communist lying low life scum conservatives did or did you miss the $800B bail out Bush authorized as he was packing his bags? Someday let me tell you about their lies to the Pat Tillman family about how he died in combat. When I get through with that...perhaps we can talk about Scooter Libby who was judged guilty by a judge appointed by the same man who pardoned him...then maybe we can talk about WMDs,

They're doing better than the communist lying low life scum conservatives did or did you miss the $800B bail out Bush authorized as he was packing his bags? Someday let me tell you about their lies to the Pat Tillman family about how he died in combat. When I get through with that...perhaps we can talk about Scooter Libby who was judged guilty by a judge appointed by the same man who pardoned him...then maybe we can talk about WMDs,

Good lord please tell me you don't vote. First of all the TARP bailout was passed by the Democratic party controlled congress. HELLO earth to liberals 241 Democrats voted for the TARP bailout, guess how many Republicans voted for it...19 you Democrats freaking OWN the TARP bailout so stop your damn lying.

Also, Bank of America, JP Morgan Chase, Morgan Stanley, Wells Fargo and Goldman Sachs repaid ALL their TARP bailout money so what do you have to bitch about? You were told to hate banks and you obeyed like mindless drones. If you want to bitch about something why not General Motors, we will never get back all the TARP money idiot Obama gave them including the billions he gave General Motors to bail out their pension fund. Where's my free pension paid for by the taxpayers?

You libs are giving me a brain tumor.

Good lord please tell me you don't vote. First of all the TARP bailout was passed by the Democratic party controlled congress. HELLO earth to liberals 241 Democrats voted for the TARP bailout, guess how many Republicans voted for it...19 you Democrats freaking OWN the TARP bailout so stop your damn lying.

Also, Bank of America, JP Morgan Chase, Morgan Stanley, Wells Fargo and Goldman Sachs repaid ALL their TARP bailout money so what do you have to bitch about? You were told to hate banks and you obeyed like mindless drones. If you want to bitch about something why not General Motors, we will never get back all the TARP money idiot Obama gave them including the billions he gave General Motors to bail out their pension fund. Where's my free pension paid for by the taxpayers?

Is that why you post such stupid drivel? The TUMOR made you do it. LMAO.

Yes sir a Republican president named Bush trashed the economy, begged for funds to bail out his buddies and keep the economies of the world from collapsing, Repubs in Congress RAN from the responsibility they had to resolve this issue and left it up to the Democrats to do the right thing. And Dems did the right thing again.

Please tell me you can't vote. Or at least don't vote. Cause you sure as fuck can't think.

Almost everything I've heard from the Republicans for the last six months is an assumption that they're taking the Senate.

That could happen, I have no idea, but I do remember the GOP whispering "landslide" for Romney in 2012, and I can see that the party still isn't offering a clear, powerful, inspiring, alternative vision of America.

Let's just get this over with so we can concentrate on the 2016 circus.

So in your cartoonish view of history....one day the Democrats all got together and said..."Lets bail out the banks." Nobody from the Treasury department or the SEC was around....it was all the Democrats?

At the risk of boring the 99.9% of the GOP that knows what happened I will now teach you. The Bush Administration with their "hands off" approach to the markets allowed the banks to do whatever they wanted for 8 years. Banks would loan money to anyone who wanted it and then sell the loan to someone else thus making money on both ends of the transaction...on the start up fees for the loan and in the sale. They didn't care because they had no risk. And then, one day, the buyers were not making money off of people who didn't make the payments on the loan, stopped buying, and then the banks were left holding the bag.

In steps the Treasury department. They tell the Congress that the economy is, suddenly on the brink of collapse.

Those are the facts and they are not in dispute.

Also, Bank of America, JP Morgan Chase, Morgan Stanley, Wells Fargo and Goldman Sachs repaid ALL their TARP bailout money so what do you have to bitch about?
Did they re-hire all of the people they layed off while, in some cases, giving their upper management bonuses?
Bank of America Layoffs
JPMorgan to cut 8 000 jobs
Morgan Stanley cuts 1 600 jobs as business languishes Reuters
Wells Fargo lays off 2 300 employees - Aug. 22 2013
Goldman Sachs To Cut 10 Percent Of Work Force

You were told to hate banks and you obeyed like mindless drones.
I have accounts at 3 banks. Strange for someone who "hates" them....dontchathink?

If you want to bitch about something why not General Motors, we will never get back all the TARP money idiot Obama gave them including the billions he gave General Motors to bail out their pension fund. Where's my free pension paid for by the taxpayers?
And there is the critical difference between conservatives and liberals.

On one hand, banks that reward their upper management for the absolute criminal mis-management with bonuses and you're asking what is wrong with that.

On the other hand, money from the same fund is used to prop up pensions for workers, and you're aghast at such a thing!!!

Pensions are something you work for by punching a clock every day...bonuses are (supposedly) given for good performance. Since you obviously have no clue about labor and working...you should be wondering where your bonus is.

You'd have to have a brain first.

--------

That being said, one of the most disappointing things about the Obama administration is how the banks that were too big to fail are still too big to fail. That his commerce department hasn't fixed this glaring issue is probably the most enduring shortcoming of his 8 years he'll have spent in office.

The problem is obvious
The cure is obvious.
The man either can't or won't make himself take on the issue of fixing the problem. I guarantee you that the next time they get into hot water, we'll have another round of bail-outs. They're too integral to the economy to have them fail.

TARP had to happen. There were no other decent/workable options, we couldn't just ride it out. Credit markets had completely frozen and TARP was the best and quickest of a bunch of lousy options. It was either that or abject collapse within days. You throw money at it and wait for the dust to settle. That's it.

And why we have not brought back Glass Steagall or something VERY similar is an abject mystery. The banks now are even more powerful than they were before the Meltdown and the whole fucking mess could theoretically happen again.

Okay, why we have not brought back a Glass Steagall is NOT an abject mystery. The banks contribute shitloads of money to campaigns.

To BOTH parties.

TARP had to happen. There were no other decent/workable options, we couldn't just ride it out. Credit markets had completely frozen and TARP was the best and quickest of a bunch of lousy options. It was either that or abject collapse within days. You throw money at it and wait for the dust to settle. That's it.

And why we have not brought back Glass Steagall or something VERY similar is an abject mystery. The banks now are even more powerful than they were before the Meltdown and the whole fucking mess could theoretically happen again.

Okay, why we have not brought back a Glass Steagall is NOT an abject mystery. The banks contribute shitloads of money to campaigns.

To BOTH parties.

A mystery eh? Republicans fought for years to repeal Glass Steagall. They finally got it done with the help of Bill Clinton. Why would they approve of bringing it back?

Republicans under Bush gutted the regulatory agencies. Still haven't given these agencies enough resources to really get things done. Why would they (Republicans) want to increase regulations?

And yes sir, banks have now been caught out on just how much favor has been shown to them by the very agencies supposed to be regulating them. And how much money gets handed out to both parties.

Can you say "plutocracy" and know what it means? Here's another fine example of it.

The tagline to the article says it all:

""Uninspiring GOP candidates and ObamaCare's incredible turnaround may save Democrats come November"""

The GOP is hogtied by the Tea Party and influential funding coming from Adelson, Koch, et al., while the AHC sign ups continue to mount and more people are finding they are actually getting lower health insurance premiums and better coverage. It all adds up.

Obamacare is so awesome! That's why the employee mandate was moved until AFTER the midterms

In one of the parties it is possible to gain nomination on a platform of bringing back Glass-Steagall. In that party, the reluctance to promote such a thing is due to forces and funding coming from outside the party. That is a weakness. The Democrats are not so much guilty of wanting to keep banks deregulated as they are of cowering when advertising dollars and campaign donations are spent by those who do.

As a bonus.....I love the fact that Mac is supporting regulations. Why does he hate business so much?

One Party hates American Free Enterprise and entrepreneurship, the other is just fucking useless

Is that why you post such stupid drivel? The TUMOR made you do it. LMAO.

Yes sir a Republican president named Bush trashed the economy, begged for funds to bail out his buddies and keep the economies of the world from collapsing, Repubs in Congress RAN from the responsibility they had to resolve this issue and left it up to the Democrats to do the right thing. And Dems did the right thing again.

Please tell me you can't vote. Or at least don't vote. Cause you sure as fuck can't think.

I think your mom is calling you, why don't you run along kid probably time for you to clean your room.

So in your cartoonish view of history....one day the Democrats all got together and said..."Lets bail out the banks." Nobody from the Treasury department or the SEC was around....it was all the Democrats?

At the risk of boring the 99.9% of the GOP that knows what happened I will now teach you. The Bush Administration with their "hands off" approach to the markets allowed the banks to do whatever they wanted for 8 years. Banks would loan money to anyone who wanted it and then sell the loan to someone else thus making money on both ends of the transaction...on the start up fees for the loan and in the sale. They didn't care because they had no risk. And then, one day, the buyers were not making money off of people who didn't make the payments on the loan, stopped buying, and then the banks were left holding the bag.

In steps the Treasury department. They tell the Congress that the economy is, suddenly on the brink of collapse.

Also, Bank of America, JP Morgan Chase, Morgan Stanley, Wells Fargo and Goldman Sachs repaid ALL their TARP bailout money so what do you have to bitch about?
Did they re-hire all of the people they layed off while, in some cases, giving their upper management bonuses?
Bank of America Layoffs

I have accounts at 3 banks. Strange for someone who "hates" them....dontchathink?

If you want to bitch about something why not General Motors, we will never get back all the TARP money idiot Obama gave them including the billions he gave General Motors to bail out their pension fund. Where's my free pension paid for by the taxpayers?

On one hand, banks that reward their upper management for the absolute criminal mis-management with bonuses and you're asking what is wrong with that.

On the other hand, money from the same fund is used to prop up pensions for workers, and you're aghast at such a thing!!!

Pensions are something you work for by punching a clock every day...bonuses are (supposedly) given for good performance. Since you obviously have no clue about labor and working...you should be wondering where your bonus is.

--------

That being said, one of the most disappointing things about the Obama administration is how the banks that were too big to fail are still too big to fail. That his commerce department hasn't fixed this glaring issue is probably the most enduring shortcoming of his 8 years he'll have spent in office.

The problem is obvious
The cure is obvious.
The man either can't or won't make himself take on the issue of fixing the problem. I guarantee you that the next time they get into hot water, we'll have another round of bail-outs. They're too integral to the economy to have them fail.

What part of 241 Democrats voted for the TARP bailout vs only 19 Republicans can't you get through your thick liberal Neanderthal skull?

According to the GOP President Bush, it was necessary.
According to the GOP appointed SECTRES, it was necessary.
According to the GOP nominee for POTUS, it was necessary.

Bank of America Layoffs

--------

The problem is obvious
The cure is obvious.

What part of 241 Democrats voted for the TARP bailout vs only 19 Republicans can't you get through your thick liberal Neanderthal skull?

That was posted last May. There was a time when it looked like the GOP would ONLY GAIN seats, but not take the majority.

Five months later and RW is pissing in her pants.

This is based on RClear with no toss ups. I always hold my breath for the last minute legitimate rape comments. But it seems that Iowa may go the GOP for just that reason.

Of course, RW is long gone.

Now, if the GOP can rescue Roberts in Kansas, it may be even better for them.

Almost everything I've heard from the Republicans for the last six months is an assumption that they're taking the Senate.

That could happen, I have no idea, but I do remember the GOP whispering "landslide" for Romney in 2012, and I can see that the party still isn't offering a clear, powerful, inspiring, alternative vision of America.

Let's just get this over with so we can concentrate on the 2016 circus.

That is what is so amazing.

I detest the RNC and the corrupt federal GOP.

They are a mess and yet they got the house back big time just two years after our Affirmative Action Failure of a POTUS took over and started his campaign of Poop and Pain.

Now, they might get the senate back....and they don't deserve it.

But the dems are just that bad.

Forum List

Back