Number of Americans living paycheck to paycheck jumps 7 percent, report shows

I'm not a big spender so i don;t feel it so much
I’m not feeling it that much at the grocery store, either, but that’s not the main concern. The main concern is that the excessive spending and the geopolitical upheaval is setting up for a big market correction.

You must feel it when you buy food or do you grow all your own?
I don't buy any meat or dairy products and those seem to be the most affected.

So I might be spending a little more than usual but it's certainly not enough to force me to buy less.

I’m not feeling it that much at the grocery store, either, but that’s not the main concern. The main concern is that the excessive spending and the geopolitical upheaval is setting up for a big market correction.
really? I see it at the grocery store BIG TIME.

looking forward to interest rates going up. 12% mortgage rates are AWESOME. Just ask Jimmy Carter.

Yeah, but for how long? I have a year‘s worth of living expenses in cash to ride out the results of Biden’a stupidity and weakness, but after that….

(I’m retired.)
You're fine even if the market goes negative for the year but i don;t think it will.

I'm in a similar boat. I can probably live on the cash I have for 2 years or maybe a little more. It's really surprising how little it takes to live when you have no debt

I don't buy any meat or dairy products and those seem to be the most affected.

So I might be spending a little more than usual but it's certainly not enough to force me to buy less.

Because of Potatohead's inflation an American family with an income of $50K a year now only has spending power of $43K a year. That is a big hit for somebody at that income level.

I certainly have seen the big price increases at the grocery store. Like you I still buy the same amount of food but because of Potatohead's inflation I have less money to spend on other things.

You're fine even if the market goes negative for the year but i don;t think it will.

I'm in a similar boat. I can probably live on the cash I have for 2 years or maybe a little more. It's really surprising how little it takes to live when you have no debt
Potatohead's inflation is a cruel tax on everybody. You may be able to hide from it for a little while but it will eventually catch up with you.

I have a six figure retirement income and no debt to speak of and I can feel the effects of the inflation. It has decreased family income. What we usually get with Democrat leadership.

Because of Potatohead's inflation an American family with an income of $50K a year now only has spending power of $43K a year. That is a big hit for somebody at that income level.

I certainly have seen the big price increases at the grocery store. Like you I still buy the same amount of food but because of Potatohead's inflation I have less money to spend on other things.
Like I said I don't buy much stuff anyway

I've always been super frugal. I've been told I can make a nickel squeak. I think it wasn;t meant as a compliment but I took it as one.

really? I see it at the grocery store BIG TIME.

looking forward to interest rates going up. 12% mortgage rates are AWESOME. Just ask Jimmy Carter.
I shop very carefully at the grocery store these days, and pay attention to the 2-for-1 deals. I’ve dropped to a lower grade ground beef. I make a one-egg omelette. That type of thing.

As far as the rising interest rates - your sarcasm noted - this will kill everyone who has ARMs. The housing market will drop bigtime along with the stock market.

At least Biden’s handout plan won’t get through. Everyone other than the extreme leftists know that printing money makes inflation worse.

I shop very carefully at the grocery store these days, and pay attention to the 2-for-1 deals. I’ve dropped to a lower grade ground beef. I make a one-egg omelette. That type of thing.

As far as the rising interest rates - your sarcasm noted - this will kill everyone who has ARMs. The housing market will drop bigtime along with the stock market.

At least Biden’s handout plan won’t get through. Everyone other than the extreme leftists know that printing money makes inflation worse.
Anyone who didn't refinance an ARM when interest rates fell below 2% is an idiot

….or how much money one has accrued in investments by living within one means, saving regularly, and investing wisely. it used to be called “saving for a rainy day,” and everyone did it - no matter how low one’s income.

Like I said I don't buy much stuff anyway

I've always been super frugal. I've been told I can make a nickel squeak. I think it wasn;t meant as a compliment but I took it as one.

That buffer that you have will erode with Potatohead's inflation.

I'm not really worried about it.

I have a very good plan in place
That’s YOU. What is going to happen to the half of Americans who lived life to the hilt and didn’t save a penny? They will be crying that they can’t afford groceries, and the libs will have the ammunition they need to put more people in govt assistance, and making inflation worse in the process. They won’t be satisfied until 80% of the population depends on government payments, and they have the vote locked up.

That’s YOU. What is going to happen to the half of Americans who lived life to the hilt and didn’t save a penny? They will be crying that they can’t afford groceries, and the libs will have the ammunition they need to put more people in govt assistance, and making inflation worse in the process. They won’t be satisfied until 80% of the population depends on government payments, and they have the vote locked up.
I don;t think that will happen.

We've lived through inflation, stagflation and deflation cycles and we'll do it again

Price is just part of the problem. The larger problem is empty shelves which is what we have here. I took Mom grocery shopping yesterday. I couldn't even find Q-Tips. No breakfast sausage patties, and slim pickings on produce.

I'm not really worried about it.

I have a very good plan in place

Have you filled up your vehicle with gas lately?

When Trump was President it cost in the $30s for me to fill up my Tundra. With Potatohead's inflation it is in the $60s.

Being retired it is not a bad hit to my family income but think about those working families that put on a lot of miles each week just to commute to work.

Even if the market is down that's the time to buy. During the DumBama years it was like a two-for-one sale. Our investment company held on to our contributions until the market was ready to takeoff.

I don;t think that will happen.

We've lived through inflation, stagflation and deflation cycles and we'll do it again
The country has changed, as have attitudes toward being on the government dole. i don’t think you can compare it to the 80s, when self-sufficiency, motivation, and personal responsibility for one’s own circumstances were seen as positive values.

There is an entire segment of the population that is fine with handing out money ad nauseum.

Forum List

Back