NYC precinct told me that their gun confiscatiosn letters are REAL

The2ndAmendment

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2013
I found it hard to believe that NYC was actually going to confiscate firearms that can hold more than 5 rounds of ammunition. So I called some numbers and one of the precincts showed me the NYC Code which was also stated in the pictures of the Gun Confiscations Letter that has been circulating about the internet.

It turns out their letters are legitimate and are enacting the following NYC Code:

N.Y. ADC. LAW § 10-306 : NY Code - Section 10-306: Disposition, purchase and possession of ammunition and ammunition feeding devices

So I called another precinct, cited the letter and law and pretended to live in their region. I told them that I will not surrender my firearm, and that I as a Citizen of New York and the United States am guaranteed the right to keep and bear arms by BOTH Constitutions.

They said they'll "get back to me."

So what do you think? If I actually lived in their precinct, would they just ignore me (and other guns owners) and not enforce the law?

Or will they send SWAT teams (Adam Kokesh style) to each residence to confiscate the guns of those who refuse to comply?

Last edited:
what good will this do with all of these thugs killing people in the streets?

Logic doesn't matter to some people.

The sad part is that the cops, predictably, will go along with tyranny.

That will not happen where I live. XXXXXXX

Last edited by a moderator:
what good will this do with all of these thugs killing people in the streets?

Logic doesn't matter to some people.

The sad part is that the cops, predictably, will go along with tyranny.

That will not happen where I live.

To the contrary, most of the cops are enraged, and every precinct has so far told me (I've been making calls after I made this thread) that they would not execute warrants to seize the firearms of the citizens and residents.

Call any of the precincts:

http://www.nyc.gov/html/nypd/html/home/contact_information.shtml

They're laughing at this policy.

Last edited by a moderator:
As Neo said in "The Matrix"...

"Five-round clips... Lots of them".

Sent from my ass using USMessageBoard.com

So what do you think?

That you failed to read or comprehend the cited code.

It refers to ‘ammunition feeding devices,’ as in magazines, not firearms.

Otherwise you need to contact a lawyer who practices in New York to explain the law to you. He’ll also explain to you that firearms can’t be ‘confiscated’ absent due process and just compensation.

I found it hard to believe that NYC was actually going to confiscate firearms that can hold more than 5 rounds of ammunition. So I called some numbers and one of the precincts showed me the NYC Code which was also stated in the pictures of the Gun Confiscations Letter that has been circulating about the internet.

It turns out their letters are legitimate and are enacting the following NYC Code:

N.Y. ADC. LAW § 10-306 : NY Code - Section 10-306: Disposition, purchase and possession of ammunition and ammunition feeding devices

So I called another precinct, cited the letter and law and pretended to live in their region. I told them that I will not surrender my firearm, and that I as a Citizen of New York and the United States am guaranteed the right to keep and bear arms by BOTH Constitutions.

They said they'll "get back to me."

So what do you think? If I actually lived in their precinct, would they just ignore me (and other guns owners) and not enforce the law?

Or will they send SWAT teams (Adam Kokesh style) to each residence to confiscate the guns of those who refuse to comply?

Hey ... Section 10-306 refers to exceptions in Section 10-303.
Section 10-303 identifies who is legally authorized to have a firearm in the first place.

If Section 10-306 excludes those people listed in section 10-303 ... Then the whole mess is just an attempt to persuade New Yorkers to turn their weapons in ... With no real basis for doing so.
They may be laughing and giving you the run around at precincts ... Because there isn't a law to enforce if you already legally own the firearm.

In a sense they are saying that the gun owner is in illegal possession of a firearm that doesn't meet the requirement unless they legally own it ... Which is true of course.

So what do you think?

?????

The letter says the rifle or shotgun must be "surrendered immediately," not the magazine. All of the Queen's precincts (to their own surprise and horror) have confirmed the authenticity of these letters.

Sorry you failed at reading comprehension.

Fullscreen+capture+11272013+103920+AM.jpg

I also called two Manhattan precincts and they also confirmed it.

Here are the phone numbers. Call ANY of the Queens precincts. Press "3" for the community affairs.

Last edited:
Steady Eddie is onto something! He should keep making phone calls. Is Alex Jones broadcasting next week?

So what do you think?

?????

The letter says the rifle or shotgun must be "surrendered immediately," not the magazine. All of the Queen's precincts (to their own surprise and horror) have confirmed the authenticity of these letters.

Sorry you failed at reading comprehension.

Fullscreen+capture+11272013+103920+AM.jpg

I also called two Manhattan precincts and they also confirmed it.

Here are the phone numbers. Call ANY of the Queens precincts. Press "3" for the community affairs.

NYPD - Contact Information

Gee! That letter seems really, really, real and stuff.

So what do you think?

Otherwise you need to contact a lawyer who practices in New York to explain the law to you. He’ll also explain to you that firearms can’t be ‘confiscated’ absent due process and just compensation.

Apparently, the NYPD isn't aware of that.

Steady Eddie is onto something! He should keep making phone calls. Is Alex Jones broadcasting next week?

WHy don't you call any of those precincts yourself asshole. They'll confirm it in under 3 minutes.

They will confirm what? That nobody will come and take anyone's guns?

They'll confirm that they will have the "ability to obtain a warrant" if you do not comply with the letter.

However, they will also reassure you that they actually won't bother enforcing that law, and even admit how dumb the the update to the NYC Code is.

-----------------

Now my question to you:

Are you contesting the validity of these letters and the word of the NYC precincts?

Permits | Rifle/Shotgun Permit Information

Important information for active UMOS:
Do not file a FOIL exemption request form with the License Division.
This form only applies to persons with active handgun licenses.

Click here for a letter from the Commanding Officer, License Division to License and Permit holders regarding the recently enacted NY SAFE Act.

THE LICENSE DIVISION IS OPEN TO SUBMIT NEW APPLICATIONS UNTIL 8:00 PM ON MONDAYS.
Applicants must arrive at 1 Police Plaza or the Rifle and Shotgun Section, 120-55 Queens Boulevard, Kew Gardens, early enough for processing to be completed by 8:00 PM. The amount of time needed to process an application varies by situation, but averages approximately 45 minutes. Please review instructions for items needed before submitting your application.

License Division - Rifle and Shotgun Section

Rifle and Shotgun Section
120-55 Queens Blvd, B-11
Kew Gardens, New York 11424
718-520-9300

The Rifle and Shotgun Section is now accepting credit card payments for NEW applications and fingerprint fees.

Complete each form as directed and answer all questions. All entries must be clearly printed in ink (Blue or Black) or typed.

The minimum age to receive a permit is 21.

If you were ever arrested for any crime or violation you must submit a certificate of disposition from the court concerned indicating the offense and the final disposition of the charges. You must do this even if the case was dismissed, the record sealed or the case nullified by operation of law (i.e. Youthful Offender status). The New York State Division of Criminal Justice Services will report to us every instance involving the arrest of an applicant. Do not rely on anyone’s representation that you need not list a previous arrest. ANY OMISSION OF A PREVIOUS ARREST MAY RESULT IN THE DENIAL OF YOUR APPLICATION. You must submit a notarized statement explaining the circumstances of each arrest.

If you were ever convicted of a felony or a serious offense you must obtain a New York State Certificate of Relief from Forfeitures and Disabilities. Serious offenses are listed in section 265.00(17) of the Penal Law. They include any offense involving drugs or narcotics, any sex offense, any violation of the laws pertaining to the illegal use or possession of a pistol or other dangerous weapon, possession of burglars tools and receiving stolen property.

To apply for a New York State Certificate of Relief from Forfeitures and Disabilities contact either the Division of Probation, the Department of Parole or the Court in which you were convicted.

If you served in the Armed Forces of the United States, you must submit your separation papers (DD 214) and your discharge. If you received other than an honorable discharge, you must submit a notarized statement explaining the reason for discharge.

If your answer to Questions 3, 4 or 5 on the application is YES you must submit a letter from a licensed physician stating that he/she has examined you within the past 30 days, that the examination included a review of your past medical history and all pertinent hospital and institutional records, and must conclude that you are capable of possessing a rifle and or shotgun without presenting a danger of harm to yourself (applicant) or to others. Further evidence may be requested.

The application fee is $140.00. The fingerprint fee is $91.50. You may pay the fees with a credit card or two POSTAL MONEY ORDERS, BANK TELLER’S CHECKS OR CERTIFIED CHECKS. Cash is not accepted. Please make your money orders or checks payable to the “New York City Police Department.” No personal checks will be accepted.

You will be fingerprinted when you apply. You may submit your application at the Rifle and Shotgun Section office or at the License Division office located in 1 Police Plaza, Room 110A.

Four color photographs, (Taken from the chest up, 1½ x 1½), of the applicant must accompany the application. (Taken within last 30 days)

You must submit proof of your present address. Acceptable forms of proof are utility bills, such as gas, electric or telephone bills, or a notarized lease. The utility bill must show your name and current address and must not be more than sixty (60) days old . If you do not have a lease or a utility bill in your name, a notarized statement from the person with whom you reside, accompanied by a utility bill in their name showing the same address is acceptable. Further documentation may be required.

If you were born in the United States, you must submit your birth certificate. If there is no record of your birth on file with the Department of Health or the Bureau of Vital Statistics, some other proof of your birth date, e.g., a military record, U.S. Passport or baptismal certificate, must be submitted.

If you were born outside of the United States, you must submit your naturalization papers, valid U.S. Passport or other evidence of citizenship if derived from your parents. All other applicants born outside the United States must submit their ALIEN REGISTRATION CARD.

A notarized acknowledgment statement. (Form supplied by this office)

It is unlawful to possess rifles or shotguns in New York City without obtaining a permit issued by the New York City Police Department.

Social Security Card: All persons filing applications must bring their original Social Security cards with them to the Rifle/Shotgun Section when applying for a permit.

All rifles and shotguns owned by a permit holder must be registered with the Police Department. There is no charge for registering firearms. The registration of a rifle or shotgun can be accomplished by filling out the registration form, PD 641-121, and mailing the two top copies (Green) to: License Division, Rifle and Shotgun Section, Room B11, 120-55 Queens Blvd., Kew Gardens, N.Y. 11424.

NYPD - Permits

I wonder why after two weeks of these letters being sent out, only one of them has found it's way into the nutter echo chamber? Could it be that the letter is not something that many people are getting?

Hmmmmmmm?

WHy don't you call any of those precincts yourself asshole. They'll confirm it in under 3 minutes.

They will confirm what? That nobody will come and take anyone's guns?

They'll confirm that they will have the "ability to obtain a warrant" if you do not comply with the letter.

However, they will also reassure you that they actually won't bother enforcing that law, and even admit how dumb the the update to the NYC Code is.

-----------------

Now my question to you:

Are you contesting the validity of these letters and the word of the NYC precincts?

I am contesting the idea that this letter was sent out to thousands....or even hundreds....or even tens of people.

I always contest your words...you are a habitual liar. And...when you are not lying, you are hopelessly confused. I don't believe that you called several precincts and were told that this letter has been sent out to gun owners all over NYC.

I always contest your words...you are a habitual liar. And...when you are not lying, you are hopelessly confused. I don't believe that you called several precincts and were told that this letter has been sent out to gun owners all over NYC.

Call them yourself. It's not hard. I have provided the webpage listing all the phone numbers of the Queens and Manhattan precincts.

You can also check the address of the letter in the photo and call the Queens 102nd Precinct --- which issued the letter.

These letters have gone out to EVERY gun owner whose gun has the ability to load magazines containing more than 5 rounds (or hold more than 5 shells in a shotgun without reloading).

Last edited:

Forum List

Back