Obama asserts executive priviledge over fast and furious documents

WASHINGTON — President Bush invoked executive privilege to keep Congress from seeing the FBI report of an interview with Vice President Dick Cheney and other records related to the administration's leak of CIA operative Valerie Plame's identity in 2003.

The president's decision drew a sharp protest Wednesday from Rep. Henry Waxman, chairman of House Oversight Committee, which had subpoenaed Attorney General Michael Mukasey to turn over the documents.

"This unfounded assertion of executive privilege does not protect a principle; it protects a person," the California Democrat said. "If the vice president did nothing wrong, what is there to hide?"

Plame, a CIA analyst, got outed by someone we already know did the outing: Armitage.

The Congressional "investigation" was bullshit and the claim of Executive Privilege WAS with regard to actual ADMINISTRATION business.

Fast and Furious was a DoJ "program" which -- according to Holder's prior sworn testimony -- he did not discuss with the President.

The Congressional Investigation into the DoJ program is very much a Congressional matter and their subpoena should have been honored a LONG time before AG holder begged The ONE to falsely claim "executive Privilege" to CONCEAL the evidence.

So much for TdM's patently false analogy.

Entirely true but TM can't comprehend this.

Are you sure TM can understand anything beyond: push the red button for food, the blue button for koolaid?

Killed in an armed assault. Do you think the Mexican Nationals from whatever drug cartel patroling the area that night would have been unarmed except for the guns the ATF let walk in?

I feel sorry for everyone who has been killed or injured by the war on
Americans who use non-government approved recreational substances.

You're derailing bigtime on this one. The weapons found at the scenes of these awful massacres were weapons supplied by Holder and his gang. You really should rethink your vigorous defense of Holder & Obama on this one.

No I'm staying on point. There is no defense for gun walking. The entire reason for the violence is the war on Americans who use non-government approved recreational substances. That's the main reason Mr. Terry is dead. Not Holder. Not Obama. Not gun walking schemes. Issa is political hack trying his best to take down the Obama administration.

No.... the REAL REASON was to make it look as if there was an epidemic of assault rifles going from America to Mexico.

This way they could say we need to restrict even more the sales of guns here in America.

Never let a good crisis go to waste... and if there is no real crisis, create one :eek:

It was Mexican Nationals who Killed Brian Terry. If any federal program is to blame it's the Drug War.

killed by guns that Holder gave to them. He sure loves Americans don't he? They said he died for his country and his country owes the family the truth the whole truth and nothing but the truth.

I feel sorry for Brian Terry's family.

Killed in an armed assault. Do you think the Mexican Nationals from whatever drug cartel patroling the area that night would have been unarmed except for the guns the ATF let walk in?

Yeah! You know whatobama/ Holder's America armed Terry with? Rubber bulletts.. against the Mexican drug cartels.. rubber fucking bullets.

And that is the crux of it all.

Americans scold Mexicans for their violent ways and inability to control the cartels. Meanwhile, we provide a steady stream of legal and illegal weapons as our passion for illegal drugs fuels the market

And that's ^ the pathetic spin of it.

For while it is undeniable that there is an undue appetite for illegal controlled substances, it is also true that the DoJ ran a fucking IMBECILE program that gave firepower to the violent Mexican cartels who then used some of those weapons to perform their hideous violence INCLUDING against our very front line defenders.

AG Holder SHOULD have the decency to resign immediately.

The cartels already had enough firepower and did not have to rely on small time gun walking schemes to arm themselves.

Yes I agree gun walking schemes are fucking stupid.

Not fucking stupid, fucking criminal illegal operations.

This is such a moronic excuse, they were going to get guns anyway so it doesn't matter if the ATF forced gun stores to violate the law and sell guns the meth addicts.

killed by guns that Holder gave to them. He sure loves Americans don't he? They said he died for his country and his country owes the family the truth the whole truth and nothing but the truth.

I feel sorry for Brian Terry's family.

So running guns telling the ATF its too catch cartel but actually it was to bring press to the fact these guns would be used in crime thus your Marxist pals cry for gun control laws. In my own words that's what its about. Not whatever your going on about

Outstanding! You win...what I don't know but you win!

And now this:

Holder retracts claim Bush team knew about Fast and Furious | WashingtonExaminer.com

In a second major retraction over its version of the the gun-walking scandal, the Justice Department has retracted Attorney General Eric Holder's charge in a hearing last week that his Bush administration predecessor had been briefed on the affair.

Yeah..I alluded to that earlier. Blame Bush has been taken off the table...

Minor detail...

Now its the corner potheads fault... not Obama's regime.

So running guns telling the ATF its too catch cartel but actually it was to bring press to the fact these guns would be used in crime thus your Marxist pals cry for gun control laws. In my own words that's what its about. Not whatever your going on about

Just face it... it was a scheme to scare folks into tighter gun laws.

Had ZERO to do with what the guns were being used for.

This regime could care less about the rule of law!
:mad:

Minor detail...

Yeah BlindBoob is trying to make that case....and pathetically...

Most of us here know what this was about...And it was to stir up a furor to repeal the Second Amendment...and we must never lose sight of that.

And One more thought?

Isn't introducing weapons over a border without the knowledge of that government tentamount to a declaration of War?

This privilege was ment to exempt communications that involved the Whitehouse.

So Obama was involved in the 80000 some pages being withheld by the DOJ?

What bullshit.

You're a real moron. Did you know that? :lol:

The invocation of executive privilege allows the president to defy requests and subpoenas by members of the legislative and judicial branches for information the White House deems sensitive.

And that's ^ the pathetic spin of it.

For while it is undeniable that there is an undue appetite for illegal controlled substances, it is also true that the DoJ ran a fucking IMBECILE program that gave firepower to the violent Mexican cartels who then used some of those weapons to perform their hideous violence INCLUDING against our very front line defenders.

AG Holder SHOULD have the decency to resign immediately.

The cartels already had enough firepower and did not have to rely on small time gun walking schemes to arm themselves.

This is such a moronic excuse, they were going to get guns anyway so it doesn't matter if the ATF forced gun stores to violate the law and sell guns the meth addicts.

They already had many weapons and had no trouble purchasing more.

I see the echo chamber is working overtime.

In November 2009, the Phoenix office's Group VII, which would be the lead investigative group in Fast and Furious, began to follow a prolific gun trafficker. He had bought 34 firearms in 24 days, and he and his associates bought 212 more in the next month. The case soon grew to over two dozen straw purchasers, the most prolific of which would ultimately buy more than 600 weapons.[3][5][31]

The tactic of letting guns walk, rather than interdicting them and arresting the buyers, led to controversy within the ATF.[5][32] As the case continued, several members of Group VII, including John Dodson and Olindo Casa, became increasingly upset at the tactic of allowing guns to walk. Their standard Project Gunrunner training was to follow the straw purchasers to the hand-off to the cartel buyers, then arrest both parties and seize the guns. They watched guns being bought illegally and stashed on a daily basis, while their supervisors, including David Voth and Hope MacAllister, prevented the agents from intervening.[3]

Responding to the disagreements, Voth wrote an email in March 2010: "I will be damned if this case is going to suffer due to petty arguing, rumors, or other adolescent behavior. I don’t know what all the issues are but we are all adults, we are all professionals, and we have an exciting opportunity to use the biggest tool in our law enforcement tool box. If you don’t think this is fun you are in the wrong line of work – period!”[3][33]

ATF gunwalking scandal - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

ATF did not force gun shops to sell weapons illegally to anyone.

BlindBoo, do you agree that Congress has an independent responsibility, particularly when US persons have been killed because of a failed, reckless program, to investigate those who authorized, approved, knew about it and in some other way responsible for it?

They already had many weapons and had no trouble purchasing more.

I see the echo chamber is working overtime.

In November 2009, the Phoenix office's Group VII, which would be the lead investigative group in Fast and Furious, began to follow a prolific gun trafficker. He had bought 34 firearms in 24 days, and he and his associates bought 212 more in the next month. The case soon grew to over two dozen straw purchasers, the most prolific of which would ultimately buy more than 600 weapons.[3][5][31]

The tactic of letting guns walk, rather than interdicting them and arresting the buyers, led to controversy within the ATF.[5][32] As the case continued, several members of Group VII, including John Dodson and Olindo Casa, became increasingly upset at the tactic of allowing guns to walk. Their standard Project Gunrunner training was to follow the straw purchasers to the hand-off to the cartel buyers, then arrest both parties and seize the guns. They watched guns being bought illegally and stashed on a daily basis, while their supervisors, including David Voth and Hope MacAllister, prevented the agents from intervening.[3]

Responding to the disagreements, Voth wrote an email in March 2010: "I will be damned if this case is going to suffer due to petty arguing, rumors, or other adolescent behavior. I don’t know what all the issues are but we are all adults, we are all professionals, and we have an exciting opportunity to use the biggest tool in our law enforcement tool box. If you don’t think this is fun you are in the wrong line of work – period!”[3][33]

ATF gunwalking scandal - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

ATF did not force gun shops to sell weapons illegally to anyone.

Oh yeah... wiki-history

Nice job idiot :clap2:

Minor detail...

Corner pothead fault? Exactly the opposite. Those who support the laws making and keeping pot(and other substances) illegal. Obama's Administration is in fact culpable in continuing those laws.

Forum List

Back