Now the Left is trying to force that Baker to make a transgender cake.

Same thing they used to say when they had signs that said….No Colored
Nope. There are apartment owners who will not rent to people with children or dogs. There are apartments for 55 and older. How do they get by with that?

I can't imagine that the baker wouldn't be baking the cake had the customer simply said "Hey, can I get a cake with blue frosting and pink filling?"

Undoubtedly, the customer, who had to know this baker's stance on such things, made his "transgenderism" an issue.

Well, fuck him. I hope he dies...

As an aside, what Christian biblical term is this cake violating?
Doesn't matter.

The business owner is essentially being told that he can't vet his customers. As a business owner, I can tell you that I do that every fucking day, and no one is about to stop me. I do what's best for my business, and not to appease some mental patient...

I addressed what you said....Anyone can pull any passage of scripture out of their ass, to justify just about anything....What's it to you that the shop owner uses his faith to do or not do what he wants?

I stated why I ask. Many times.

Lady walks in.........

I'd like a wedding cake for my upcoming wedding.

Baker: Great, that's what we do here.

Lady: I would like two brides on the top.

Baker: O.K. we can do that. Are you new around here? Are you going to be living nearby? If so, I would like to invite the two of you to attend my church if you don't already have one.

This is all designed in order to file a lawsuit.
Of course. I wasn't kidding about the campaign to replace equal rights. I used to think it was just overreach - zealous civil rights activists taking things too far. But it's a broader campaign to get rid of the principle of equal rights in favor of state assigned privilege.

Doesn't matter.

The business owner is essentially being told that he can't vet his customers. As a business owner, I can tell you that I do that every fucking day, and no one is about to stop me. I do what's best for my business, and not to appease some mental patient...
Next stop on the train, Bruce Springsteen is forced to allow his music to be played at TRUMP! rallies. After all, the artist is no longer allowed to dictate the use of his product and has to sell to all customers.

Next stop on the train, Bruce Springsteen is forced to allow his music to be played at TRUMP! rallies. After all, the artist is no longer allowed to dictate the use of his product and has to sell to all customers.
Exactly. Or Twitter is forced to unban Trump because, uuh.... freedom of speech, or uh, public square... and uh...section 230 - public accommodations or some shit.

Comment:
The Far Left still refuses to respect the Baker's religion.
They are harassing him.
They are trying to force normal mainstream people to participate in other people's gender dysphoria mental illness.
They want to force people to use the wrong gender pronouns.
He is not a woman; he is a dude wearing a dress.
It is a huge myth that the Left is tolerant.
The Left is opposed to the 1st Amendment right to Freedom of Religion.
How far do you believe in religious freedom? Can a muslim refuse to do business with women who don't keep their hair covered?

Certainly seems fair...
And it is. Cake decorators are artists, and the left wants to deny those artists the right to dictate how and when their art will be used. By extension, musicians are artists who then, in all fairness, absolutely should be forced to allow their music to be used by ALL who request and pay for it. No more musicians getting in a snit because a conservative wants to use one of their songs as his/her theme on the campaign trail, no more artists refusing a conservative politician the right to put their work on his/her campaign bus, etc. As long as they pay the requested fees, no customer can be denied.

I stated why I ask. Many times.

Lady walks in.........

I'd like a wedding cake for my upcoming wedding.

Baker: Great, that's what we do here.

Lady: I would like two brides on the top.

Baker: O.K. we can do that. Are you new around here? Are you going to be living nearby? If so, I would like to invite the two of you to attend my church if you don't already have one.
Eliminate all HIV/AIDs government expenditures. In all government levels. Eliminate any costs to medical insurance policies that add to costs or are hidden. This is a plague that is glamourized.

Exactly. Or Twitter is forced to unban Trump because, uuh.... freedom of speech, or uh, public square... and uh...section 230 - public accommodations or some shit.
Pretty much. If PA laws prevent businesses from refusing to provide services to customers for any reason, social media platforms should also be forced to accommodate all customers of all political persuasions, and that means Twitter should be forced to allow TRUMP! back on.

He has the right to refuse service to anyone. Fuck you, Nazi.
That only applies to private transactions. When you're in a business that's licensed or regulated by the state, you have to operating in a non-discriminatory mannor.

They went through this with golf clubs. Private clubs could exclude black and jews, and women, but public golf clubs can't.

That only applies to private transactions. When you're in a business that's licensed or regulated by the state, you have to operating in a non-discriminatory mannor.

They went through this with golf clubs. Private clubs could exclude black and jews, and women, but public golf clubs can't.
That just means that if one of Quid Pro Joe's children ran a plumbing business, he couldn't turn down TRUMP! if he wanted someone to unclog a toilet in Mar-A-Lago.

You're misperceiving. I am not disagreeing with you. I am just intellectually curious as to what the religious claim would be. I may have mistakenly assumed thats what he used. Im rereading the article and may have misunderstood.
The courts have drawn a hard line on religious tests. They will not get into the legitimacy of any religious beliefs, but leave it entirely to the individual to interpret any religious requirements or tenets.

So a person can claim anything about what his religion requires of him.

And it is. Cake decorators are artists, and the left wants to deny those artists the right to dictate how and when their art will be used. By extension, musicians are artists who then, in all fairness, absolutely should be forced to allow their music to be used by ALL who request and pay for it. No more musicians getting in a snit because a conservative wants to use one of their songs as his/her theme on the campaign trail, no more artists refusing a conservative politician the right to put their work on his/her campaign bus, etc. As long as they pay the requested fees, no customer can be denied.
You managed to twist control of how their art is used in the public view.
It would be like a bakery refusing to let someone use their products in an ad campaign fighting diabetes and obesity.

Forum List

Back