NRA Wants Mentally Ill To Have Gun Rights

Nobody said mental people should get guns. What was said is the government doesn't get to decide you can't have one based on nothing more than you need some help with your finances.

You would wait for mental illness to manifest itself in the form of a mass shooting. Before that, it's o.k. for the mentals to have all the guns they want.
Do we have rule of law or not?

True, we should have know he was mentally ill, he's a democrat.

Well crazies come regardless of party. It has been the Republican party that has fought background checks on gun purchases (all of the time.) Maybe they'll have a change of heart where they're getting shot at by crazies.

No, they won't and being against background checks is not only sane, but smart.
Kinda crazy how these lefties want to limit your right to a gun while posting stupid shit on a message board with no background checks.

Well crazies come regardless of party. It has been the Republican party that has fought background checks on gun purchases (all of the time.) Maybe they'll have a change of heart where they're getting shot at by crazies.
Nobody fought that but we should have. Maybe you need a background check before posting.

Nobody said mental people should get guns. What was said is the government doesn't get to decide you
can't have one based on nothing more than you need some help with your finances.

BULLSHIT---Did you see all those Republicans breaking down in tears over getting shot at by a crazy. If anyone deserved to get shot at by a mentally ill person it was them. So cry me a river. They voted AGAINST mental health background checks. They voted against keeping guns out of the hands of people who are on a terrorist watch list. They're O.K with crazie's and terrorists shooting at you and others, but when it comes to them, they're crybabies.

WASHINGTON — Senate Republicans voted against barring suspected terrorists, felons and the mentally ill from getting guns on Thursday afternoon, parroting National Rifle Association arguments that doing so would strip some innocent people of their constitutional rights to gun access just a day after yet another massacre on U.S. soil.

A pair of Democratic measures - one to close background check loopholes to make it harder for felons and the mentally ill from buying guns, another to ban those on the terror watch list from buying guns - both went down in flames against near-unanimous GOP opposition.

Senate GOP votes down gun legislation

At least the GOP has done something right.

Has anyone else noticed the Cabela's ammo and reloading ad on USMB? I noticed it on the right side of the politics board.
You been into the firewater again haven't you Washington Redskin?

Nobody said mental people should get guns. What was said is the government doesn't get to decide you can't have one based on nothing more than you need some help with your finances.

You would wait for mental illness to manifest itself in the form of a mass shooting. Before that, it's o.k. for the mentals to have all the guns they want.

You are about as stupid as they come. I don't even know why I bother to respond to your stupidity except that someone with a brain might read this.

The problem with the left's very stupid idea concerning mental health background checks is that a person could appear entirely sane at the time of examination. Of course THEY ultimately want every one to have to prove they are sane to buy a gun. A direct violation of our 2nd Amendment rights.

if the snowflakes are afraid, let them hide.

It's called acceptable risk to live in America. We just need to arm more citizens to take down these dogs before they can hurt anyone

-Geaux

It's called acceptable risk to live in America. We just need to arm more citizens to take down these dogs before they can hurt anyone

-Geaux

With more armed people on the street, when a shootout starts, nobody who know who the good guys and the bad guys are. Is the one you see shooting, trying to start a gunfight, or trying to end one?

we have national background checks. WTF are you talking about?

-Geaux

With more armed people on the street, when a shootout starts, nobody who know who the good guys and the bad guys are. Is the one you see shooting, trying to start a gunfight, or trying to end one?

If a few of those people on the baseball field had been concealed carriers, this could have been stopped much faster.

your "everyone shooting" rant is foolish and ignorant.

The massacre at Va. Tech came about because liberals thought the right to privacy of mental patients was more important than the security of citizens. Everyone should know that the ATF form to purchase a firearm includes a question regarding mental competence and the instant name check should include at the very least court ordered psychiatric counseling. In the case of the Va. Tech shooter the instant name check didn't reveal the court ordered psychiatric counseling. Is it the NRA's fault? The Tech shooter was arrested on charges that he was stalking coeds but the University ignored it and so did the local Police. Everyone on campus was afraid of the guy and yet he was able to "legally" purchase firearms. Is it the NRA's fault? The hypocrisy issue comes into play where liberals ignored the incredible incompetence of the Obama administration that shipped over 3,000 illegal weapons to Mexican drug cartels. Nobody on the left seems concerned enough about the Border Patrol officer killed with one of the weapons to demand that Obama's former A.G. testify about the mind boggling negligence.

Seriously, why would the NRA want the mentally ill to have gun rights?

Depression is a mental illness, so is narcissicism. Over 500 recognized phobias. I don't think that being treated for ONE of 12,000 over recognized mental illnesses should preclude you from owning a firearm.

Do you TwitHead???

So the next question is -- how RELIABLE are the diagnoses anyway? How complete are the cures? Wnen you dive deeper into the issue than parroting Dem Underground or TPM -- there's a real adult discussion to be had. Think I might start an ADULT thread to discuss all of this.

Depression is a mental illness, so is narcissicism. Over 500 recognized phobias. I don't think that being treated for ONE of 12,000 over recognized mental illnesses should preclude you from owning a firearm.

Do you TwitHead???

So the next question is -- how RELIABLE are the diagnoses anyway? How complete are the cures? Wnen you dive deeper into the issue than parroting Dem Underground or TPM -- there's a real adult discussion to be had. Think I might start an ADULT thread to discuss all of this.

TwitHead? Well, fecaltenn, you're entitled to your own opinion - but not your own facts.

Do you TwitHead???

TwitHead? Well, fecaltenn, you're entitled to your own opinion - but not your own facts.

I GAVE you facts and questions about your OP --- Want to discuss them?

Do you TwitHead???

I GAVE you facts and questions about your OP --- Want to discuss them?

No thanks. I only seriously discuss such topics with rational people. However, if you wish, I can quote you several expert opinions.

Trump repeals an Obama regulation keeping guns from people with certain mental health conditions

Last edited:

Forum List

Back