🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Obama '96: “I don’t believe people should be able to own guns.”

So one of your claims is verifiable bullshit. And the other is a 20 year old paraphrase from a gun advocate that can't be verified in any way.

Skylar, I claim NOTHING. I posted a thread based on a story in which Obama is cited as saying, "I don’t believe people should be able to own guns'.

My comments are based on IF what is being claimed is true...I have no proof other than this person's personal claim. Make your own conclusions....it's a free country.

easyt65: "Hmmm, arming criminals, terrorists, and our enemies while declaring he doesn't think law-abiding citizens should be able to own guns....Yeah, nothing wrong here."

Are you now calling bullshit on your quote in the OP?

Skylar, I found an article for discussion and posted it. Draw what conclusions you want from it.

Do I think it is possible that Obama thinks no one should have a weapon? Based on his own actions, law-abiding citizens, YES! Terrorist, Mexican Drug cartels, etc - NO. He MUST believe they should have them because he has given so many weapons out to them.

A woman who was raped point-blank asked the man why he could not see that by making it harder for law-abiding citizens to have guns he puts people like her and her kids in danger. Obama could / would not even look at her and instead rattled on about some half-truth bullshit about not wanting anyone to be able to buy a gun off the internet. What he REFUSED to acknowledge, what he REFUSED to tell her was that YES, making it harder for law-abiding citizens to own guns puts Americans in danger.

Women in Germany, who are not allowed to have/carry their own weapons just found out the hard way in Germany that being stripped of guns puts lives in danger. On New Years Eve roaming bands of the same pieces of shite he wants to bring to the use attacked en masse German women, so great in numbers that it overwhelmed the German police's ability to respond to calls and protect their citizens. Women were sexually assaulted and raped in large numbers.

Women were raped...just like the woman who was asking Obama to acknowledge the FACT that denying law-abiding citizens puts Americans in jeopardy...ESPECIALLY when he is wanting to bring in thousands of pieces of shite Syrian Refugees like the ones who raped the women in Germany. ...and Obama could not - WOULD not - bring himself to admit this publicly! Instead he went on to spew a half-truth talking point that pushed his agenda.

Nothing he has proposed would have made a difference or will in the future except to put more law-abiding citizens like this woman who was raped in jeopardy. PERIOD!

Obama doesn't HAVE to come out and declare, I don't want any of the American people to own guns!' His actions are already showing it as he continually puts more and more Americans' lives in danger!

Skylar, I found an article for discussion and posted it. Draw what conclusions you want from it.

Do I think it is possible that Obama thinks no one should have a weapon? Based on his own actions, law-abiding citizens, YES! Terrorist, Mexican Drug cartels, etc - NO. He MUST believe they should have them because he has given so many weapons out to them.

A woman who was raped point-blank asked the man why he could not see that by making it harder for law-abiding citizens to have guns he puts people like her and her kids in danger. Obama could / would not even look at her and instead rattled on about some half-truth bullshit about not wanting anyone to be able to buy a gun off the internet. What he REFUSED to acknowledge, what he REFUSED to tell her was that YES, making it harder for law-abiding citizens to own guns puts Americans in danger.

Women in Germany, who are not allowed to have/carry their own weapons just found out the hard way in Germany that being stripped of guns puts lives in danger. On New Years Eve roaming bands of the same pieces of shite he wants to bring to the use attacked en masse German women, so great in numbers that it overwhelmed the German police's ability to respond to calls and protect their citizens. Women were sexually assaulted and raped in large numbers.

Women were raped...just like the woman who was asking Obama to acknowledge the FACT that denying law-abiding citizens puts Americans in jeopardy...ESPECIALLY when he is wanting to bring in thousands of pieces of shite Syrian Refugees like the ones who raped the women in Germany. ...and Obama could not - WOULD not - bring himself to admit this publicly! Instead he went on to spew a half-truth talking point that pushed his agenda.

Nothing he has proposed would have made a difference or will in the future except to put more law-abiding citizens like this woman who was raped in jeopardy. PERIOD!

Obama doesn't HAVE to come out and declare, I don't want any of the American people to own guns!' His actions are already showing it as he continually puts more and more Americans' lives in danger!

And what actions has Obama taken that suggest he wants to take all guns away? Nothing you've posted even suggests it. While Obama explicitly, repeatedly, contradicts the claim.

By actions, by words, by deed.....your argument is conspiracy horseshit.

And of course, John Holt, your 'source'......was Mary Roch right?

Obama continues to push for more and more gun restrictions...on law-abiding citizens. Every time there is a shooting that fits his agenda he pushes for more. EVERY expert out there says what he is pushing will not - NOT stop gun violence but instead will make law-abiding Americans less safe.

Liberals have proven over time that one of their methods to gain more and more power while restricting people's rights more and more is to pass legislation they have no intention of enforcing, the problem gets worse, and they call for more regulations, more and more restrictions.

And, again, if Obama wants to protect Americans and wants to end gun violence, why has he been handing out weapons to Mexican Drug Cartels and Terrorists? He obviously didn't want Stevens to have any because he denied the man over 600 requests for additional security and took away 16 members of his security team.

Sky, you have come to your conclusion about good ol' America-loving, citizen-defending Barry. Good for you. Instead of him continuing to issue edicts upon law-abiding citizens that only make them less safe, shy doesn't he do anything to make them more safe so they won't have to have so many guns?

Why doesn't he fix his broken background check system that allowed a terrorist to acquire a Visa, come into the US, AND KILL 14 Americans?

Why doesn't he take any kind of action to make sure 'rogue' agencies within his or other administrations don't decide on their own to hand over thousands of weapons to drug cartels?

Why doesn't Obama STOP running guns to terrorists like the Muslim Brotherhood, Al Qaeida, and ISIS?

Instead of crying over unprotected children specifically targeted because they are in gun-free zones where there is no chance for the shooter to be shot before he carries out his attack, why doesn't Obama find a way to protect the children? Hire (a) retired Vet(s) to carry, patrol, and protect the schools, for example...stop making our children the proverbial 'fish in a barrel' for criminals and nut jobs.

Why not have / call for the Natl Guard go into Chicago to take on / eliminate / disarm the gangs that gave Chicago it's record-setting year for murder/gun violence in 2015? Our military needs training going street to street (door to door if necessary)....do something against the criminals doing the shooting / murdering!

And yet here it is 20 years later, and y'all still have your guns. And every time your RW news sources wind you up, you go out and buy more guns.

What conclusion are we to draw here?

And yet here it is 20 years later, and y'all still have your guns. And every time your RW news sources wind you up, you go out and buy more guns.

What conclusion are we to draw here?
Obama and Liberals are the greatest gun salesmen on the planet! :p

The OBAMAZ CUMMIN FER YER GUNZ Madison Avenue marketing campaign has been an unmitigated financial boon for the arms manufacturers and retailers of America.

I would not be surprised in the slightest if they were donating big bucks to Clinton PACs anonymously.

"HITLEREEZ CUMMIN FER YER GUNZ!!!"

Felons aren't allowed to own guns, so Hillary won't need any guns or money from gun manufacturers....

History has a habit of repeating itself when people do not learn from it...

History has a habit of repeating itself when people do not learn from it...

Yep. And that particular history you gunlubbers love to cite has never occurred in this country, so you might study up on the trends that have.

Obama in 96: “I don’t believe people should be able to own guns.”

Dr. John Lott, President of the Crime Prevention Research Center, has some personal experience on the subject (of Obama's stance on gun control) since he knew the President when they were both attending the University of Chicago Law School. He focuses on remarks which Obama made during his recent CNN “Town Hall” on guns.

At his recent Town Hall Meeting The president forcefully claimed: “I respect the Second Amendment; I respect the right to bear arms; I respect people who want a gun for self-protection.”

The president forcefully claimed: “I respect the Second Amendment; I respect the right to bear arms; I respect people who want a gun for self-protection.”

Well, here’s another quote: “I don’t believe people should be able to own guns.” That’s what Obama told me when we were colleagues at the University of Chicago Law School in 1996. Obama has also publicly supported a nationwide “ban [on] the manufacture, sale and possession of handguns” as well as a “ban the sale or transfer of all forms of semi-automatic weapons.” Even as late as the 2008 Presidential primaries, Obama supported Washington, D.C.’s handgun ban."

-----------------------

For a guy who doesn't believe people should be able to own guns, he sure has given thousands and thousands of them out to people...the WRONG people:
- He gave the Mexican Drug Cartels THOUSANDS of automatic weapons AND GRENADES (500+ innocent people dead, to include 2 Americans)

- He gave weapons to Libyan Al Qaeida who had been recruiting jihadists to go to Iraq / Afghanistan to kill American troops, armed them, and then took the country to war on his own - bypassing Congress to do so - and used our military to help Al Qaeida - who slaughtered over 1,000 Americans on 9/11/01 - take over Libya.

- He supplied, armed, trained, and protected ISIS

Hmmm, arming criminals, terrorists, and our enemies while declaring he doesn't think law-abiding citizens should be able to own guns....Yeah, nothing wrong here.
:rolleyes:

Please note

Barack Obama did NOT attend University of Chicago Law School.....he graduated, Magna cum Laude, from Harvard Law School....

Sincerely,

Mary Rosh
he was a lecturer there for like 10 years or something, wasn't he?

Yeah.......and the source of the piece doesn't understand the difference?

I wonder what the source, or the rebleater knows about Mary Rosh....

But y'all are still paranoid and complaining. Have you hugged your guns today?
Yeah, no way a country would disarm it's citizens...never been done before...right? :p
Australia did it, and they didn't turn into Nazi Germany. And their homicide rate plummeted.

I don't see the US repealing the Second Amendment any time soon, though.

Germany did it....and their women were just assaulted and raped by Muslim Animals....

That's just not true! Didn't you hear his recent speech and town hall? He said if you like your guns you can keep your guns - so there!!!

Forum List

Back