Now the Left is trying to force that Baker to make a transgender cake.

Pretty much. If PA laws prevent businesses from refusing to provide services to customers for any reason, social media platforms should also be forced to accommodate all customers of all political persuasions, and that means Twitter should be forced to allow TRUMP! back on.
It should be neither.

Pretty much. If PA laws prevent businesses from refusing to provide services to customers for any reason, social media platforms should also be forced to accommodate all customers of all political persuasions, and that means Twitter should be forced to allow TRUMP! back on.
Twitter isn't state regulated, but businesses in PA are.

... social media platforms should also be forced to accommodate all customers of all political persuasions, and that means Twitter should be forced to allow TRUMP! back on.
Social media platforms can prevent (ban) people on their platform from advocating criminal or "immoral" behavior. They can protect the reputation of their platform as not advocating or allowing illegal behavior.

I stated why I ask. Many times.

Lady walks in.........

I'd like a wedding cake for my upcoming wedding.

Baker: Great, that's what we do here.

Lady: I would like two brides on the top.

Baker: O.K. we can do that. Are you new around here? Are you going to be living nearby? If so, I would like to invite the two of you to attend my church if you don't already have one.

That's your opinion of how you would conduct business. Someone else might say "sorry, wedding cakes are a special order. We don't do special orders."

Or.
"We don't provide toppers. If you want a topper of two brides, two grooms, or bride and groom you have to get that yourself."

Uh ... "PA laws" refers to the "public accommodation" stipulations integral to anti-discrimination laws. We're not discussion Pennsylvania.
How do you regulate a business that doesn't have a brick and mortar foundation.

That only applies to private transactions. When you're in a business that's licensed or regulated by the state, you have to operating in a non-discriminatory mannor.

They went through this with golf clubs. Private clubs could exclude black and jews, and women, but public golf clubs can't.
You're wrong. He's already won a previous case. You can't force anyone to make you a product. Now if you want to buy something off the shelf, no problem. If you come into the shop and want the owner to build you a special product and they don't want to, you're out of luck.

Social media platforms can prevent (ban) people on their platform from advocating criminal or "immoral" behavior. They can protect the reputation of their platform as not advocating or allowing illegal behavior.
A political forum on the internet can ban people for no reason. Happens every day.

It would be sinful to condone it. Very simple actually.

Providing a known service celebrating a sinful act condones the sin.
One mans sin, is another mans sanctuary.

If a bakery follows certain religious restrictions, they should be publicly posted and open to sanctions if they violate state regulations.

That's your opinion of how you would conduct business. Someone else might say "sorry, wedding cakes are a special order. We don't do special orders."

Or.
"We don't provide toppers. If you want a topper of two brides, two grooms, or bride and groom you have to get that yourself."
That would be fine if applied universally. But it wasn't.

There are worse things in life than being forced to sell a cake to someone you consider yucky

Forum List

Back